Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite european holiday destinations

+9
Angry Dad
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Quent
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm looking to book a cheap week away in the sun at the end of june.

Fancied somewhere different to spain, so thought I would ask you lovely people on your favourite places in europe for ideas.

I've looked at Italy, Germany and some parts of Greece.

South Sardinia looks gorgeous and a place in Croatia has also caught my eye.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Depends on what your budget is and what sort of stuff you want to do on your holiday.

Traf swears by Egypt - some wonderful coastal holidays at low cost, Turkey is cheap but is also the 'new' Spain for the 'lads' and ladettes'.

I'd do your homework on the Croatian holiday - The Adriatic was a very popular tourist destination before the troubles in the old Yugoslavian states - I've heard of some bad holidays since that time though in that part of the world since then though - not saying where you have your eye on will be bad though - just check out some reviews of the hotel / area first.

If Germany is so nice then why do they always head off for the Med themselves then, eh!?

Be careful about Greece - with the Euro problems they have, make sure the airports etc are not on strike, people protesting, etc.

Have you thought of Morocco - a bit of a change to the normal holiday destination.

I was planning to go to Italy myself this year but doubt I'll make it because of other personal commitments - had hoped to go to Lake Como area - maybe next year - it isn't a cheap holiday place though.

Anyway hope this is of some help.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Skegness

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bulgaria for me. You'll get a lot more for your money and some of the hotels are amazing. And you can go on a trip to see where Martin Petrov was born!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
I was planning to go to Italy myself this year but doubt I'll make it because of other personal commitments - had hoped to go to Lake Como area - maybe next year - it isn't a cheap holiday place though.

If you change your mind just let me know because my uncle Perry has a villa on Lake Como.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Aaron, not sure if you are on your own, or what you want out of it. On the basis that you aren't going to a place just to get rat-arsed, and possibly going with a partner, I would recommend Venice. I've only been to Turkey twice,( both in the last 18 months), and its also excellent, and good value. France's Vendee area is also good. Black Forest in Germany, (South as its not as picturesque in the North).Surprisingly, Holland is also good. Worst place I went to was Malta. Boring as bollocks. Its national dish is rabbit stew ! How exciting is that.?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Is it a recuperation home for fallen stars?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Is it a recuperation home for fallen stars?

It is indeed. Personally, I prefer Lake Garda.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Your uncle Perry once told me that It's Impossible.

He put it in such a nice way too that I've never fotgotten his advice.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good one Sluffy. He was also in a state about all the places in America, and even wanted to know what Della wore

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Aaron, not sure if you are on your own, or what you want out of it.

He's going with his 63 year old boyfriend, Derek.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Haha, he told me he was 47 Very Happy

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never been to Malta because a lot of people told me it was pretty dead. I like Majorca and Minorca because it's a nice short flight.

The Greek islands are a bit more expensive because of the state of their economy so Turkey is probably your best bet because they don't have the Euro. I stayed in Side on the Turkish Riviera and if you can put up with the mithering bastards trying to tempt you into their establishment or buying a snide watch, you should be fine.

If I was going to Turkey again then I would head for Olu Deniz. Everyone I have spoken to who has been there has recommended it.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Olu Deniz is where I was last October. A really nice place but not a great deal to do during the day, other than sober up or doze on the beach. Fairly lively place though.. Stopped at an all-in one hotel the beach front. Bloody paragliders landing all the time, right in front. Also, the Turks have recently passed a law where the shopkeepers are allowed to invite you in to their shop (once -ish) and then they have to just let you browse unhindered. It seemed to work in Olu deniz. Bodrum was ok as well

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aaron, if you are looking for somewhere way off base then head for the resort of Skala Eressos on the Greek island of Lindos. Wall to wall beaver with a twist. It's the female equivalent of Mykonos.

Me and the missus went there in 91 before kids got in the way of a good holiday. Lesbians from all over the world make an annual pilgrimage for a two week vacation. It's the birthplace of the Greek Goddess, Sappho. Plenty of hairy armpits, flat tops and tattoos but also some stunningly beautiful carpet munchers as well.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've been to Spain, Greece and Turkey several times, Cyprus twice and Portugal once.

My best holidays have come in Greece and Turkey. Worth the extra two hours on a plane in my opinion.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Thanks for the recommendatiosn guys, I should have really explained what kind of holiday we are looking for. Just a quiet week away from me and a few family, wasn't keen on going when it first got mentioned but we are busy as fuck at work at the moment and I need a break in the sun.

We have looked at Rhodes tonight, never been myself but it looks very nice, I think I shall be giving the last option from RT a miss, hairy armpits aint my scene Very Happy

I am on thompson and thomas cook sites as we speak looking for deals.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:

If I was going to Turkey again then I would head for Olu Deniz. Everyone I have spoken to who has been there has recommended it.

I'm looking at this place at the moment on Thomson holiday website, bugger me it looks a nice place.

Never been to turkey and never really fancied it but I am slowly coming round to the idea.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Travel Republic can throw out some unbelievable bargains!

Have a fiddle...

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sverige- Kalmar.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum