Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Facebook Bullying

+7
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
doffcocker
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Facebook Bullying Empty Facebook Bullying Sat May 19 2012, 16:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Last night, a 15 year old from Bolton (who I won't name) declared on her Facebook status "Cbfa wish i had cancer and died."

She's since, predictably been subject to hundreds of abusive posts on her wall, including:

"hate you,soo fucking much."

"you fucking sick bitch,saying that,peoples family have died from it and your wishing to have it,you need to think of what you say before you do it,heartless bitch,well done you mess. be careful for what you wish for!knob."

"OH GESS WHAT YOUR GOING J2 IN ONE WEEK WAIT TILL I SEE YOU AM GONNA TOURTURE YOU ALIVE GONNA STRIP U NAKED WALK HOME ! IF U WANNA TWAT HER COME J2 IN ONE WEEK WE ALL BATTER HER !"

I find myself feeling heartbroken for a self-absorbed mare that publicly wished a horrendous disease on herself, and having far more contempt for the dense, classless shits that have ganged up on her.

I hate the idea that Facebook causes trouble; it's the airheads that use it that cause the trouble. But it becomes a different issue altogether where schoolkids are concerned.

2Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sat May 19 2012, 16:22

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Unfortunately, Facebook has become, among other things, an arena for the thicko chav underclass in our country. It is like an electronic Jeremy Kyle Show if you look in the correct places.

The thing that irks me most about Facebook is the pack of dogs mentality which arises. It manifests itself in groups that pop up with names like 'Raoul Moat is a c***' and then a flood of tens of thousands of hate-filled, lynch-mob posts all expressing abject disgust and outrage and bragging about what they'd supposedly do with whoever if the object of hatred. It reminds me of the manifestation of Emmanuel Goldstein in the George Orwell polemic 'Nineteen Eighty-Four', where the controlling Party arranges and expects people to take place in a daily 'two minutes' hate' against Emmanuel Goldstein and all he stands for, even though he is likely a construct.

The other thing which bothers me - which is also a more subtle form of bullying on Facebook - is where users are pressurised to like or join a cause or post through passive aggressive or emotional tactics, such as a post with a dead soldier's coffin and a Union Jack and an accompanying message that says 'Like this post to show your support for our boys who are keeping YOU safe right now. 90% of you won't do this, I am pretty sure I know the ones that will.' A lot of these posts go viral and they are put together by manipulative individuals who think their post being shared thousands of times on Facebook is some form of achievement.

I visit Facebook less and less with each passing month. There is a handful of people I use it to stay in touch with or I would have been off it long ago.

3Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sat May 19 2012, 16:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I find myself using facebook less and less, it really is the realm of numpty.

The bullying culture that has emerged on social networking sites is just sad IMO.

YouTube is also an arena for hatred, look at almost any video and you will see vile racist and homophobic abuse spouted in the comments section.

I do wonder what people get out of it.

"Fa**ot and Ni**er used in abundance.

4Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sat May 19 2012, 18:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't do facebook, twitter or anything like that - just the footy forums and mainly Bolton ones at that. You'd be amazed at the shit that I've had to put up with just for trying to be fair and honest and with the people that post.

It's an open secret that one person I banned went so far as to buy the .com domain name for our site and divert it to an EDL forum because he continues a grudge dating back nearly three years because he got banned for trying to poach the forum I was then on, membership - not just one or two if them - a whole bunch of them - and he did it twice before we banned him!

I've be the subject of all kinds of abuse - and lets face its all over petty issues on a small internet football forum - nothing that’s in any way shape or form, important real life in any way whatsoever!

I feel sorry for the people who feel that they somehow have to live their lives via facebook and twitter (they need to get out and talk to real people) and I can't comprehend the people who happily abuse them for no other reason that it makes them laugh. It's like poking fun at the mentally deficient - how difficult is that and really is that funny taking the piss out of easy targets who have neither the wit or mental capacity to fight back?

I don't know if its just me but getting old but I'm finding that more and more of the younger generation I come into contact with, seem to be missing the people skills to interact with real persons - they may be able to text and tweet like world champions but they seem to be incapable of holding the briefest of conversations, to have basic manners, or have tolerance, consideration or patience with others.

Why the fuck anyone would want to read my facebook page (or tweet) to see for instance what I had for my breakfast is beyond my comprehension - but such shite is a daily occurrence a million times over each day on the social networks.

Maybe I'm a dinosaur but I don't feel the need to be abusive, angry, or put down others on forums and other social networks and I do have respect people in real life.

Maybe you need to be an attention seeker to get the most out of these media’s, in which case I'll just let them get on with it and bully yet another of their own.

5Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sat May 19 2012, 19:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's no such thing as internet bullying. If someone throws abuse your way just don't log on to that site again. Simple.

Amazing how people claim to be abused on Facebook but keep logging on twenty times an hour!

6Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sat May 19 2012, 19:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah i'll stop using a service I want to/am entitled to because some cnut wants to bully me.

I'm not surprised you take that view quite honestly.

If you had a guy that punched you at your front door everyday would you stop going home?

7Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sat May 19 2012, 19:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

If you had a guy that punched you at your front door everyday would you stop going home?

That's different, it's a physical threat. Same as being bullied at school. You can't walk away from a bloke who comes to your door every day or school if you're a kid.

You can simply choose another website to avoid being abused on the web.

8Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sat May 19 2012, 19:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

These people giving to abuse to her and any other case like this.......just fucking delete them off your friends list instead of taking the abuse.

9Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sat May 19 2012, 19:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

That's different, it's a physical threat. Same as being bullied at school. You can't walk away from a bloke who comes to your door every day or school if you're a kid.

You can simply choose another website to avoid being abused on the web.

Most "online" bullying rarely stays "online"

especially when it concerns younger kids who go to school with the bullies, maybe live near them.

10Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sat May 19 2012, 19:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sick of being bullied on here by Hipster and Largehat.

This is my last ever post.

11Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sun May 20 2012, 12:11

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Im on my phone so im not going to respond, but I will when I get to a pc.

This is a good topic and some cracking posts, I agree with most of it.

Il stick my two penarth in later...

12Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sun May 20 2012, 15:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, LH doesn't bully, he's just aggressive when he has a point to make. Slightly different.

13Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sun May 20 2012, 15:58

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks for sticking up for me Gloswhite, but I very much doubt Nat his serious. Lets face it, she rarely is.

14Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sun May 20 2012, 18:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some people seem to spend all their free time on Facebook notifying the world and his brother about the most trivial of details. Personally, I don't see the attraction myself.

15Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sun May 20 2012, 18:50

I seek out any dickhead who has Bolton Wanderers on their page and send them abuse until they block me.

16Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sun May 20 2012, 19:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:I seek out any dickhead who has Bolton Wanderers on their page and send them abuse until they block me.

Facebook Bullying Fw55q8

17Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sun May 20 2012, 20:52

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:I seek out any dickhead who has Bolton Wanderers on their page and send them abuse until they block me.

I would never block you as you would be a useful source of humour if I felt low, - just read your "intended abusive" comments and laugh!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

18Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Sun May 20 2012, 21:23

[quote="bwfc71"]
Bolton Hater wrote:I would never block you as you would be a useful source of humour if I felt low, - just read your "intended abusive" comments and laugh!

How's the fried chicken venture going fatty? Have you scoffed all the stock yet?

19Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Mon May 21 2012, 09:10

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[quote="Bolton Hater"]
bwfc71 wrote:
Bolton Hater wrote:I would never block you as you would be a useful source of humour if I felt low, - just read your "intended abusive" comments and laugh!

How's the fried chicken venture going fatty? Have you scoffed all the stock yet?

be careful, hes known as a COCK around Blackburn you know...

piss him off and he will bum you...

20Facebook Bullying Empty Re: Facebook Bullying Mon May 21 2012, 09:23

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[quote="Reebok_Rebel"]
Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

be careful, hes known as a COCK around Blackburn you know...

piss him off and he will bum you...

Only a cock-a-doodle-do for cocks like him!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum