Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

bullying at work

+13
Lyric Todkill
Sgt. Bash
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
JonnyRandom
WhiteBic
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
Jamster26
Bernard Dennis Park
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1bullying at work Empty bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 11:04

i'm being bullied at work. not in a physical way, but bullied all the same.

i work in an office and while i'm not technically the office junior i am the youngest member of staff. ever since i started working there a woman called kerry has taken a dislike to me. at first it was just the odd catty comment or blanking me if we walked past each other.

unfortunately kerry is the manager's daughter and its clear he thinks she's god's gift to accountancy when in reality she's average at best. when he's around she's little miss nice, when he's not she thinks she's in command, which she isn't.

anyway, over the last few weeks the catty comments have turned to insults and encouraging others to do the same. i get given silly amounts of work by her while others just lounge around dossing on the internet and playing games.

obviously i could leave but i need this job. but if i go to my boss (kerry's father) isn't he likely to side with her? he'll then see me as a troublemaker.

any serious advice would be appreciated.

2bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 11:07

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No wonder you always get dumped.

Seriously though, shit in her desk draw.

3bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 11:17

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'd speak to HR about it.

4bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 11:18

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Say she racially abused you.

5bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 11:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this a small company where your boss is the "big boss/owner" or does he have bosses himself?

6bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 11:41

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Suck the boss off.

It's always worked for me.

7bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 11:41

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I thought you worked for a publishing company?

Anyway, I have had to deal with issues like this myself. Dont go to your boss, go to somebody you trust and then officially arrange a meeting with your boss (make sure there is documentation - emails or a letter, some form of recorded paper trail) and get this person to witness it.

Put all your greivences down in the initial email in as much detail as you can and make sure your witness and other departments (such as HR) are copied in. Also copy yourself in to the email so you have a record in case the email gets 'lost' - they have a habit of doing.

when you go in to the meeting, take the email with you and be diplomatic - it may just be a misunderstanding or a clash of personalities that once talked about will be resolved.

If not, you have a record of the conversation and a witness should it go to tribunal - you CANNOT be sacked, if they do sack you a tribunal would work in your favor.

Whatever you do, Dont lose your rag, that will give them grounds to dismiss you.

8bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 11:45

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:No wonder you always get dumped.

Seriously though, shit in her desk draw.

I would 2nd this or spike her brew

9bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 11:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is this a small company where your boss is the "big boss/owner" or does he have bosses himself?

I would assume its the former.

What would you do Nat? As a former 'Preston Businesswoman Of The Year'? :whistle:

10bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 12:59

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is this a small company where your boss is the "big boss/owner" or does he have bosses himself?

no, it's his name above the door. 14 employees.

11bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:00

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I thought you worked for a publishing company?

Anyway, I have had to deal with issues like this myself. Dont go to your boss, go to somebody you trust and then officially arrange a meeting with your boss (make sure there is documentation - emails or a letter, some form of recorded paper trail) and get this person to witness it.

Put all your greivences down in the initial email in as much detail as you can and make sure your witness and other departments (such as HR) are copied in. Also copy yourself in to the email so you have a record in case the email gets 'lost' - they have a habit of doing.

when you go in to the meeting, take the email with you and be diplomatic - it may just be a misunderstanding or a clash of personalities that once talked about will be resolved.

If not, you have a record of the conversation and a witness should it go to tribunal - you CANNOT be sacked, if they do sack you a tribunal would work in your favor.

Whatever you do, Dont lose your rag, that will give them grounds to dismiss you.

the problem is i don't trust anyone, people know that if they side with me they are making an enemy of kerry and while they couldn't be sacked for it she could make their lives uncomfortable.

i may just have to put up with it and look for another job.

12bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:06

Call the cops and tell them he got his knob out while you were photocopying and made you suck it. You probably do this willingly but they don't know that.

13bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:19

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just pull a doll out and describe to HR how she touched you "here, here and here"

Problem solved

14bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leave the company, if you're good at what you do then you'll have no problem finding another job.

15bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Leave the company, if you're good at what you do then you'll have no problem finding another job.

What a ridiculous thing to suggest to a 24 year old.

16bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sounds like she could be jealous of you for some reason are you hotter than her? any chance you can win her over maybe for the sake of your job.

17bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:54

yeah, are you fit Jane?

18bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:56

Boggersbelief wrote:Leave the company, if you're good at what you do then you'll have no problem finding another job.

i'm halfway through training and they pay for me to go to college at night. i could leave but i'd have to pay back the fees and find another job exactly the same. not easy.

19bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:57

Angry Dad wrote:Sounds like she could be jealous of you for some reason are you hotter than her? any chance you can win her over maybe for the sake of your job.

who am i to say how good looking i am, but other people have mentioned something along those lines. apparently i am number 1 on the top 5 office totty list.

20bullying at work Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 14:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

What a ridiculous thing to suggest to a 24 year old.

Shut up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum