Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

bullying at work

+13
Lyric Todkill
Sgt. Bash
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
JonnyRandom
WhiteBic
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
Jamster26
Bernard Dennis Park
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 14:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:i'm halfway through training and they pay for me to go to college at night. i could leave but i'd have to pay back the fees and find another job exactly the same. not easy.

Oh I see. Then pay Whittam a small fee to wait outside your work and sort this Kerry out.

22bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 14:12

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton Hater wrote:yeah, are you fit Jane?

I can assure you, shes a very bonny lass Very Happy

23bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 14:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

How would you know?

24bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 14:25

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

How would you know?

Im simply guessing...

25bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 14:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RR makes some good points if you were going straight to a complaints procedure, but in a small business corporate protocol and employment legislation are not always followed.
I'd do this:
Start looking for another job immediately, but don't tell anyone and keep it a secret. The best time to look for a job is when you're already employed. Continue at work as per usual for the time being.
Document everything. Anything that evidences what you're claiming (emails etc) Save it regularly to a datapen and keep a copy at home away from the office computer system. Don't bitch about this woman at any time and certainly don't leave anything on your computer that could be used against you. Squeaky clean.
Behave impeccably. Don't give anyone any excuses to give you a hard time.
Try to be nice to everyone including Kerry but at the same time, don't get hung up on what they say or appear to think, even if they are being a complete knob. Try to build a rapport with the boss so that when you're ready to talk to him he will give you a fair hearing. If you currently don't speak to him, just smile and be pleasant and helpful whenever possible.
When you have all your ducks in a row, try to find a time to speak to the boss (or HR person if there is one) - ask for "help with a problem of a sensitive nature"
Explain what you think the problem is in an objective and calm manner, demonstrating that you have made every effort to work around the issue but feel that you need his help to resolve it. Don't go over the top, but have your evidence ready just in case what you are saying is challenged. Remain calm at all times.
Be completely honest and ask for help.
If you do these things and nothing changes, you are already lining up another job. And if they try to sack you for complaining you can sue their butt as you'll have all the evidence a tribunal will need for a constructive dismissal case.

26bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 14:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Sounds like she could be jealous of you for some reason are you hotter than her? any chance you can win her over maybe for the sake of your job.

who am i to say how good looking i am, but other people have mentioned something along those lines. apparently i am number 1 on the top 5 office totty list.

Rolling Eyes

27bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 15:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

who am i to say how good looking i am, but other people have mentioned something along those lines. apparently i am number 1 on the top 5 office totty list.

Rolling Eyes [/quote]

Are you on the male totty list at your place Hipster?

28bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 16:08

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Maybe she's into girls' if you are a babe feel her out and tease her get control of her that way then trick her and get her for sexual harassment,yeah I like that one.

29bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 16:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Maybe she's into girls' if you are a babe feel her out and tease her get control of her that way then trick her and get her for sexual harassment,yeah I like that one.

I bet you do, pervert.

30bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 16:22

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

If you got the tools use them.

31bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 16:24

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bolton Hater wrote:yeah, are you fit Jane?

Too skinny for you and no relation. Surprised she'd be your cup of tea BH!

32bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 16:30

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd ask her out for a night out, get her smashed on Es then she'll love you forever.

33bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 16:36

wanderlust wrote:RR makes some good points if you were going straight to a complaints procedure, but in a small business corporate protocol and employment legislation are not always followed.
I'd do this:
Start looking for another job immediately, but don't tell anyone and keep it a secret. The best time to look for a job is when you're already employed. Continue at work as per usual for the time being.
Document everything. Anything that evidences what you're claiming (emails etc) Save it regularly to a datapen and keep a copy at home away from the office computer system. Don't bitch about this woman at any time and certainly don't leave anything on your computer that could be used against you. Squeaky clean.
Try to be nice to everyone including Kerry but at the same time, don't get hung up on what they say or appear to think, even if they are being a complete knob. Try to build a rapport with the boss so that when you're ready to talk to him he will give you a fair hearing. If you currently don't speak to him, just smile and be pleasant and helpful whenever possible.
When you have all your ducks in a row, try to find a time to speak to the boss (or HR person if there is one) - ask for "help with a problem of a sensitive nature"
Explain what you think the problem is in an objective and calm manner, demonstrating that you have made every effort to work around the issue but feel that you need his help to resolve it. Don't go over the top, but have your evidence ready just in case what you are saying is challenged. Remain calm at all times.
If you do these things and nothing changes, you are already lining up another job. And if they try to sack you for complaining you can sue their butt as you'll have all the evidence a tribunal will need for a constructive dismissal case.

thank you for your proper answer wanderlust, i'm going to take your advice.

34bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 16:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:
wanderlust wrote:RR makes some good points if you were going straight to a complaints procedure, but in a small business corporate protocol and employment legislation are not always followed.
I'd do this:

thank you for your proper answer wanderlust, i'm going to take your advice.

Your welcome.

35bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 17:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Or as they say in English...you're welcome Jayne - and good luck. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

36bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 17:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:thank you for your proper answer wanderlust, i'm going to take your advice.

Where is my thanks? I'm not happy.

37bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 17:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
not-so-plain-jayne wrote:thank you for your proper answer wanderlust, i'm going to take your advice.

She may be young but the woman clearly recognises wisdom when she sees it. Cool

38bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 18:04

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bolton Hater wrote:Call the cops and tell them he got his knob out while you were photocopying and made you suck it. You probably do this willingly but they don't know that.

Please stop posting your sick fantasies on here.

39bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Tue Feb 19 2013, 22:05

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:

Same, I thought my solution was a belter

40bullying at work - Page 2 Empty Re: bullying at work Wed Feb 20 2013, 21:23

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

sometimes, only physical violence does the job

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: