Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bullying

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bullying Empty Bullying Tue Dec 12 2017, 08:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've watched the video of Keaton Jones the boy from America talking about his bullying and it breaks my heart, why are kids so cruel just because he looks slightly different?

I'm always telling my two that if they are being bullied they need to tell me straight away and i've also warned them that if they ever bully anyone i'll disown them. Obviously i wouldn't but it really upsets me thinking about kids getting bullied and so much of it now is recorded and ends up on social media which is even worse.

I hope Keaton can come through this now and it makes people think about their actions but it's a hard world these days and will only get worse i fear.

Anyone on here have any experience of being bullied or would admit to being a bully themselves?

2Bullying Empty Re: Bullying Tue Dec 12 2017, 09:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Kids have always been horrible little buggers to each other. What makes it worse nowadays is that when someone says or does something, they can record it, so gaining anonymous followers, or supporters, and increase the hurt, and the pressure, of the victim. Unfortunately, unless parents know about this, and step in, it won't get any better.

3Bullying Empty Re: Bullying Tue Dec 12 2017, 10:01

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I remember a lad at secondary reported me for bullying once.  I honestly thought we was just having a bit of a laugh and a joke and had no idea he felt that way.  I was mortified.  Especially as there was a fair few dick heads at our school i had to put up with myself.  Luckily i didnt last the full five years there.

I hate bullies.  But i especially hate these twats who film it and share it on social media.   Like norpig ive had lengtht discussions with my two about it.

Bullying and lying are two things i cant abide

4Bullying Empty Re: Bullying Tue Dec 12 2017, 10:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They've even stooped to posting pictures of the lad and his family,posing with a confederate flag,and holding guns. The suggestion being that they're backwoods racists.
The worst thing about being bullied is the isolation. He appears to lack a core group of friends he can hold on to,so finds even being in the school grounds an intolerable experience.
Bullying seems to be rife these days,in life,and,especially,on the web,and it's getting worse.
It's one of the reasons I steer well clear of Facebook and twitter.
Nuts,for all the spats,is a much kinder place. Good hearts abound on here,as we've seen many times in the past.
I hope young Keaton,and so many others like him,find,in time,that the world,and the people who inhabit it,are much kinder than his present circumstances suggest.

5Bullying Empty Re: Bullying Tue Dec 12 2017, 10:32

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I see the fund they have to support him, (why do they need this ?), has been frozen at about 60,000 dollars, due to the (alleged), racism.

6Bullying Empty Re: Bullying Wed Dec 13 2017, 16:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see the Boys Mother is being branded a racist and there are claims his estranged Father is a white supremacist.

What this has to do with the poor lad i have no idea, he can't be held responsible for his parents actions. I just hope all this has been sorted out at school and he can move on. As someone who has had to put up with finger pointing and staring because of a facial disfigurement and looking different my heart goes out to him.

I was 18 when mine happened so not as young as Keaton but it still left me feeling self conscious and worried about meeting new people. I wasn't bullied but it did affect me and to a small extent still does. It's something you see every day in the mirror and something you can't escape from.

Its strange as this story has really got to me, i do hate bullying but this one story in particular has really upset me. Must be getting soft in my old age.

7Bullying Empty Re: Bullying Wed Dec 13 2017, 21:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not soft, Mr Pig, caring, and there's nothing wrong with that.

8Bullying Empty Re: Bullying Wed Dec 13 2017, 22:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:Not soft, Mr Pig, caring, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Yes I agree with Glos.

Sometimes something in life touches you unexpectedly.

There's nothing wrong for letting your heart go out to a hurt child - particularly when you've felt his hurt in the past yourself.

Good for you mate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum