Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Footy Mags

+6
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Footy Mags Empty Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 20:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone still read footy mags? 
As a kid 'Shoot' or 'Goal' magazine were pretty popular,but the only one I read with any regularity now is 'When Saturday comes', which is probably the best of them.
The 'Match of the Day' mag I buy for the tiddlers in the family is just another glossy vehicle to promote those never ending sticker collections,but it keeps them happy.
'Late Tackle' is another of the better ones,but I can't seem to get hold of a copy these days.
Some of the Fanzines were pretty good too.

2Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 20:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was a big fan of Shoot in the seventies. Jack of United and Jimmy of City was the stuff of legends.

3Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 20:40

shoot when i was younger, WSC these days.

Used to get White Love all the time from a newsagent in town on the way to school!

4Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 20:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shoot is still going isn't it? Online at least.

5Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 20:49

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I like fourfourtwo. Although I'll be honest, I only really buy a magazine when I'm stuck in a hotel on my own and I have no WiFi or 4 / 3G signal. 

Magazines and newspapers are so last century. I get my news from a touchscreen nowadays.

6Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 20:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I like fourfourtwo. Although I'll be honest, I only really buy a magazine when I'm stuck in a hotel on my own and I have no WiFi or 4 / 3G signal. 

Magazines and newspapers are so last century. I get my news from a touchscreen nowadays.
Ooh look at you, you posh twat!  Razz Very Happy

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:00; edited 1 time in total

7Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 20:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Used to love shoot as a kid, I remember having all the posters stuck all over my bedroom! 

Don't really buy footie mags anymore and just read what is available online like Rebel does.

I know that they are not the same but I started buying the bolton programmes again when attending to get the Mrs more interested in Bolton which worked well. :biggrin;

8Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I like fourfourtwo. Although I'll be honest, I only really buy a magazine when I'm stuck in a hotel on my own and I have no WiFi or 4 / 3G signal. 

Probably right. Physical newspapers are dying on their arse. Mags are just about clinging on.
I had to get rid of my programmes KP. Just had no room for them.

9Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:

Probably right. Physical newspapers are dying on their arse. Mags are just about clinging on.
What about the loft Bonce? Was that full too?  Shocked

10Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

What about the loft Bonce? Was that full too?  Shocked
Never you mind about my loft!
Nothing was ever proved. Cool

11Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:25

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:

Ooh look at you, you posh twat!  Razz Very Happy
Nothing about being posh. Its just the modern world isn't it? 

Back in the day we had stacks of shit, nowadays though...

I read books on a tablet (reading the tom rob smith books at the min after watching child 44) I own over 100 books... And all of them are stored on a single tablet. 

Same with my music collection, I have thousands of songs but not one single CD. A memory stick for the car is the closest I come. 

People used to have hundreds of photos stuck in albums... Now we have SD cards and picassa for our treasured memories.

Same with magazines... Why buy them when you can read the same shit online for free?

12Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:29

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Used to love shoot as a kid, I remember having all the posters stuck all over my bedroom! 

Don't really buy footie mags anymore and just read what is available online like Rebel does.

I know that they are not the same but I started buying the bolton programmes again when attending to get the Mrs more interested in Bolton which worked well. :biggrin;

I'll admit I buy a programme when I have a non football person with me, otherwise it's just a waste of money as I never read them or end up losing them. 

By the way ... SMILEY FAIL!

13Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:31

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

y2johnny wrote:shoot when i was younger, WSC these days.

Used to get White Love all the time from a newsagent in town on the way to school!
I used to get white love all the time as well. Match mag was probably my favourite followed by shoot. I was obsessed with sticker collections as well when I was younger.

14Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:35

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:

You got rid of your programmes! affraid

I could never do that. Just like all my old BWFC shirts and match tickets from loads of away games and Wembley/millennium etc. kept all my old season ticket books as well from before they started with the cards.

15Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:36

Used to read Match and 90 minutes when I was a youngster. Bought about 10 of White Love off the internet for about £40 last year, good to read on the toilet.

16Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:37

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What the fuck is it with stickers... Seriously. I'm 30 and when I was a kid I never got the whole idea. 

Pogs were better...

17Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was always out playing footy when I was younger, didn't have time for magazines

18Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:39

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Reebok_Rebel wrote:What the fuck is it with stickers... Seriously. I'm 30 and when I was a kid I never got the whole idea. 

Pogs were better...
I liked them too  Smile

19Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:43

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

And these.......

Footy Mags M_byIdzKWiBeVG8DHbtdHZw

20Footy Mags Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:What the fuck is it with stickers... Seriously. I'm 30 and when I was a kid I never got the whole idea. 

Pogs were better...
I collected the premier league 95 and 97 stickers and they were fab especially the shiny ones! 

I'm not quite sure what got me addicted to them but must have spent a fortune on trying to complete the bloody things! Very Happy

Pogs were ace! I still have a some of them! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum