Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Footy Mags

+6
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Footy Mags - Page 2 Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was cards,not stickers in my day. Playtime was spent comparing collections and doing swaps.
As your mate went through his cards,you'd peer over his shoulder muttering "got.got,got,not got got,got,not got" ,and when this was finished it was time for the hard bargaining to start.

22Footy Mags - Page 2 Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:I like fourfourtwo. Although I'll be honest, I only really buy a magazine when I'm stuck in a hotel on my own and I have no WiFi or 4 / 3G signal. 

Magazines and newspapers are so last century. I get my news from a touchscreen nowadays.
Ooh look at you, you posh twat!  Razz Very Happy
Nothing about being posh. Its just the modern world isn't it? 

Back in the day we had stacks of shit, nowadays though...

I read books on a tablet (reading the tom rob smith books at the min after watching child 44) I own over 100 books... And all of them are stored on a single tablet. 

Same with my music collection, I have thousands of songs but not one single CD. A memory stick for the car is the closest I come. 

People used to have hundreds of photos stuck in albums... Now we have SD cards and picassa for our treasured memories.

Same with magazines... Why buy them when you can read the same shit online for free?
You are right Rebel, I was just joking but it is a shame though as I used to get excitement/enjoyment going out to get a magazine, CD etc. Smile

23Footy Mags - Page 2 Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I was a teen every football programme came with a copy of 'The Football League Review' free inside.
It was a sort of in house magazine of the FA. Padded out what were then pretty thin programmes though,and was a passable read on the coach coming home.
Anyone remember 'The Buff'?

24Footy Mags - Page 2 Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:It was cards,not stickers in my day. Playtime was spent comparing collections and doing swaps.
As your mate went through his cards,you'd peer over his shoulder muttering "got.got,got,not got got,got,not got" ,and when this was finished it was time for the hard bargaining to start.
Were they like cigarette/pg tips cards Bonce? Smile

25Footy Mags - Page 2 Empty Re: Footy Mags Tue Jun 09 2015, 21:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bigger than that KP. About the size of a small photo.
Footy Mags - Page 2 Cards+001

26Footy Mags - Page 2 Empty Re: Footy Mags Wed Jun 10 2015, 00:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone remember 'The Buff'?

Of course!

No doubt you remember the van parked on Manchester Road printing them after the game.

Everyone trying to find out how the other teams went on particularly towards the end of the season when we had things to play for!

Happy days!

27Footy Mags - Page 2 Empty Re: Footy Mags Wed Jun 10 2015, 00:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

l gave up after Football League Review Magazine - which they used to include with the programme -  published that team photo with Franny Lee's todger hanging out. I was scarred.

28Footy Mags - Page 2 Empty Re: Footy Mags Wed Jun 10 2015, 03:23

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Barb Dwyer wrote:Used to read Match and 90 minutes when I was a youngster. Bought about 10 of White Love off the internet for about £40 last year, good to read on the toilet.

Mental! I used to work at 90 Minutes and I didn't even remember it.

29Footy Mags - Page 2 Empty Re: Footy Mags Wed Jun 10 2015, 08:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

did anyone read Roy of the Rovers? I used to love that comic when i was at Primary school  Very Happy

30Footy Mags - Page 2 Empty Re: Footy Mags Wed Jun 10 2015, 14:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tough lads in those days. Very Happy
Footy Mags - Page 2 3204230-roy+of+the+rovers+790210+(1979)+pagecover

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum