Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+27
finlaymcdanger
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
JAH
bryan458
Sluffy
Barryjw
xmiles
Reebok_Rebel
MartinBWFC
observer
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
Banks of the Croal
Copper Dragon
Keegan
terenceanne
FullofSprite
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Norpig
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 34 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 50]

341Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 16:39

Boggersbelief wrote:I hate putting my club down but if he was really all that he wouldn't have been stuck in Real Madrid B for years and would have been playing at a decent standard. He's hardly a youngster

Fuck me, talk about double standards........

How come you're allowed to be critical and express doubts about the players we're signing but when I did it, you branded me a negative bastard who hated BWFC?

342Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 16:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We are the mighty Bolton Wanderers, thats what has swung it.
I think not.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

343Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 17:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I hate putting my club down but if he was really all that he wouldn't have been stuck in Real Madrid B for years and would have been playing at a decent standard. He's hardly a youngster

Fuck me, talk about double standards........

How come you're allowed to be critical and express doubts about the players we're signing but when I did it, you branded me a negative bastard who hated BWFC?

Because I'm not a neurotic twat that sees negative in everything bwfc does

344Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 17:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Studies of the optimum conditions for happiness have concluded that being stable and extroverted rather than neurotic and introverted is likely to make you a contented person. Clearly, whatever cod scientist produced this suspect piece of ‘research’ has neglected to think about one important aspect of extroversion: the constant exposure to social humiliation, and the attendant realisation that you’re a twat. 

The more you struggle against twathood, the more it takes over. In that respect, being a twat is very similar to drowning in quicksand. 

From a poem by Robert Browning: "Then owls and bats / Cowls and twats / Monks and nuns in a cloister's moods /Adjourn to the oak-stump pantry". Seriously.

Of course, being a twat means constantly straddling the great divide between your twattish eagerness to please and your terrible knowledge of your own twathood. It takes the kind of sophisticated doublethink that would blow 1984 out of the water. In many ways, twats are underestimated. But not enough to save them from going straight to video in the great distribution schedule of the universe.

Brucie,of course,is exempt from twathood. 

Last edited by boltonbonce on Sun Jul 05 2015, 17:12; edited 1 time in total

345Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 17:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers has a point.

346Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 18:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he's only 22 and to break into the first team at Madrid is nigh on impossible, anyone who's on Madrid's books even at the B team must have something about them surely?

347Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 18:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Madrid club doctor could probably start for us.

348Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 18:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:This osede can't be that good if we are his best option

Are you could say that anyone who signs for us must be crap?

We are in desperate trouble and if we haven't got money we should be using every other resource at our disposal. In this case I think it may be our contacts that have come into play. Osede cites Hierro as a childhood hero and Ivan is well in with Real so a word from either or both of them plus a chance to play first team football might have swung it.
Sure we don't know how good he'll turn out to be, but the signs are good and he looks like an excellent gamble under the circumstances.

Neil has to roll the dice and Madine, Osede, Kuipers etc all seem worth a shot - who else could we get on a free who has power, pace and quality?

349Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 18:41

Similar feelings to Boggers in that a lot of people seem to be getting excited based on the fact he's been playing for Madrid, which doesn't always guarantee success.

As I said previously I'm glad to see us signing this type of player, capable of exceeding expectations and being quality for us. Rather than known championship journey men.

That ones for Madine too, always impressed me playing for the opposition. Motivated and out of trouble I think he could really kick on.

350Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 18:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Similar feelings to Boggers in that a lot of people seem to be getting excited based on the fact he's been playing for Madrid, which doesn't always guarantee success.

I wonder if paying big money for a player is any more of a guarantee of success?
Neil's gambling which makes it even more exciting to see what he creates as there are no guarantees.
Like you, I'm chuffed he's targeted a few young players with decent potential. It could go horribly wrong but there's also a chance they turn out to be inspired signings.

351Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 18:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets hope he is the gem.

352Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 19:50

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:The Madrid club doctor could probably start for us.
How much do they want for a transfer fee?

353Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 19:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
Might do a swap. The guy is 68. Shocked

354Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 19:58

boltonbonce wrote:
observer wrote:
Might do a swap. The guy is 68. Shocked

Still bring the average age of our squad down Smile

355Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 20:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tends to lose his teeth on a regular basis though.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

356Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 20:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

357Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 21:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Palacios fails trial - recurring hamstring injury.

358Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 21:31

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote: Palacios fails trial - recurring hamstring injury.
Much better now than later.

359Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2015, 21:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It appears that this is his 3rd knock back.

360Transfer rumours ! - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 06 2015, 08:40

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Similar feelings to Boggers in that a lot of people seem to be getting excited based on the fact he's been playing for Madrid, which doesn't always guarantee success.

I wonder if paying big money for a player is any more of a guarantee of success?
Neil's gambling which makes it even more exciting to see what he creates as there are no guarantees.
Like you, I'm chuffed he's targeted a few young players with decent potential. It could go horribly wrong but there's also a chance they turn out to be inspired signings.

No I don't think money has any guarantee of success but equally I don't think coming through a top clubs academy does. But as I said in glad it's a risk we're taking.

I'm feeling positive about all of our signings so far actually, even Madine. Always impressed me when we've come up against him and given the right motovation and staying fit I think he could really push on for us. If he keeps his head down I think we'll look at that as a great signing on a free.

Looks like Osedes done anyway so we now need at least a full back and a striker before the season starts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 34 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum