Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would A Curfew Work In The Uk?

+4
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 15:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's no doubt that the majority of the anti-social behaviour in this country is down to teenagers, and there's little doubt that the majority occurs in the evening.

So is it time for a curfew for everyone under 18? If the government introduced a curfew at, say, 7.30pm would it work?

Obviously it can't be policed to any great degree, but if teenagers were caught out after 7.30pm their parents could get a £50 fine each time it happens. It would soon stop.

Am I onto something?

2Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 16:01

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:There's no doubt that the majority of the anti-social behaviour in this country is down to teenagers, and there's little doubt that the majority occurs in the evening.

So is it time for a curfew for everyone under 18? If the government introduced a curfew at, say, 7.30pm would it work?

Obviously it can't be policed to any great degree, but if teenagers were caught out after 7.30pm their parents could get a £50 fine each time it happens. It would soon stop.

Am I onto something?

Your definatley on something.

3Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 16:05

I've seen that episode of the Simpsons as well.

4Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 16:09

It may work but it wouldn't be fair. This is England we're supposed to have a certain level of freedom, most teenagers aren't twats, and not all anti social behaviour is the work of teenagers. In fact the worse cases like assault is more likely to be carried out by idiots in town on a night out, who tend to be older.

5Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 16:26

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

no

6Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 16:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:most teenagers aren't twats

95% are.

7Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 16:45

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:

95% are.

I agree with Nat on this one Twats

8Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 16:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

95% are.

It more like the other way round. 5% are, and its the minority that give the majority a bad name!!!

9Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 16:55

Natasha Whittam wrote:

95% are.

Debatable

10Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 16:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

It more like the other way round. 5% are, and its the minority that give the majority a bad name!!!

That might be the case in Holland Mr Amos, but over here it's definitely 95%. Fact.

11Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 16:58

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Can you remember what you were doing 15 to 20 years ago?

How did you act?

Can't debate at moment as now off to college, but will be back later :-)

12Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 17:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Can you remember what you were doing 15 to 20 years ago?

How did you act?

I was modelling for Littlewoods.

13Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 17:53

over here it's definitely 95%. Fact.

Load of rubbish, doubt you know any teenagers.

14Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 17:53

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Can you remember what you were doing 15 to 20 years ago?

How did you act?

I was modelling for Littlewoods.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

15Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 18:09

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No curfew, one child law, unfair trials for the mentally ill, £500 fines for leaving a newspaper on a train, banning fat people from having jobs for which they are suitably skilled just because they are fat, prosecuting animals, punching blind people, banning men with 'moobs' from taking their tops off in hot weather, or any other such nonsensical right wing extremist laws please.

16Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 18:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:No curfew, one child law, unfair trials for the mentally ill, £500 fines for leaving a newspaper on a train, banning fat people from having jobs for which they are suitably skilled just because they are fat, prosecuting animals, punching blind people, banning men with 'moobs' from taking their tops off in hot weather, or any other such nonsensical right wing extremist laws please.

Yep, that about sums me up. Good post, glad you've been paying attention.

17Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 18:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Why is it funny? If I was making it up surely I'd have said the catwalk in Milan or Paris.

18Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 18:40

Yep because you didn't pull out a completely ridiculous lie, your average one must be true, you've convinced me.

19Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 20:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Yep because you didn't pull out a completely ridiculous lie, your average one must be true, you've convinced me.

Good, that was easier than I thought.

20Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Empty Re: Would A Curfew Work In The Uk? Tue May 29 2012, 20:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

What did you model?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum