Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump for President of the USA

+35
Dunkels King
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Growler
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
King Bill
DEANO82
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
Lard Lad
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
okocha
Bread2.0
xmiles
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
observer
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
Copper Dragon
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
rammywhite
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 50]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:I will put it in my diary. Smile

I'll also put something in my dairy on that day, to expect an apology from xmiles.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'll also put something in my dairy on that day, to expect an apology from xmiles.

It may take more than 12 years though. The Chancellor thinks that a no-deal Brexit could mean a 7.7% hit to GDP over the next 15 years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45292025

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

It may take more than 12 years though. The Chancellor thinks that a no-deal Brexit could mean a 7.7% hit to GDP over the next 15 years.

I think he's being optimistic. I suspect the hit to GDP will go over 10% and we'll never get it all back. For one thing we're likely to see a lot of manufacturers (eg Nissan) shift their operations to mainland Europe if only to avoid the inevitable red tape and taxes that will accompany a no deal exit. Also I think a huge part of the banking and financial services sector will relocate to Berlin for that same reason. Some idiot said last week the EU has to give us a good deal because they're "wholly dependent on the UK for trade." Really? so no one in Europe does any business at all with say, the USA, Middle East or China?

In truth I believe this is a disaster that is only going to get worse. As to a 'good' deal for Britain forget it. Any agreement made has to be ratified unanimously by the EU's member states and there are quite a few who don't like us or how our media in particular has portrayed their citizens. I can't see Poland being all that keen to give us anything and to be frank I doubt Spain, Greece or a few others will feel like doing us anything that remotely resembles a favour either.

A no deal Brexit isn't a possibility in my opinion, it's an absolute certainty.

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
xmiles wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I think he's being optimistic. I suspect the hit to GDP will go over 10% and we'll never get it all back. For one thing we're likely to see a lot of manufacturers (eg Nissan) shift their operations to mainland Europe if only to avoid the inevitable red tape and taxes that will accompany a no deal exit. Also I think a huge part of the banking and financial services sector will relocate to Berlin for that same reason. Some idiot said last week the EU has to give us a good deal because they're "wholly dependent on the UK for trade." Really? so no one in Europe does any business at all with say, the USA, Middle East or China?

In truth I believe this is a disaster that is only going to get worse. As to a 'good' deal for Britain forget it. Any agreement made has to be ratified unanimously by the EU's member states and there are quite a few who don't like us or how our media in particular has portrayed their citizens. I can't see Poland being all that keen to give us anything and to be frank I doubt Spain, Greece or a few others will feel like doing us anything that remotely resembles a favour either.

A no deal Brexit isn't a possibility in my opinion, it's an absolute certainty.

I have to agree, but still live in hope that this complete disaster caused by Cameron and Farage trying to see who has got the biggest dick will somehow not happen. It would be funny (I say that sarcastically) if we ended up with a a Norway type deal. I can just see the xenophobes now "yey, we're out of the EU, no more forriners innit", but in fact we still have freedom of movement, and to keep the trade deals going we now pay more in to the EU than before, but at least "we ain't part of the EU anymore innit" !

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With climate change causing increasingly hot summers, the pound being worth peanuts, and the collapse of British manufacturing and exports we seem to be heading towards a Greek style economy where all we'll have left is a dependency on foreign tourism. After all, if it's cheap, hot, historic and linguistically accessible I'd imagine foreigners will be queuing up to visit Britain when the Government finishes dragging us down. 
The irony of the British begging foreigners to come here and spend their euros eh?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Donald Trump for President of the USA - Page 38 39942213

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As people around the world pay fulsome tributes to Senator John McCain, Trump tweets his condolences to the family.
What a classless turd he is.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Does anyone else think Lewis Carroll came back from the dead and we're all actually falling through his looking glass, down his rabbit hole to dinner with the Mad Hatter?

I'm actually very worried by this given how rigged the US Supreme Court is now. They would likely rule that Trump is NOT violating the First Amendment if he chose to try and impose what search engines can and can't do because they're NOT the generators of the information, they only host a platform on which it can be found.

Even more worrying is the fact he's considering challenging the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution which limits Presidents to two terms in office. For someone who's become both a laughing stock and object of contempt in most of the world outside the USA he seems very confident he'll win the next Election in 2020. This could well be because more than thirty MILLION American citizens have been disenfranchised by 'Voter ID' laws across almost forty states and there are six more states considering those same laws.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Donald Trump for President of the USA - Page 38 Giphy

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wish I was surprised or even a bit startled but I'm not. Trump reminds me of "Bob Rumpson" from the movie "The American President". Bob only cares about doing two things. Telling you what to be afraid of and who to blame for it. Don and his ilk thrive in the atmosphere of ignorance and fear that now pervades America in large part thanks to their polemic rhetoric that makes far too many US citizens hate anyone who's even a little different to them.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
I wish I was surprised or even a bit startled but I'm not. Trump reminds me of "Bob Rumpson" from the movie "The American President". Bob only cares about doing two things. Telling you what to be afraid of and who to blame for it. Don and his ilk thrive in the atmosphere of ignorance and fear that now pervades America in large part thanks to their polemic rhetoric that makes far too many US citizens hate anyone who's even a little different to them.

I wish this was just true in America but unfortunately it seems to be a global problem. Look at the rise of dictators like Erdogan and Orban in Turkey and Hungary and brexit where judges are described as traitors for simply upholding the law. Facts no longer matter.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

I wish this was just true in America but unfortunately it seems to be a global problem. Look at the rise of dictators like Erdogan and Orban in Turkey and Hungary and brexit where judges are described as traitors for simply upholding the law. Facts no longer matter.
Sadly I agree. I just hope it turns around soon. I'm not optimistic though.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

UN General Assembly laughs at Trump Smile

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

made me laugh when i saw the reaction. I'm sure they thought he was joking.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think anyone is silly enough to believe that now Glos. Trump truly feels he's the greatest president ever and that he's at least as big as Jesus. The sad fact is there seem to be quite a few Americans particularly in the Southern States who agree with him.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Although I think hes dismantling the office of President, and showing no respect for anyone, he is sticking by his voters down in the South. Just goes to show that even an idiot can get a gamble right sometimes.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:Although I think hes dismantling the office of President, and showing no respect for anyone, he is sticking by his voters down in the South. Just goes to show that even an idiot can get a gamble right sometimes.
It's all about who shows up at the polls.  Only 58% of American voters who were eligible, voted.  Today's hearings have made it difficult for the Republicans and the question is how long the party adheres to Trump's whims.  Today women are being empowered... and could turn the Congress in 6 weeks.  Interesting times!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum