Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump for President of the USA

+35
Dunkels King
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Growler
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
King Bill
DEANO82
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
Lard Lad
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
okocha
Bread2.0
xmiles
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
observer
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
Copper Dragon
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
rammywhite
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 50]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Problem is that the largest economy and biggest army on the planet will be fronted by one of these guys.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Problem is that the largest economy and biggest army on the planet will be fronted by one of these guys.

......and can you imagine Trump in charge of that. it's a nightmare scenario.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Problem is that the largest economy and biggest army on the planet will be fronted by one of these guys.

I don't think the President is actually in charge Rammy. More of a puppet role IMO.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

I don't think the President is actually in charge Rammy. More of a puppet role IMO.

Unfortunately, Trump doesn't strike me as the puppet type. He comes across as somewhat of a maverick. Tact and diplomacy doesn't appear to be his strong suit.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Unfortunately, Trump doesn't strike me as the puppet type. He comes across as somewhat of a maverick. Tact and diplomacy doesn't appear to be his strong suit.
I reckon the Langley farm boys could drop him if he stepped out of line....

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm with Hilary. Trump is a dangerous moron.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The problem is that the trump rhetoric is masking the Clinton nomination. People really do need to see what she has, (or hasn't) achieved, how she did it, and at what cost, all from one of the highest posts in the American government.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

This^ The illuminati run and control the world.

Mark my words.

Well, it looks like the crazy bastard's secured the GOP ticket, so here we go.....

Anybody else building a shelter in the back garden?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The thought of having Trump and Putin in charge of two of the most powerful nations on the planet is scary, throw into the mix a coked up psycho with nukes in North Korea and resettling on the moon looks really attractive. 
If this guy gets in he could go down in history as the only president in history capable of making Goerge W Bush look intelligent.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Oddly enough Trump seems to have no problem with Putin and the chances of conflict between America and Russia might go down if Trump won.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Oddly enough Trump seems to have no problem with Putin and the chances of conflict between America and Russia might go down if Trump won.

It certainly looks that way. I'm not sure if all of trumps rhetoric is genuine or if he is just playing up to the masses. It's now looking highly likely to be a two horce race between Don and Hilary. She certainly doesn't appeal to the American working class so it looks like Don may hold the Trump card.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why anyone would vote for a man with his pubes strapped to his head is beyond me.

And don't bring Brucie into it!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He must be good to get where he is.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:He must be good to get where he is.
Not really scott. He's just got lots of money of his own and plenty of support from the American far Right, the Tea Party in particular. He's basically banging the drum that America is God's country and talking about the 'good old days' which never really existed outside Hollywood and on Fox News. (Better known in the USA as Faux News and with good reason.) 

His approach is to blame 'foreigners' for everything wrong in America and he basically wraps himself in the flag and preaches about how it's all the fault of immigrants and poor people. He gets away with it because the sad truth is huge numbers of Americans know almost nothing about their own history let alone anything that's going on outside the USA itself. 

Frankly the average American voter, especially in the rural and 'Bible Belt' areas don't actually think about politics enough to see just what a plank the man is. Add in the fact Hilary Clinton is a woman  and that gives him ten points at least before he says a word. Good Ol' Boys can't stand that idea, having a black President was bad enough but one who isn't a man would be un-American, after all everyone knows John Wayne won the West and saved Europe from Winston Hitler for an encore.

It's actually quite scary to see just how far to the Right the Republican party has lurched and even more scary to see how few American voters have really noticed it happening.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

To be fair to Trump this really isn't the case Peter.

Like him or not Trump has won big on the east coast of the US and took over 50% of the vote in states such as New York which clearly is not a red neck or bible bashing part of America.

In fact it was Cruz and not Trump who is from the far right of the Republican party and is a key Tea Party member and looked to huge support from the bible belt voters.

Trump has also beaten major mainline Republican icons to get to the nomination such as Jeb Bush, Mario Rubio and Chris Christie, so he clearly is more in touch with the majority republican voters than his own party is - quite some achievement really.

I also don't think the presidential race will be as one sided for Hilary Clinton as many expect either, as she is closely linked to Washington (government) and Wall Street (money), which as clearly been seen by many of the electorate to be a negative in this election process - and hence the long lasting support given to Bernie Sanders and the failure of the Republican chosen runners (Bush, Rubio, Kasich, etc).

Trump shouldn't be underestimated. He's certainly not dumb and even if he is not to your particular liking, he is charismatic and has proved to be popular to many.

He may not be politically correct but he has given voice to many who aren't necessarily PC either and he is simply putting into words what many think but dare not say themselves.

I don't think this necessarily implies racism but more how allowing the door open with those coming in not necessarily integrating with those already there leads more to an 'us and 'them' society and causes resentment and distrust of each other.

This is echoed over here in Europe with the rise in anti-EU parties throughout Europe.

Trump may not win the presidential race but I think he has already changed the face of the political landscape in America and future campaigns will look towards engaging a growing electorate who are disengaged with 'corporate' America in both political and financial terms.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.” 

Donald Trump. :facepalm:

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just now -

John Kasich, last Republican Trump rival, 'quits race'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36201042

I guess that means Trump has won the Republican nomination.

Fair play to him.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's an ill wind that blows.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I do not for one moment think Trump is stupid, after all the man has made an awful lot of money and more importantly kept most of it which only goes to show he's not dumb. However, I do feel that the people who have voted him into his current (probable) position as the Republican candidate come from the right wing of an already right wing party. In truth it's been obvious for some years that the Tea Party has much more support among grass roots Republicans than any other faction and is far better organised especially during Primary races. The Koch brothers have built up a 'machine' similar to that which the Democrats had in the 30's in particular. 

What truly worries me about Trump is he seems to believe in very simplistic answers to the many and very real, very complex problems facing the world today. His "ban all Muslims from entering America" statement, his "I've got the guts to drop the A-bomb" and his "Block Mexican immigration by building a wall all along our border" might sound good in the press but in reality they not only don't solve the real problems, they don't even address them. 

Also take a good look at who's endorsing the man. Sarah Palin, Michelle Buchanan, Mitch Connelly to name but three very senior Tea Party figures. I am more or less certain that America's business leaders who have also endorsed him (and there are many) are operating under the belief that they can 'control' Trump. Another group of highly influential politicians and business leaders believed that they could control their country's leader after they lobbied to have him installed. 

The year was 1932 and the place was Germany. The man was called Adolf Hitler. 

And no, I don't think the comparison is alarmist. "He who ignores the past is doomed to repeat it."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum