Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preston 0-0 Bolton

+14
Bwfc1958
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
simsamsuk
Jack Russell
doffcocker
rammywhite
wanderlust
Numpty 28723
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 01 2015, 05:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was last night real?

Yes.

OK,back to bed.

82Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 01 2015, 08:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

BoltonTillIDie wrote:MK Dons.  Preston.  Rotherham. They are the teams that will get relegated.

I think it's more likely we will be joining Rotherham and Charlton in League One.

83Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 01 2015, 14:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If I had to put money on it, we'll finish 21st and I'd take that now.

Surely nobody thinks we're worse than Charlton who have been hammered several times on their own turf and seem to have even less ambition than us.

We didn't play well last night but there was no knowing who the home team was in my opinion. On that basis it would seem we have a slight edge over Preston.

And what about Leeds? They're all over the place in every sense, although there's talk that their madman owner is willing to sell the club to the fans which might solve some of their problems.

I think you could also put a good case forward that Forest are in the shit, baring in mind their transfer embargo, and of course that manager they've got.

84Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 01 2015, 15:57

simsamsuk

simsamsuk
David Ngog
David Ngog

Breadman wrote:Fuck off, Lennon.

A far more accurate and apposite appraisal would be that we were utterly fucking clueless throughout and the writing is well and truly on the wall.

Preston are shit. Utterly shit.

But we made them look ok.

Lennon's fucking useless but it's not entirely his fault.

It's about time somebody from the club came out and acknowledged the fact that we have no money at all to sign players instead of perpetuating this myth that everything's fine.

It's not fucking fine.

We've got a manager who's only ever worked in an environment where his club were the only show in town and everybody wanted to play for them.

And if you got in that team, you fought your hardest to stay in it because there were 70,000 fans who would see you as a hero if you played well.

What have we got?

A bunch of disparate misfits who nobody else wants because they're not capable of doing the basics well enough to play for a half decent team.

So it's a perfect storm of shit - Unprepared / incapable manager + shite players.

League One here we come.

Thanks Phil, you smarmy, shady, bent, self-serving, dishonest, Teflon prick.

..........................This with fookin bells on!!!

85Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 01 2015, 17:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm still willing to clutch at straws despite that performance. 
We got a clean sheet. Spearing, Clayton and Casado played reasonably well on balance, though not for the whole game. That's probably about it as far as positives go.

On the other side of the coin, the biggest worry for me is that our midfield continues to fail to create anything for the forwards to feed off - apart from the one pass from Spearing to Clayton. No striker would do well in this team until we get more from the midfield. Maybe Brattan will make a difference?

86Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 01 2015, 17:30

I said that on the chatbox last night.

We could have Messi up top and we still wouldn't score because there's nobody in midfield who is capable of or prepared to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and provide simple, decent service to the front man / men.

We are desperate for a "box to box" McAteer / Nolan / Holden type and I'm pinning everything on this new Aussie lad being able to do that.

87Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 01 2015, 17:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

glad i didn't stay in and watch it then, sounds like it was a poor game. Surely Pratley should be the box to box player? He doesn't seem to have got back to his best yet.

88Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 09:50

Both sides were pretty dire, but my expectations were so low going into this game I'm not feeling quite as negative as most on this thread.

We were lucky Preston are as shit going forward as we are, Derik is not a RB and I can't help thinking Lennon is harming his confidence in the long run by playing him there as he did next to nothing right. His positioning in particular was poor but equally harmful to us was his failure to offer any sort of attacking outlet. If Pisano was fit enough for the bench I'd started him, we needed a similar level of impetus down the right as Casado tried to offer on the opposite side.

Big reason we needed more from the full backs was Lennon's decision to effectively play 3 defensive midfielders. In this his hands are tied to a certain extent because of injuries and Bratan not being up to speed yet, but even so Pratley, Spearing and Vela all sat so deep the attackers were totally isolated and left chasing useless punts up field (half of which went straight out of play). 

I thought Clayton did okay overall and at least showed a bit of quality when he did get on the ball, but Feeney was a disaster, we really can't afford to give the ball away as regularly as he does I'd be looking for a way to drop him ASAP if I was Lennon.

We were poor and Lennon screaming at the ref constantly was beginning to piss me off. He should be concentrating on sorting us out not the ref. He's still got my backing at this point, but he needs to find a way to make us more of a threat. Step one for me play two proper full backs and get the midfield working a lot harder box-to-box. Oh and drop Feeney.

89Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 10:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote: Oh and drop Feeney.

Drop our leading scorer?

:facepalm:

90Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 10:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Drop our leading scorer?

Leading goal scorer in a side that rarely scores.

He's shit.

91Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 10:11

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Drop our leading scorer?

We need to hold onto the ball better, Feeney might have scored 3 goals but he's been the downfall of countless more attacks. 

Nobody in that side is undroppable as you well know.

92Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 10:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's shit, no argument here, but sadly he's the only one who knows where the net is.

Unfortunately there are 9 shitter outfield players.

93Preston 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Preston 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 02 2015, 10:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In the absence of the creativity needed to produce chances, Lennon backs Feeney for his sheer pace which will put him through from time to time. Unfortunately he is as likely to stand on the ball as get a shot off when it does happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum