Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worth a punt (as our manager) - Steve Bruce

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Offered the Hull job apparently -

Hull City have offered Steve Bruce a job as the club's new manager, BBC Radio Humberside reports.

The Tigers have been managerless since sacking Nick Barmby last month.

Bruce, the former Birmingham City, Wigan and Sunderland boss, has been out of the game since being sacked by the Black Cats in November 2011.

Barmby was removed from his position at the KC Stadium after less than six months in charge following comments he made to the media.

The club's owners, the Allams, have said that there are still two candidates under consideration, with one believed to be Bruce.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18192719

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Seriously Sluffy? You'd like Steve Bruce as Wanderers manager? I think I'd rather have Megson back.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather Bolton Hater took over.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No I wasn't being serious but I do think even Bruce (of whom I've got a history of stating what a vastly over rated manager I thought he was - when I was very much in the minority at the time) would be better than Coyle - and yes I rate Megson better than Coyle too.

I was merely passing on the news of Bruce in an attempted light-hearted manner.

I was going to simply put it in my usual - 'Bruce - worth a punt?' way - but thought people might think I was asking whether he was a better option than Knight - which of course he would be even at his age - hence my 'as a manager' tag as well.

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

Didn't Bruce get Palace promoted to the Premiership...?

Heard that today on TalkSport.. They had Simon Jordon in, pushing his new book.. I quite fancy that.... He's not pleasant about a few people...

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No. I would rather keep Coyle for another 6 months. Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum