Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alternative Forms of Energy???

+4
xmiles
wanderlust
Keegan
Banks of the Croal
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alternative Forms of Energy??? Empty Alternative Forms of Energy??? Sun Jun 10 2012, 00:38

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

When Oil and Gas eventually run out.

Nuclear, Wind, Waste, Solar, Wave, back to Coal, other?

I think it will be Solar.

2Alternative Forms of Energy??? Empty Re: Alternative Forms of Energy??? Sun Jun 10 2012, 02:44

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Oxen.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Alternative Forms of Energy??? Empty Re: Alternative Forms of Energy??? Sun Jun 10 2012, 07:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not really one for conspiracy theories, but I believe that the oil giants own nearly all the important sustainable energy patents.

That's why the investment in development of wind, solar, wave, geothermal, hydro, hydrogen and other technologies has been starved and that's why they're still so crap.

I guess the big boys will decide what they develop when they've finished squeezing out the last drop of carbon fuel they can get their hands on.

The stop gap will be nuclear and if that goes well it's likely that other sustainable forms of energy will never be developed.

4Alternative Forms of Energy??? Empty Re: Alternative Forms of Energy??? Sun Jun 10 2012, 09:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Wind farms are a massive waste of money. They are incredibly inefficient and ugly. We still need nuclear but the future has to be reliable and sustainable; so solar, tidal and geo-thermal when we have sufficiently effective technology.

5Alternative Forms of Energy??? Empty Re: Alternative Forms of Energy??? Sun Jun 10 2012, 17:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

With the adage of 'Necessity is the mother of invention', I would go for cold fusion, or solar power on a much more industialised scale than now, i.e. solar farms, etc.

6Alternative Forms of Energy??? Empty Re: Alternative Forms of Energy??? Sun Jun 10 2012, 17:44

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It currently costs more energy to physically produce a solar panel than the energy it produces.

7Alternative Forms of Energy??? Empty Re: Alternative Forms of Energy??? Sun Jun 10 2012, 17:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Now that doesn't surprise me !

8Alternative Forms of Energy??? Empty Re: Alternative Forms of Energy??? Sun Jun 10 2012, 22:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It does surprise me. How much energy does it take to make a solar panel and how much energy does a solar panel generate over it's full lifetime?

9Alternative Forms of Energy??? Empty Re: Alternative Forms of Energy??? Sun Jun 10 2012, 22:44

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Alien intervention will show us the way.

10Alternative Forms of Energy??? Empty Re: Alternative Forms of Energy??? Sun Jun 10 2012, 23:00

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It is worrying how the world will cope in terms of energy supplies in a hundred years time. I think the world will be ok for producing electricity due to Nuclear enegery, wind, tidal, solar, etc. Nuclear power is clearly the way forward.

But we're so reliant on oil for cars, lorries, planes, etc and how do you replace that? We all know that electric cars are like a laughing stock, you get about 100 miles and then need to charge it up for 6 hours - but if all cars and planes were electric, that would require them to produce so much more electricity.

I am glad I won't be about to see these problems when oil runs out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum