Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elf on a shelf anybody?

+9
whatsgoingon
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
gloswhite
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
karlypants
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

21Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Tue Dec 08 2015, 15:47

We all are kp. Its great fun Smile

22Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Thu Dec 24 2015, 00:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A very sweet story of a kiddie in America and her Elf on a Shelf -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35167842/girl-rings-police-after-elf-on-the-shelf-panic

23Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Thu Dec 24 2015, 00:13

Sluffy wrote:A very sweet story of a kiddie in America and her Elf on a Shelf -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35167842/girl-rings-police-after-elf-on-the-shelf-panic

Thats the same rule we have. Which is quite hard with a 2 year old but we have managed. He goes back tomorrow. He is currently sat on there xmas eve boxes just chillin'.

Ive been well on the ball with it this year doing all sorts of stuff. I even did a littlw rhyming book with photos of his antics for his teacher to read out in class.

Gonna miss the little guy

24Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Wed Nov 30 2016, 21:52

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

It's that time of year again. The elf will be making an appearance in the morning to begin a few weeks of fun and games. Anyone else doing it this year or just you Johnny?

25Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Wed Nov 30 2016, 22:09

Just me and i will be posting pics.  Hes coming tonight with a traditional advent calender filed with little pokemon figures and chocolates and two personalised  baubles for the kids. As well as letters telling them to behave. Then tomorrow night the fun begins

26Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Wed Nov 30 2016, 22:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds like fun TBH Johnny. Very Happy

27Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Wed Nov 30 2016, 22:25

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

y2johnny wrote:Just me and i will be posting pics.  Hes coming tonight with a traditional advent calender filed with little pokemon figures and chocolates and two personalised  baubles for the kids. As well as letters telling them to behave. Then tomorrow night the fun begins
This is my first time doing this so I'm looking forward to seeing how the kids react. Ours is also coming with the advent calendars but I'm liking the idea of the letter, might have to nick that idea for myself.

28Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Wed Nov 30 2016, 22:57

Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 20161111

29Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Wed Nov 30 2016, 23:09

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a good idea this Johnny, might save it for when I have kids

30Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Wed Nov 30 2016, 23:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 20161111
Love the letter Johnny. Smile

31Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Thu Dec 01 2016, 09:50

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 20161111
Credit where credit's due, excellent idea

32Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Thu Dec 01 2016, 10:44

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Went with your idea of a letter Johnny, it went down a treat. We had a small door that the elf came through with a load of fake snow around it that had elf's footprints in it. Looking forward to him getting uo to a bit of mischief now. Seeing as your an experienced hand at this elf on the shelf business Johnny, a few ideas would be gratefully received.  :like:

33Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Thu Dec 01 2016, 10:59

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My eldest last night: 'Dad, we know Santa isn't real. We just pretend so that he, YOU, keep bringing presents'.

I'm going to have to step it up.

34Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Thu Dec 01 2016, 11:24

Ideas from last year

A tug of war with super hero figures
A makeshift hot tub with some dolls
Swinging on the chandelier with a speech bubble saying "i came in like a wreckingball!"

A treasure hunt (this one is my favourite)  put a clue at the top of their stairs and each one leads to the next until they find buddy and some chocolates.

Trapped by darth vader.
Got revenge on darth vader

I will try and think of some more we did Very Happy

35Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Thu Dec 01 2016, 11:50

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

finlaymcdanger wrote:My eldest last night: 'Dad, we know Santa isn't real. We just pretend so that he, YOU, keep bringing presents'.

I'm going to have to step it up.
Going back a few years my eldest did the whole Santa isn't real thing and we just trotted out the same platitudes but knew the game was up.
However the following year he went back to believing in him again, so I asked him about it and after a bit of interrogation I got out of him that the kids at school had told him you didn't get as many presents when you don't believe in Santa so if you pretend to believe in him you'll get more.
Kids are a lot smarter than we think.

36Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Thu Dec 01 2016, 13:11

Im dreading this happening.  My lad is 7 now and with kids the way they are today this may well be the last one.  My worry though is him spoiling it for his little sister who is 3.  I dont think he would intentionally.

37Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Thu Dec 01 2016, 13:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

my lad still believes (i think) and he's 9, i'm going to have to break it to him soon. Can't have him turning up for secondary school still believing  Very Happy

My Daughter is 5 so i'm like Johnny in wondering whether my oldest will spill the beans and spoil ot for her

38Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Thu Dec 01 2016, 13:50

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:Im dreading this happening.  My lad is 7 now and with kids the way they are today this may well be the last one.  My worry though is him spoiling it for his little sister who is 3.  I dont think he would intentionally.

Probably inevitable that he will be the one to spill the beans to her one day, johnny. In my experience the young 'uns are more inclined to just tell on their older sibling and believe Mum and Dad though. My youngest started writing his Christmas wish list to Santa in June.

39Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Thu Dec 01 2016, 13:53

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You bunch of wankers!

Is he not real then?

46 happy years and it's all been a lie.

Thanks for ruining my Christmas, you set of bastards.....

40Elf on a shelf anybody?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Elf on a shelf anybody? Thu Dec 01 2016, 14:01

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yeah, JOHNNY! Add a *spoiler alert* to the title before you ruin it for someone else.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum