Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eddie pays 1m players wages to stop them leaving for free

+13
Bwfc1958
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Bolton Nuts
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
FullofSprite
Bollotom2014
gloswhite
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Chairmanda
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He 'may also' find some money to pay staff wages for Dec. From the sun. Discuss.

BOLTON owner Eddie Davies will fork out around £1million to pay his players at Christmas — and prevent them from leaving for nothing.

The Isle of Man-based supremo has been persuaded he needs to make up the lost salaries due to Neil Lennon’s men at the cash-strapped club.

Davies had pulled the plug financially but was then advised that failing to pay the squad could mean the best of them go for nothing in the window next month.

The likes of Zach Clough and Mark Davies would be entitled to ask for free transfers and their loss would hit the club’s value and possibly put off potential owners.

Davies may also find the cash to pay club staff who have been warned that they may have to go without later this month too.

Bolton, who are bottom of the Championship, continue to talk to interested parties but the chances of getting finance in quickly seem remote — leaving Davies to find the cash himself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm not that fussed about the players they all earn good money and will survive for now. The staff should be priority and then pay the players if possible.
If some of them leave it's not that big an issue as they have hardly been great this season and we are destined for league 1 anyway. We can then play the youngsters and get them ready for next season 
Trying to be positive but it's hard  Shocked

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i'm not that fussed about the players they all earn good money and will survive for now. The staff should be priority and then pay the players if possible.
If some of them leave it's not that big an issue as they have hardly been great this season and we are destined for league 1 anyway. We can then play the youngsters and get them ready for next season 

How are we destined for league one? We're 4 points behind with 81 to play for....

This act in and of itself tells you everything you need to know about the man.

Has he prioritised payment to the poorly paid minions who rely on their wages month to month to survive?

Nah - They aren't assets which he can recoup money on when the administrator starts flogging stuff off to pay the creditors, ie him.

So he finds this mystery money to pay the millionaire players instead.

Arsehole.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

From a business perspective, prioritising the players is correct. Spend 1m now, and you can sell them for Xm in Jan. Morally, to leave staff, some of whom may be long standing, loyal, low paid dependent on their salary without pay 4 days before xmas feels so wrong. The club if it is to remain close to the community, or at least appear that way, surely must do both? And dont get me started on not paying small local businesses who supplied goods and services in good faith. If i were owed money by Bolton now, I would extend no further credit

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:i'm not that fussed about the players they all earn good money and will survive for now. The staff should be priority and then pay the players if possible.

How are we destined for league one? We're 4 points behind with 81 to play for....
 Boggers come on now  Rolling Eyes Where can i buy a pair of the rose tinted specs you have?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sun article in full added to Manda's opening post above.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Boggers come on now  Rolling Eyes Where can i buy a pair of the rose tinted specs you have?

We will stay up.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And on top of that, I also think we will win today, piglet

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i admire your optimism but on what i've seen this season it's unlikely. We've won one game all season and only scored 13 goals (i think?) and our defence concedes far too many. We are only going one way - down

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i admire your optimism but on what i've seen this season it's unlikely. We've won one game all season and only scored 13 goals (i think?) and our defence concedes far too many. We are only going one way - down

We will put together some sort of run, we haven't been playing badly which is why I'm not worried. Clough and Silvas return could spark us into life

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its not impossible. Probably find that just a bit of good news could have quite an effect on performances, (he said hopefully)

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Marc Iles tweet from a hour ago -

Blank looks from #bwfc on report that ED is paying December wages for players (& possibly staff). Hope it's true and he forgot to mention it

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:Marc Iles tweet from a hour ago -

Blank looks from #bwfc on report that ED is paying December wages for players (& possibly staff). Hope it's true and he forgot to mention it
is he trying to say something in The Sun isn't correct?!

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Chairmanda wrote:

is he trying to say something in The Sun isn't correct?!

They probably are in the dark at present, though Iles doesn't say WHO gave blank looks. Might have been the tea lady. On a slightly more cynical note. £1Million with interest added goes up to about £1Million plus, let's call it £5Million for good luck, so the debt increases, even if it isn't really "Proper debt".

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Thought the taxman had to be paid first?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck off Eddie, We know what you are.

FullofSprite wrote:

Thought the taxman had to be paid first?

I have no idea but I would imagine that nothing changes until the hearing on the 18th of Jan, so he can (and should) still pay any monies owed to the staff.

But I may be wrong - I've got a record to maintain, after all.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I want them to leave for free, they're terrible.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I want them to leave for free, they're terrible.
They deserve to play in Horwich, shocking team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum