Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unlucky shorts

+7
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
karlypants
wanderlust
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Unlucky shorts Empty Unlucky shorts Mon Dec 14 2015, 22:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I need some advice.
I was bought a pair of Wanderers shorts a few years ago which I use for the gym and time has taken it's toll on them. I used to think they were lucky shorts but clearly that isn't the case -  the more worn out they've become the worse BWFCs fate. Just as we get to the point of being bottom of the league and being unable to pay the players, the elastic has gone and I'm having to tie the string uncomfortably tight.

If I dump them, does that mean BWFC will go down the pan? I want to get rid but I'm concerned that if I hurt them any more, it will lead to a bad outcome for the club.

Conversely will buying a new pair improve our fortunes and offset any bad karma that binning the old ones may induce? 
There are two contradictory forces of superstition at work so this is really important as the fate of BWFC hangs in the balance. HELP PLEASE!

2Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Mon Dec 14 2015, 22:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do your bit for our beloved club and get them stitched up. Very Happy

3Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Mon Dec 14 2015, 22:25

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

It's not possible for it to get any worse for the club surely so I would bin them. Fresh shorts might mean fresh impetus for the team, plus you probably look like a right scruffy bastard.

4Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Mon Dec 14 2015, 22:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've got a lucky Dime.

After falling into my 7th or 8th pond/hole/bush/drain/ditch this year,I've come to the conclusion it doesn't work.

Get a new pair of shorts. Might as well look smart as the Whites go down the pan.

5Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Mon Dec 14 2015, 22:32

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Jesus Bonce.

That avatar.......

6Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Mon Dec 14 2015, 22:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even Brucie has turned to crack. Sad days. Evil or Very Mad

7Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Tue Dec 15 2015, 09:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wander, there are some real bargains to be had at Bolton Central at the moment. treat yourself to some new shorts for Christmas. You know it makes sense.

8Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Tue Dec 15 2015, 10:07

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:I need some advice.
I was bought a pair of Wanderers shorts a few years ago which I use for the gym and time has taken it's toll on them. I used to think they were lucky shorts but clearly that isn't the case -  the more worn out they've become the worse BWFCs fate. Just as we get to the point of being bottom of the league and being unable to pay the players, the elastic has gone and I'm having to tie the string uncomfortably tight.

If I dump them, does that mean BWFC will go down the pan? I want to get rid but I'm concerned that if I hurt them any more, it will lead to a bad outcome for the club.

Conversely will buying a new pair improve our fortunes and offset any bad karma that binning the old ones may induce? 
There are two contradictory forces of superstition at work so this is really important as the fate of BWFC hangs in the balance. HELP PLEASE!

Don't bin the old ones- send them to Nat to wear as pyjama bottoms. Don't buy new ones either as they'll only bring you more bad luck

9Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Tue Dec 15 2015, 14:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Jesus Bonce.

That avatar.......

What's wrong with it? It's a decent self-portrait considering that the bloke was crap at drawing people. And cats. And dogs. And factories.

10Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Tue Dec 15 2015, 14:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Don't bin the old ones- send them to Nat to wear as pyjama bottoms. Don't buy new ones either as they'll only bring you more bad luck
Well I'll have to wear summat at the gym. Apparently.

I've had to come to a decision.

On balance I reckon they have to go so I'm going out shopping now. If I find some that I like, the old pair will be ceremoniously binned and the new ones will get their first run out tonight. I have a Pilates class at 6 which means they'll be fully christened (no - not that) in time for the Charlton game - just in time to fully test if there has been any impact on our luck.

I'll take a 1 nil away loss as the median so if we scrape a draw or a win it will prove our luck has changed and if we get battered I'll regret chucking out the old 'uns.

11Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Tue Dec 15 2015, 15:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:Jesus Bonce.

That avatar.......

What's wrong with it? It's a decent self-portrait considering that the bloke was crap at drawing people. And cats. And dogs. And factories.
Unlucky shorts Fngry

12Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Tue Dec 15 2015, 17:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

13Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Wed Dec 16 2015, 16:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not saying it's down to dumping the gym shorts yesterday but coming back from 2 nil down away from home and now this rumour that a new ownership deal has finally been done - all within the last 24 hours - has got to be more than coincidence surely?

14Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Wed Dec 16 2015, 17:00

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Maybe lusty, or perhaps the fact my luscious wife decided to wear my old Normid shirt to bed last night had a bearing. Smile

She looks a damned sight better in it than I ever did and Red really suits her. (It's the away kit you see.) Very Happy

15Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Wed Feb 20 2019, 10:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lusty, just wondering, but do you still have the shorts? Or can we blame you for this mess we're in?

16Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're long gone mate. Along with my faith in humanity.

17Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Lusty, just wondering, but do you still have the shorts? Or can we blame you for this mess we're in?

So you've been thinking about his shorts (and what's in them) for the past 3 years, and today you just had to get an update?

18Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Lusty, just wondering, but do you still have the shorts? Or can we blame you for this mess we're in?

So you've been thinking about his shorts (and what's in them) for the past 3 years, and today you just had to get an update?

Having sold my collection of framed Brucie underpants (undisclosed fee) I was looking to start a collection of lucky football charms.
Over the years I've gone through lucky watches, lucky pants/shirts/socks/caps, and even, during the 70's, a lucky elastic band.
As none of these charms appeared to work, I got rid of them, but I'm always interested in the psychology behind these things.
Do you have a lucky charm, Nat?

19Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Having sold my collection of framed Brucie underpants (undisclosed fee) I was looking to start a collection of lucky football charms.
Over the years I've gone through lucky watches, lucky pants/shirts/socks/caps, and even, during the 70's, a lucky elastic band.
As none of these charms appeared to work, I got rid of them, but I'm always interested in the psychology behind these things.
Do you have a lucky charm, Nat?

It’s what she calls her growler

20Unlucky shorts Empty Re: Unlucky shorts Fri Feb 22 2019, 22:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have about 6 Bolton mugs, half of them chipped, that I use every day. The missus isn't allowed to use them at all. She did once, and we won. Should I let her use them again?  NO, I'd rather we went down  Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum