Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chelsea sack Mourinho

+11
finlaymcdanger
doffcocker
scottjames30
Numpty 28723
wanderlust
rammywhite
Norpig
Sluffy
karlypants
boltonbonce
Chairmanda
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 14:55

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

will they get relegated?!!

2Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 14:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No.

3Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 14:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm very surprised that they didn't sack him earlier.

I very much doubt they will be relegated.

4Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 14:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not surprised - obviously something going on behind the scenes this season.

Chelsea have sacked manager Jose Mourinho seven months after he led them to the Premier League title.

The 52-year-old Portuguese had been in his second spell at the club, taking charge in June 2013.

Chelsea finished eight points clear last season and also won the League Cup, but have endured a terrible start to their defence, losing nine of their 16 league games so far.

Mourinho's final match was Monday's 2-1 defeat at leaders Leicester City.

Pep Guardiola, Guus Hiddink, Brendan Rodgers and Juande Ramos have all been touted as possible successors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34670192

5Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 15:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i know it's an old cliche but he seemed to have lost the dressing room, his rants this week about players betraying him was probably the last straw.

6Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 15:01

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No chance of relegation
I'm glad that he's gone as I couldn't stand his tedious smug contentless interviews where he wanted to sound like a football intellectual and in fact sounded like a clown

7Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 15:05

Lennon 12/1.

(That's John Lennon. And he's dead. Neil's 1000/1.)

8Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 15:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never thought I'd say this but I feel sorry for him.
The reality is that the players he backed to repeat their performances of last season instead of replacing them, have let him down bigtime. Terry is finally looking past it, Ivanovic has been a disaster and it's been like that all through the team. Last year's Player of the Season Hazard just hasn't done the business and I find it impossible to blame the manager when this once great team has  gone down the pan.
He doesn't become a bad manager overnight and even when the players were so poor at Leicester he managed to sort them out into some kind of a threat towards the end.
I'd be very surprised if the next manager does anything with this team as they need to spend quite a bit more of Abramovic's dosh. And maybe he's had enough which is maybe why Mourinho didn't splurge in the summer. Still a great manager IMO.

9Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 15:12

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

His biggest mistake was sacking off that lady physio - I'll bet his squad were well pissed off about that!

Anyway now's your chance, Jose, if you want to stick two fingers up at 'em - buy our club and take us to the top!

10Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 15:16

Shame, don't care how much of a nob he is he's pure entertainment. Whoever comes in will be bland.

11Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 15:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree, he makes me laugh.

He'll go to UTD.

12Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 15:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Agree, he makes me laugh.

He'll go to UTD.
Not as daft as it sounds. Van Grotchynoise is not so popular since he said they have to lower their sights.

13Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 15:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mourinho brings no entertainment value to the league whatsoever as far as I'm concerned. He's not even a pantomime villain, just an endless annoyance with his constant complaining about referees, bullshit conspiracy theories, tedious bitching about other managers, and inability to credit anyone but himself and his own players.

The only part of this news that doesn't agree with me is that his record at clubs like Chelsea is still fantastic. The right footballing decision would have been to treat this season as a one off disaster and see if he can sort it out next year I feel but Abramovich probably wouldn't see it like that even if they were 6th not 16th.

14Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 15:35

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well said Doffy- I agree with you entirely.
He might be a brilliant manager but he combines this with being a turgid tedious arrogant clown as well. But he's not unique amongst football managers in that.

15Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 15:38

rammywhite wrote:He might be a brilliant manager but he combines this with being a turgid tedious arrogant clown as well. 

Well, you're half-way there, Gary.

Just need to work on the other 50% now....

Chelsea sack Mourinho Gary-Megson--001

16Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 15:40

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Massive fail in the defense department. Terry and Ivanovic's rapid decline should have been anticipated and Cahill has never looked good without an in-form Terry by his side.

He put all his eggs in Costa's basket up front too. No depth for all their millions.

I don't like seeing Mourinho fired because I like characters in the game. Bunch of dullards apart from Ranieri and Klopp (and he will grow tiresome very quickly).

17Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 16:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Never thought I'd say this but I feel sorry for him.
The reality is that the players he backed to repeat their performances of last season instead of replacing them, have let him down bigtime. Terry is finally looking past it, Ivanovic has been a disaster and it's been like that all through the team. Last year's Player of the Season Hazard just hasn't done the business and I find it impossible to blame the manager when this once great team has  gone down the pan.
He doesn't become a bad manager overnight and even when the players were so poor at Leicester he managed to sort them out into some kind of a threat towards the end.
I'd be very surprised if the next manager does anything with this team as they need to spend quite a bit more of Abramovic's dosh. And maybe he's had enough which is maybe why Mourinho didn't splurge in the summer. Still a great manager IMO.

I agree. Love him or hate him but you really can't fault his track record. Remember him running up and down like a yo-yo at old Trafford with his Porto team rubbing old whiskey nose's face in it. We need characters to keep us entertained imo. I would of thought it would have made more sense to at least keep him until the end of the season? They are in the last 16 of the Champions League after all.

18Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 16:44

Don't forget that Abramovich potted Di Matteo after he'd delivered the Holy Grail, so he's a man of fairly exacting standards obviously.

And being 16th a week before Christmas isn't in his play-book, irrespective of who you are or what you've previously done.

I'm not going to miss Mourinho.

As others have already said, his act got very old a while back for me.

19Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 16:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think you just had to sack him, i mean 9 defeats in the last 15 , plus a point outside the relegation zone.

The only thing is, you know Mourinho will come back to haunt Chelsea one day.

20Chelsea sack Mourinho Empty Re: Chelsea sack Mourinho Thu Dec 17 2015, 19:59

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:Mourinho brings no entertainment value to the league whatsoever as far as I'm concerned. He's not even a pantomime villain, just an endless annoyance with his constant complaining about referees, bullshit conspiracy theories, tedious bitching about other managers, and inability to credit anyone but himself and his own players.

This entirely.

A real arrogant turd.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum