Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official fit club 2016

+17
luckyPeterpiper
Banks of the Croal
Bollotom2014
gloswhite
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
Bolton Nuts
karlypants
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Mr Magoo
Chairmanda
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

21The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Sun Jan 03 2016, 00:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Et tu, Bonce?
This thread is for people who eat a lot more than 2. Razz

Nothing wrong with bread in moderation. I like a nice bit of granary myself.

22The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Sun Jan 03 2016, 00:52

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I won't be doing anything differently. I eat pretty well and get about enough to not do any of that 'pretentious exercise'.

I drink too much, of course I do, but that is as much to do with my DNA (no really, have you seen them Vervet Monkeys in St Kitts?) as it is me enjoying myself.   Very Happy

I could stop smoking but I only smoke 40 a week, so I'm virtually there anyway.  Smile

I've been to the doctors once in the last 20 years and that was for a sick note because I was attacked by a group of drug fuelled pissed up Jocks (they all got 3 years).

We've all to die of sommat, but if it makes you feel better and makes you happy then crack on.  Cool

23The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Sun Jan 03 2016, 00:55

I now have a fitness folder on the homebred of my phone with 4 apps in it. The couch to 10k, map my run, weight tracker and the music player. Baby steps and all that.

24The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Sun Jan 03 2016, 01:04

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Homebred? I presume you mean Home screen? 

I made the decision to check my predictive text hasn't changed anything for the worse before i hit send since the time i accidentally called breadman 'babe' on the chatbox. Very Happy

25The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Sun Jan 03 2016, 01:06

Accidentally my arse, sexy lover.......

You know that time we had was special.

26The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Sun Jan 03 2016, 01:10

Haha, yeah i definitely meant homescreen. Homebred is the special place (carpark) ive programmed in my google maps when im meeting breaders behind yours and big barrys back.

27The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Sun Jan 03 2016, 01:14

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Breadman wrote:Accidentally my arse, sexy lover.......

You know that time we had was special.
When I was invited to the bumchum weekly meeting i didn't realise the name of the group was to be taken literally. I especially liked the gimp mask you had specially made for the occasion by Johnny.  Very Happy

Sorry Johnny, I've taken this right of topic.  :soz:

28The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Sun Jan 03 2016, 01:16

A bit of light humour wont hurt it. Just hope peoples bullshit workout routines wont and it doesnt decend into name calling. PMA is definitely what is needed.

29The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Sun Jan 03 2016, 14:16

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I try to get to the gym at least once a week, I should go more often. Just back from my first session of 2016.  Not been over the xmas period so it was a struggle today.  2 mile run, 10 mins on rowing machine, 10 mins on cycling machine, 5 mins on stepper, and various weight machines.

30The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 12:28

okay, confession time.  set my alarm to go for a run yesterday.  switched it off and turned over.  This morning i got up, was freezing and went back to bed.  so.........................

..............i've decided to become a January Gym Wanker!!!!!!!

I pass one on the way to the "office" and it's 12.99 a month.  one of these 24/7 jobbies so as from tomorrow i am hitting the gym.  the plan is at least three times a week, still doing the couch to 10k app but now i can throw in some low weight high rep sessions as this keeps your metabolism going for longer after your workout.  (so I've read)

The couch to 10k app is a bit like interval training which i have done before and does yield very good results.  But if anyone else has any tips or advice then it would be greatly appreciated.  without giving too much away my aim is to lose (and believe me, i feel very embarrassed saying this) 90lbs this year.  This still won't get me to my "ideal" weight but will be a very good start.  i know you tend to lose more weight more quickly at first so i'm aiming for 20lbs in the first 6 weeks.

It is a big thing going back to the gym for me after what happened last time but at the end of the day i'm not just doing it for me.

How is everyone else doing?

31The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 12:35

Its to cold to go to the gym.

32The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 12:37

too cold to go running round a park at 6am which is why i am braving the gym again.

33The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 12:46

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Just throw yourself into it and stick at it Johnny. Before you know it it will be Christmas again and the last thing you want is to get to that point and be thinking about what it would have been like if you had just put the effort in. 
The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOBV9pIaDRHdAmkje5XAKZe5KET4Dtd213kATiwj1zWpmqHict

34The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 12:50

cheers 58, i'm all set and ready to go now.  My mind is set and i'm hoping in six months time i might be fit enough to start playing footy again!  i was supposed to be doing this masters rugby thing that started in december but there was just no way i was fit enough.

35The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:04

y2johnny wrote:

But if anyone else has any tips or advice then it would be greatly appreciated.  without giving too much away my aim is to lose (and believe me, i feel very embarrassed saying this) 90lbs this year.  

No need to feel embarrassed for saying that in public because in the virtual world we all inhabit on here, where you can put out any persona you want, it takes great courage to actually come clean and admit that you're anything other than perfect, so I say: "Well done you."

As for tips and advice, I wouldn't bother with the gym.

It'll be rammed this time of year and you'll spend most of your time wandering round watching other people exercising instead of doing it yourself - I know, I've done it myself loads.

Get a decent bike instead.

You live in Salford so you're within easy reach of both the cycle path along the East Lancs and the one alongside the ship canal which starts at Barton and goes for about five miles up to Culcheth.

It's flat and it's a pleasant ride in the fresh air which you can do with the kids so it's a safe, fun family thing to do.

And if it's weight loss you're after, you can't beat the aerobic respiration that cycling gives you - forget all the faddy bollocks about "low weight, high rep" free weights.

For that to properly work you've got to spend a couple of hours a day, five days a week doing it and who the fuck's go the time for that?

By all means get yourself some weights (although I suspect that like most of us, you've already got them cluttering up the spare room) and use them but don't make that the core of your exercise programme because you won't get the results you're after.

And don't think of it as "going on a regime" and set yourself rigorous goals because that's too daunting.

And don't become a slave to the bathroom scales. Weigh yourself at the start and then leave it for a good while because you will do yourself more harm than good if you set yourself a weekly or monthly weight-loss target and you don't hit it.

Your head goes down and you think "What's the point?"

If you're losing weight, you'll feel better and you'll know it without needing to get on some scales to validate your efforts.

Think of it as making subtle changes to your lifestyle and see the weight loss as a long-term goal.

Target dates are dangerous in my experience.

Right, my turn to come clean in the hope that it spurs you on mate:

3 years ago when I was at Flint, I weighed just shy of 21 stone.

I'm 6' 1" and I looked like a right fat bastard.

By doing the things I've mentioned above I have lost (and more importantly kept off) 7 stone and I feel 100% better for it.

Nowadays I cycle about fifty miles a week, use the cross-trainer in the spare bedroom three or four times a week for about half an hour a time and I lift a few free weights.

And that's it. 

If I fancy a kebab at weekend, I have one.

No food is bad for you - it's the portion size and frequency that does for you.

My big one's the beer but you've already got a leg up on me on that one, so you're good to go on that score.

It's a long-term thing and not a fad and you can and will do it.

Now crack on, you lazy shit!  Very Happy

36The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:15

Cheers breaders, no room for a bike unfortunately and i daren't leave it in the yard.............................as i live in Salford Very Happy

Well i'm 5ft10 (short arse) and losing 90lbs will take me down to just over 200lbs!

a long way to go but before the "incident" i did enjoy the gym last time and my plan is to go after i have dropped the lad off at school so hopefully all the people who work 9to5 will have emptied.

Portion size is the thing i need to watch, and obviously takeaways will be very very limited from now on.

The last time i was going to the gym i lost 3 stone in 6 weeks, by the sixth week i was doing 5k interval training mixing in jogging, sprinting and fast walking.  i was also using the cross trainer, rowing machine and bike as well as weights and was going 3 to 4 times a week.  the plan is to try and get up to that again.

soon be back down the prems dazzling the crowds with my silky skills and ninja like feet Smile

37The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:30

I used to run round the streets in the summer, trouble with that is I end up a couple of mile from home and knackered.

Usually go to the gym about 4 times a week (we have a free one at work) but been working nights and its always freezing in the gym in the morning so will wait till it warms up.

38The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Go veggie Johnny. i know Hitler was a veggie,but I try not to be overcritical.

Whatever you do,keep it going,because the physical and mental benefits are enormous.

Just don't become a gym fascist. I know a few,and it's sometimes difficult to resist the urge to simply punch their lights out.

Good luck mate.The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Halterofilia5

Last edited by boltonbonce on Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:44; edited 1 time in total

39The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnny, stick with the gym, it'll be worth it.

Most gyms are full of knobbers but if you can go between 9am-11am you'll find there are fewer of them.

40The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:47

boltonbonce wrote:Go veggie Johnny. i know Hitler was a veggie,but I try not to be overcritical.

Whatever you do,keep it going,because the physical and mental benefits are enormous.

Just don't become a gym fascist. I know a few,and it's sometime difficult to resist the urge to simply punch their lights out.

Good luck mate.The official fit club 2016 - Page 2 Halterofilia5
Gym Fascists are the reason i stopped going in the first place.  i'm sure i mentioned on here what was said but it wasn't very pleasant.

I'd love to go veggie but i do love my meat.  i must admit that my bacon and sausage intake (insert joke here) has reduced drastically due to the missus being on one about processed foods and all that jazz!

Thanks Bonce Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum