Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official fit club 2016

+17
luckyPeterpiper
Banks of the Croal
Bollotom2014
gloswhite
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
Bolton Nuts
karlypants
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Mr Magoo
Chairmanda
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

41The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:48

Natasha Whittam wrote:Johnny, stick with the gym, it'll be worth it.

Most gyms are full of knobbers but if you can go between 9am-11am you'll find there are fewer of them.
That's what i am hoping, Thanks Nat!

42The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I often go between 9-11am and the biggest problem is the grey mafia who hog everything, turn the music down, and wear revealing clothes an 18 year old would declare unsuitable.

43The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 14:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

All the very best Johnny.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to insult you or anything - but before you do anything, being the weight you say you are - you need to go to your doctors for a health check - heart, blood pressure - that sort of thing.

I also believe that doctors can prescribe some sort of exercise schemes at your local authority gym (free of charge I think?) if they think it is beneficial to a patient.

I think if you can get on such a scheme it would be perfect for you as you will be properly monitored and coached - and not just another punter at the gym.

Personally I think this is the best way for you to go.

We at Nuts are all right behind you.

Go Johnny, go Johnny!

44The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 14:05

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I eat healthily during the week and eat whatever the hell I like a at the weekends. Seems to do the trick for me on little exercise other than a lot of walking which you inevitably do living where I do (you can't just jump in the car to go here there and everywhere).

I did however pack on 9 pounds in 12 days in England. Its pork pies, cheese pasties, Frazzles and sausage rolls which ever way you turn over there.

Find what works for you Johnny but remember its a marathon and not a sprint. Agree with Bread on not weighing yourself every five minutes either - do that on the first of every month.
Kill the pop / soda (I don't know what its called any more) too. Its shit.

45The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 14:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My mate went on a cabbage soup diet,and the pounds dropped off.

However,you wouldn't want to be trapped in a lift with him, for fairly obvious reasons.

46The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 14:13

Sluffy wrote:All the very best Johnny.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to insult you or anything - but before you do anything, being the weight you say you are - you need to go to your doctors for a health check - heart, blood pressure - that sort of thing.

I also believe that doctors can prescribe some sort of exercise schemes at your local authority gym (free of charge I think?) if they think it is beneficial to a patient.

I think if you can get on such a scheme it would be perfect for you as you will be properly monitored and coached - and not just another punter at the gym.

Personally I think this is the best way for you to go.

We at Nuts are all right behind you.

Go Johnny, go Johnny!

Thanks sluffy, i have had blood pressure etc done.  and even with it being free i wouldn't go to the council run gyms as thats where what happened, happened.

Just gonna go and plug in and get on with it!

47The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 14:14

Natasha Whittam wrote:I often go between 9-11am and the biggest problem is the grey mafia who hog everything, turn the music down, and wear revealing clothes an 18 year old would declare unsuitable.

yeah i'll pass on the silver elite too i think!

48The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 14:16

finlaymcdanger wrote:I eat healthily during the week and eat whatever the hell I like a at the weekends. Seems to do the trick for me on little exercise other than a lot of walking which you inevitably do living where I do (you can't just jump in the car to go here there and everywhere).

I did however pack on 9 pounds in 12 days in England. Its pork pies, cheese pasties, Frazzles and sausage rolls which ever way you turn over there.

Find what works for you Johnny but remember its a marathon and not a sprint. Agree with Bread on not weighing yourself every five minutes either - do that on the first of every month.
Kill the pop / soda (I don't know what its called any more) too. Its shit.
Cheers fin!!!  I have cut down on the owd "soda"  been mainly drinking water with a bit of robinsons in.  i was listening to jeremy vine before xmas on radio 2 (Love jeremy vine!) and they had a nutritionist on saying that it is the most pointless and disgusting thing you can drink!  i have had a few between now and then but a lot more in moderation rather than being the only thing i drink other than coffee!!!

49The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 14:17

boltonbonce wrote:My mate went on a cabbage soup diet,and the pounds dropped off.

However,you wouldn't want to be trapped in a lift with him, for fairly obvious reasons.
:rofl:  it was bad enough with sprouts on my xmas dinner Very Happy

50The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 14:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to own a gym back in the day and I'm a gym regular but don't want to do anything drastic just because it's New Year. However, I did put on a couple of kilos over Xmas and lost my 6 pack in a newly formed tyre as a result of which I allowed myself to be roped into the 20k calorie burn challenge which I've now thrown myself into. Excluding the anaerobic stuff I've done 3250 since Sunday afternoon and am knackered and aching (exactly what I wanted to avoid) but definitely feeling holier than thou. I know it's not a lot for a youngster but I can't run any distance these days so it's spinning and body combat classes for me. Aerobic classes are great for those with the attention span of a goldfish like me as you get carried along with the group momentum. So if you're struggling with gym motivation may I recommend signing up for a few classes e.g. Les Mills and complement them with fitness Pilates or Yoga to develop flexibility and balance.
And the key rule is to ignore what anyone else is doing or saying whether it's young lads hogging the equipment whilst spending most of their time texting, wrinkly cliques who all have "their space" or large groups of women who aren't use to having males in their Yoga class - it's your workout and you've paid for it.

51The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 14:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good luck Johnny.
For myself, I think I will have to do something, but I cant start until I've got rid of (eaten), all the biscuits and stuff we got for Christmas. There's still quite a bit left. Although I have started, by parking the car an extra 5 feet from the door, (you can't rush into these things).
I've found in the past that portion sizes are the first thing to tackle, and trying to reduce salt, sugar, and fat.
I'm great at doing this during the day, however, everything goes to rat shit after tea and I'm in and out of the kitchen nearly all night. I also find that before I can try anything, I have to work my way into the right mental state, and no matter how much I want to, if I have, (or had), any exercises to do, it was always worthwhile having someone to do it with, and then you are more likely not to cancel for minor reasons.

52The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 14:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:My mate went on a cabbage soup diet,and the pounds dropped off.

The Minnesota diet really works a treat if you stick at it and is as effective as Atkins but better for your digestive system. Originally it was developed for hospital patients whose weight put them at risk under anaesthetic.

As I recall it includes celery, cabbage, tomatoes (surprisingly) green peppers and other veg with little or no calorific value and it's OK to flavour the soups with e.g. curry spices or herbs to provide some variety in what is perhaps the most boring diet of all time other than water.

53The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 14:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just be careful.

54The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 15:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

oops

55The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 15:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I often go between 9-11am and the biggest problem is the grey mafia who hog everything, turn the music down, and wear revealing clothes an 18 year old would declare unsuitable.
As part of the pre-Xmas celebrations the silver-haired ladies in the fitness Pilates class turned up in spandex, leg warmers and headbands - the full 80's "Jane Fonda" look and I'd forgotten how unappealing it was - especially the spangly V crotch tight body suits thingies which were even more wrong on a bunch of 60 and 70 year old ladies.
Oh how we laughed...

56The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 15:34

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

How heavy are you Y2, do you eat alot of pies and fizzy drinks.

57The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 16:07

wanderlust wrote:I used to own a gym back in the day and I'm a gym regular but don't want to do anything drastic just because it's New Year. However, I did put on a couple of kilos over Xmas and lost my 6 pack in a newly formed tyre as a result of which I allowed myself to be roped into the 20k calorie burn challenge which I've now thrown myself into. Excluding the anaerobic stuff I've done 3250 since Sunday afternoon and am knackered and aching (exactly what I wanted to avoid) but definitely feeling holier than thou. I know it's not a lot for a youngster but I can't run any distance these days so it's spinning and body combat classes for me. Aerobic classes are great for those with the attention span of a goldfish like me as you get carried along with the group momentum. So if you're struggling with gym motivation may I recommend signing up for a few classes e.g. Les Mills and complement them with fitness Pilates or Yoga to develop flexibility and balance.
And the key rule is to ignore what anyone else is doing or saying whether it's young lads hogging the equipment whilst spending most of their time texting, wrinkly cliques who all have "their space" or large groups of women who aren't use to having males in their Yoga class - it's your workout and you've paid for it.

Cheers lusty.

I hate all the new year new me bollocks but mentally i am ready to get my arse into gear

58The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 16:10

gloswhite wrote:Good luck Johnny.
For myself, I think I will have to do something, but I cant start until I've got rid of (eaten), all the biscuits and stuff we got for Christmas. There's still quite a bit left. Although I have started, by parking the car an extra 5 feet from the door, (you can't rush into these things).
I've found in the past that portion sizes are the first thing to tackle, and trying to reduce salt, sugar, and fat.
I'm great at doing this during the day, however, everything goes to rat shit after tea and I'm in and out of the kitchen nearly all night. I also find that before I can try anything, I have to work my way into the right mental state, and no matter how much I want to, if I have, (or had), any exercises to do, it was always worthwhile having someone to do it with, and then you are more likely not to cancel for minor reasons.

Thanks glos. I prefer being a billy doing it as i can work at my own pace and don't feel the need to over do it.

Actually excited about it like i was the last time i really got into it. Smile

59The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 16:11

boltonbonce wrote:Just be careful.

Smile

60The official fit club 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Tue Jan 05 2016, 16:15

Mr Magoo wrote:How heavy are you Y2, do you eat alot of pies and fizzy drinks.

Well to be honest magoo i have just been to be weighed properly instead of on the rickety scales we had in the spare bedroom. They said they are very accurate (not the spare room ones) and im 30lbs less than i first thought. (Thank god) its still not great reading but 19 stone dead is a lot better than 21stone2.

I was very very depressed last night and now i feel a bit better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum