Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official fit club 2016

+17
luckyPeterpiper
Banks of the Croal
Bollotom2014
gloswhite
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
Bolton Nuts
karlypants
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Mr Magoo
Chairmanda
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

201The official fit club 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Wed Mar 30 2016, 22:16

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Banks of the Croal wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:I play walking football on a Thursday night, trouble is everyone else plays normal football.
What the frig is walking football 

It's mostly for us who are getting on a bit, over 50's/60's.

Like 5 a side but you are not allowed to run, which is hard when you first start playing.
Kp saw you bent over and immediately wanted to join up. Keep your distance banksy, at all costs!  Very Happy

202The official fit club 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Wed Mar 30 2016, 22:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:I play walking football on a Thursday night, trouble is everyone else plays normal football.

Like 5 a side but you are not allowed to run, which is hard when you first start playing.
Do you not eventually do a bit of running once you have built up some stamina or is it constant walking?

203The official fit club 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Wed Mar 30 2016, 22:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Kp saw you bent over and immediately wanted to join up. Keep your distance banksy, at all costs!  Very Happy
Piss off. Very Happy

204The official fit club 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Wed Mar 30 2016, 22:20

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bwfc1958 wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Don't worry I still know how to run when I have to  Very Happy

205The official fit club 2016 - Page 11 Empty Re: The official fit club 2016 Thu Mar 31 2016, 11:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After the best part of a month with no exercise, going out for restaurant meals twice a day and attempting to drink South Africa dry, a lot more of me came back from holiday than went.
I was due a blood test anyway and my cholesterol had risen to 6.2 so the doc immediately upped my statins and I realised I'd let things slip too far.
I hit the scales for the first time in years and topped 15 stone which for me is over 2 stones overweight. I now have a "tyre" with fat around my lower back.

Last week I started to diet - a variation of Atkins/Dukan - so zero carbs and remove any obvious fat from the food (can still get into ketosis without the superficial fat) and I've been hitting the gym daily.

All good up to the weekend - lost 8 lbs in 5 days. Then we had friends round at Easter and these particular friends enjoy a drink so on Saturday 3 of us polished off 7 bottles of wine (the others were already on prosecco, beer and spirits) and I surrendered to a giant Toblerone. Net result? Put 3lb back on basically in a day AND went out of ketosis.

Back on it Tuesday and I'm back on track now, but still have to get rid of another stone and a half.

Love this diet, but can't eat bacon and eggs for breakfast every day and chicken every night so when I drop another half stone I'll be looking to start to reintroduce a few more vegetables to the diet.

But this is the first time in donkey's that I've been worried enough to use the scales - and I probably will do daily until I get back under 13 stone. 

Anybody else not bother with weighing themselves regularly? And do you crash diet and go mental at the gym if it starts to get out of hand?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum