Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cricket

+14
Bread2.0
whatsgoingon
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Bwfc1958
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
Hip Priest
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
okocha
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Cricket Empty Cricket Sun Jan 03 2016, 11:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Anybody else watching Ben Stokes demolish the South Africans?

Amazing stuff!

2Cricket Empty Woe to wow! Sun Jan 03 2016, 12:01

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Time to put aside our dejection over BWFC for just a little while and rejoice in the most electrifying morning of Test Cricket (by England in Cape Town). I'd almost forgotten how it feels to be proud of a team I support:

Stokes: second fastest double hundred in test history and fastest ever by an Englishman. Most runs scored in a single session ever!

Awesome stuff. I hope some of you were watching history being made!

Bonce: you'll need to adjust your Owzat game to reflect a new reality!

3Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Sun Jan 03 2016, 12:22

Great innings but a stupid way to give your wicket away

4Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Sun Jan 03 2016, 12:25

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy: I've just posted the same thing on the BW Banter page. Not sure whether I beat you to it or not but it bears repeating in any case. So many records broken and magnificent sporting viewing!

5Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Sun Jan 03 2016, 12:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Shame.

I think he was completely cream crackered in the end though.

Fantastic innings - extremely well done and thoroughly entertaining.

6Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Sun Jan 03 2016, 12:30

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Declared on 629-6 with Bairstow getting 150 as well! Whatever they had for breakfast this morning get it in the Macron canteen pronto!

7Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Sun Jan 03 2016, 12:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Have you moved my post over to this page, Sluffy........or am I going mad?

Surely time to declare. Moeen in a no-win situation. Also got to feel for Taylor, out first ball.....

8Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Sun Jan 03 2016, 12:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes mate I merged them.

The merge function lists them in 'time' order, so I didn't try to steal your thunder or anything - just that we had the same thought about the same time - but I got in first this time.

Looks to me that Cook fancies his chances of getting amongst the wickets whilst the South African heads are down - otherwise he should have batted on - whilst Bairstow had his eye in - and easily got over 700 runs.

Ball now in South Africa's court to bat solidly for the next two days.

9Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Sun Jan 03 2016, 12:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The plan worked!

South Africa lose their first wicket already.

10Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Sun Jan 03 2016, 12:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:

I'll have you know that King Herod scored 596 in a 'Biblical Characters' v 'Celebrity Chef' match last year.
It beat the previous record,set by H.G.Wells,by 33 runs.

11Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Sun Jan 03 2016, 13:00

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:
okocha wrote:

I'll have you know that King Herod scored 596 in a 'Biblical Characters' v 'Celebrity Chef' match last year.
But HG Wells got his runs in minus 35 minutes Smile

12Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Sun Jan 03 2016, 22:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Smile

13Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Mon Jan 04 2016, 01:39

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Terrific stuff from Stokes and Bairstow. Not many things in the sporting arena make you proud to be English these days but today in Cape Town did. Records tumbling all over the place as we absolutely trashed the world no.1 cricketing nation in their own back yard. Stokes will get all the headlines obviously, but I was so chuffed for Johnny Bairstow when he scored his 1st ever test century.His celebration, when he screamed at the sky with tears in his eyes(in tribute to his father,also a wicketkeeper for Yorkshire and England who committed suicide at the tragically young age of 47) had me blubbing like a baby.

14Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Mon Jan 04 2016, 05:04

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
okocha wrote:

But HG Wells got his runs in minus 35 minutes Smile

But he was playing next week.
Could be a great test as long as we keep the Sarfies under the cosh.

15Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Mon Jan 04 2016, 14:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had a bit of a row with my son about the declaration. My view was that it's an easy batting wicket so England should have carried on for as long as possible whilst they were scoring freely and tried to post 8 or 900 and trash the pitch in the process. His view was that our bowlers are better and so we should declare and get stuck into them. 
He was crowing a bit when SA lost the early wicket but he's reconsidering his position now.

Unless something dramatic happens this test may well end up as a draw - despite the self-congratulatory nonsense written prematurely by the English media.

16Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Mon Jan 04 2016, 15:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I thought the same - build up a massive first innings lead (or throw the bat for quick runs whilst Bairstow had his eye in and we had other decent strikers of the ball to bat).

I think the thinking however was in two parts - strike whilst their heads were down (the quick wicket seemed to back that up) but also it seems to be bloody hot in the middle and bowling out the South Africans twice in succession would seem to be a big ask for the bowlers without some sort of a rest.

Fair play to Amla for his return to batting form so far though.

17Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Tue Jan 05 2016, 15:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I was right. South Africa have now declared and are going to have a go at winning the match.

Hopefully next time the pundits will STFU until BOTH sides have batted on the wicket!

18Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Tue Jan 05 2016, 16:32

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How is this even possible?? 

"An Indian teenager scored more than 1,000 runs in a single innings to set a new world record in school cricket.
Fifteen-year-old Pranav Dhanawade broke the previous record of 628 set by Arthur Collins in 1899 on Monday.
But he continued his innings in the HT Bhandari Cup inter-school tournament and reached 1,009 runs.
He smashed 59 sixes and 127 fours in 395 minutes before his KC Gandhi School declared the innings at 1,465 against Arya Gurukul School on Tuesday"

19Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Tue Jan 05 2016, 17:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:How is this even possible?? 

"An Indian teenager scored more than 1,000 runs in a single innings to set a new world record in school cricket.
Fifteen-year-old Pranav Dhanawade broke the previous record of 628 set by Arthur Collins in 1899 on Monday.
But he continued his innings in the HT Bhandari Cup inter-school tournament and reached 1,009 runs.
He smashed 59 sixes and 127 fours in 395 minutes before his KC Gandhi School declared the innings at 1,465 against Arya Gurukul School on Tuesday"

I saw him on the news today. It's all legit apparently.

20Cricket Empty Re: Cricket Tue Jan 05 2016, 17:53

So he was scoring runs at roughly 150 a hour. Where they bowling underarm with a tennis ball?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum