Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So what do Nuts members think of having a ST?

+4
Hipster_Nebula
Bollotom2014
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

What do we think about the ST?

So what do Nuts members think of having a ST? Vote_lcap7%So what do Nuts members think of having a ST? Vote_rcap 7% [ 2 ]
So what do Nuts members think of having a ST? Vote_lcap26%So what do Nuts members think of having a ST? Vote_rcap 26% [ 7 ]
So what do Nuts members think of having a ST? Vote_lcap11%So what do Nuts members think of having a ST? Vote_rcap 11% [ 3 ]
So what do Nuts members think of having a ST? Vote_lcap19%So what do Nuts members think of having a ST? Vote_rcap 19% [ 5 ]
So what do Nuts members think of having a ST? Vote_lcap37%So what do Nuts members think of having a ST? Vote_rcap 37% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 27

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ok now we are definitely moving forwards towards establishing an ST what do we think about it and hope it will achieve?

No ulterior motive for the poll - just seeing what the silent majority is on here may think now that our initial views have been aired on Nuts and the first public meeting has been held.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven't really taken any notice of it if I'm honest. I don't have a clue who's involved, what the plan is or what they can realistically achieve.

I'm assuming it's not much

It may have been a decent idea a couple of years ago but then again, I'm not sure anybody at Bolton would have listened to them or taken them seriously anyway.

It's too late now though and it all seems a bit pointless to me.

And I think our current crisis is being exploited by a few power-hungry individuals who want to get their faces on't telly and feel important.

Peacock's apparently got serious political ambitions and spends most of his time in London now interning for Yasmin Quereshi after he lost his council seat to a Tory bloke in a frock, so I question his motivation - this is something that he thinks will look good on his CV probably and not a lot else.

And we simply don't know who the others are.

You wouldn't go into a polling booth and vote for a mystery candidate whose name you didn't even know would you, so why's this any different?

Just a shame that so many people appear happy to rush into it without questioning the fundamentals for me.

But to use one of your favourite phrases, Sluff - you get what you deserve and if the majority of Bolton fans are happy to endorse this lot without even knowing who they are and it all goes tits up, they've only got themselves to blame.

Breadman wrote:It may have been a decent idea a couple of years ago but then again, I'm not sure anybody at Bolton would have listened to them or taken them seriously anyway.

It's too late now though and it all seems a bit pointless to me.

And I think our current crisis is being exploited by a few power-hungry individuals who want to get their faces on't telly and feel important.

Peacock's apparently got serious political ambitions and spends most of his time in London now interning for Yasmin Quereshi after he lost his council seat to a Tory bloke in a frock, so I question his motivation - this is something that he thinks will look good on his CV probably and not a lot else.

And we simply don't know who the others are.

You wouldn't go into a polling booth and vote for a mystery candidate whose name you didn't even know would you, so why's this any different?

Just a shame that so many people appear happy to rush into it without questioning the fundamentals for me.

But to use one of your favourite phrases, Sluff - you get what you deserve and if the majority of Bolton fans are happy to endorse this lot without even knowing who they are and it all goes tits up, they've only got themselves to blame.
^this

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What will any ST do if the owners/board tell them to take a hike? It's not as if you want to save the club by boycotting it. I doubt anything can be done. It may well be a good thing if we go down to the bottom of the leagues but as it stands we already have a supporters group and a fanzone.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tin pot, simple as that.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't know any of the personalities involved, so went for the 'clutching at straws' option

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

there is a lot of negativity on here about the ST but anyone who has read my posts over the last few days knows i think it's a good idea.

I don't think for one minute they will end up running the club but if they can get some influence with the new owner and board then surely that's a good thing?

If it comes to pass that crispy and his mates are just in it for themselves then we all need to register and become a member and make our feelings known and demand a change.

I went for option 2 by the way, really, what harm can it do?

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Norpig wrote:there is a lot of negativity on here about the ST but anyone who has read my posts over the last few days knows i think it's a good idea.

I don't think for one minute they will end up running the club but if they can get some influence with the new owner and board then surely that's a good thing?

If it comes to pass that crispy and his mates are just in it for themselves then we all need to register and become a member and make our feelings known and demand a change.

Can I just point out that BWFC have been talking to supporters. There is/was a committee working with supporters and getting views on BWFC certainly up to a few months ago.

Also Phil Gartside always said that Eddie and himself are "supporters too". It's being made out that ED and Phil only interested in the business side of things, when in fact the truth probably is they made emotional, rather than rational decisions.

I'm all for fans having a say, but I'd rather see someone who has business expertise running the club, along with money to invest. Right now we ain't got two pennies to rub together

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm well and truly out after the meeting. Why was Trevor Birch there but not allowed to speak? Why did they first say the room was donated to them then send a bucket round for money to pay for it? These people are already tripping up over their own incompetence and lies. I know I sound harsh but in principle I would love to see an effective independent Supporter's Trust that had a real say and/or seat on the board to work in tandem with the club but that's not what these people are. 

To run a multi-million pound business, to even understand the complexities of doing so requires a level of expertise that none of them have and that's not a criticism of them because I freely admit I don't either. My problem with the ST as it currently stands is the Trust itself does not seem to know what it wants from one day to the next. And while I appreciate that it may be premature to write them off completely the cavalier way they've brushed off questions about promises they have already broken really doesn't make me feel confident that they are the way forward in any form.

If a Supporter's Trust bid was ever going to be a serious proposition then that approach needed to start months ago with due diligence of the books being performed by people who could understand them and had the funds to make a serious bid. Portsmouth have shown a Supporter's Trust can work but only to a limited degree and at a low level. If we bought the club in similar fashion I suspect we could only serve as temporary guardians to stabilise the finances and infrastructure (which would cost a lot more than the three million or so Portsmouth fans raised to but Pompey) and make it an attractive proposition for a real owner to take over later. However given the size of the debts even without Eddie's 160+ million and the fact we need 15 million just to get to the end of this season I don't see any way for an ST to be effective at all. And those who say the ST didn't mention a takeover need to read what they actually said on that subject. Sluffy kindly posted quite a few extracts from the meeting on another thread.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:there is a lot of negativity on here about the ST but anyone who has read my posts over the last few days knows i think it's a good idea.

Just for clarification I honestly didn't start the poll with a hidden agenda in mind.

My thinking was we all are probably aware by now of most people's ( who have stated an opinion on the matter over the last week or so) view point and I simply wondered if that was reflected or not by the many people who read Nuts but do not post (or only seldomly).

There is no catch, the poll is not scientific, just a straw poll to gauge what people think.

There is no right or wrong answer - merely an opinion being expressed.

Thank you to everyone who has already (or will be) voting.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bump - but also to let people know that Iles is doing a Q and A on the ST tonight -

I'll be doing a live Q&A session with the @BWFCST tonight from 8.30pm on the BN website. Asking for questions later using hashtag #bwfcst

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum