Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Board members

+3
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Board members Empty Board members Fri Mar 14 2014, 21:05

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was just wondering how many are actual Bolton fans and/or whether they were born local?

Gartside
Warburton
Massey
Cooper
Gee

2Board members Empty Re: Board members Fri Mar 14 2014, 21:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why were you wondering?

3Board members Empty Re: Board members Fri Mar 14 2014, 21:15

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've only heard of Gartside and Warburton's bread.

4Board members Empty Re: Board members Fri Mar 14 2014, 21:15

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was wondering if they could find a use for a part time Bolton fan who has been Preston Business Woman of the year (two years running).

5Board members Empty Re: Board members Fri Mar 14 2014, 22:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Could be anybody on the board as far as Bolton is concerned because, Davies owns 95%+ of the clubs shares, the shareholders appoint the board and Chairman, the shareholders can dismiss the board and Chairman.

Therefore what Davies says - goes.

Simple as that really.

Gartside is from Leigh I believe and Warburton is part of the (Bolton based bread making) dynesty that have been on the board for decades.

Don't know about the other three so I did a bit of digging -

Anthony Massey

Seems to be the Finance Director and apparently went to college in Wigan and Leigh -

Current Finance Director at Burnden Leisure/ Bolton Wanderers
Past Financial Controller at Bolton Wanderers Football and Athletic Company Ltd
Financial Controller at Genesis Communications
Finance Analyst at DSG International
Education The University of Salford
Wigan & Leigh College
St Mary's RC Sixth Form College

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bradley Cooper

Apparently shown as from Leeds?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Current Chief Operating Officer at Bolton Wanderers Football Club
Membership Assessor at CIMA
Past Finance Director at Grand Central Rail
Hon President - West Yorkshire at CIMA
Finance Director at Evans Easyspace Ltd
Group Management Accountant at Evans Property Group Business Analyst at Stanley Tools see less

see all
Education Sheffield Hallam University
Connections 248 connections
WebsitesBWFC Corporate Hospitality
BWFC Matchday Tickets
Bolton Whites Hotel & Events

Richard Gee

Seems to be on the board to get planning permission for the big development around the Reebok - don't know if he as Bolton connections before this though? -

Richards Chartered Surveyors is a privately owned firm of chartered surveyors and commercial property consultants based in Covent Garden, London. The Company was founded in 1995 by Richard Braysher and Richard Gee.

Richards Chartered Surveyors is a private practice with a vast wealth of knowledge and expertise in all forms of property consultancy including, retail, industrial, offices, leisure and residential throughout the UK.

Richards Chartered Surveyors with its unique branding and high levels of personal service has gained the confidence of numerous institutions, property companies, developers and retailers who have retained our services repeatedly to seek advice on a wide range of property issues.

Recent Projects include:

Caterham - Tesco
Wigan - Tesco Extra
Sutton - Tesco Extra, Big Yellow Self Storage, Selco Builders Merchants
Sutton - McDonalds Drive Thru
Chiswick - Halfords
Raynes Park - Waitrose
Basingstoke - Dominos
Wembley Stadium
Bolton - Reebok Stadium & Football Academy
Cardiff - Cardiff City Football Stadium

Sluffy - with too much time on his hands!

6Board members Empty Re: Board members Fri Mar 14 2014, 22:59

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy, if you're not that busy, could you find out who used to own us in the past, say back to the 60s  Very Happy  

Only names I can think of, before Eddie are the Warburtons? and Hargreaves?

7Board members Empty Re: Board members Fri Mar 14 2014, 23:04

Bradley Cooper looked a lot fitter in that A-Team film.

Maybe he's got a hangover.......

See what I did there?

(Sorry to trivialise your thread, Sluff.)

8Board members Empty Re: Board members Fri Mar 14 2014, 23:08

...and by the way, my Linkedin profile is 90% made up (nobody ever checks), so I think he's a liar who probably used to pack Stanley Tools in boxes for sales on Ebay, rather than doing their accounts.

9Board members Empty Re: Board members Fri Mar 14 2014, 23:24

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Good stuff Sluffy, cheers.

I must say that I find it staggering that Bolton fans (well maybe just the ones on here?) don't know who or much about the people who are on the board.

Sadly as we all know, football is now a business and you have businessmen on the board but they don't seem to be doing very well at it?

Surely there should be two or three on the board who are solely passionate about Bolton Wanderers FC, who can bring something to the table other than just money.

If FFP ever gets off the ground properly then you would want proper Bolton fans involved as well as the businessmen?

10Board members Empty Re: Board members Sat Mar 15 2014, 09:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think were most of us go wrong is that we believe we have some 'ownership' of our football team and that somehow we are entitled to a say in how it is run - in Bolton's and many other clubs - particularly those in the top divisions - we don't.

Many clubs, including Bolton, are privately owned multi-million pound businesses, run by people whose private agenda is to make money - and not necessarily out of playing football.

These owners are multi-millionaires themselves and surround themselves with people they have made their wealth with, so they don't need any advice from the average fan off the terraces.

A second mistake that most people make - particularly at the Premier League end of the football world is that the fans count - as they are the clubs customers - we are not.  

The income derived from Sky is so vast is that it dwarfs the fans money for season tickets, on day match enterance, sales of shirts, programmes, etc, etc - so much so that it renders the fans income stream to all most meaningless.  Yes this does change when the club falls out of the top tier, when the fans income then becomes more significant again but the damage as been done by then - which amongst us knows how to manage a £175 million debt?

Of course the club pays lip service to the fans - they attened the Supporters Association meetings and have fan user group working partys - but that is just more a PR exercise and tinkering about at the edges rather than having a say on the clubs policy formulation and direction.

Most people would never consider telling Tesco, BP or your local pub or favourite takeaway how to run their business - yet we all spend considerably more (and more frequently) on food, transport and other entertainment, than we ever do at the football club - so why then think we have more of a right to TELL the club what to do?

It is an emotional and irrational desire to do so if you think about it coldly but then again football is the only venue where men do act emotionally and irrationally - do you see grown men crying or leaping about singing and dancing anywhere else apart from football (or othersport related) events?

It's almost as though ot is the only time we allow our emotions to rule us, like womens seem to rule them.

Is it any wonder then that the most influential persona on this board is that of a 'womans' - Natasha!

11Board members Empty Re: Board members Sat Mar 15 2014, 10:59

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:I think were most of us go wrong is that we believe we have some 'ownership' of our football team and that somehow we are entitled to a say in how it is run - in Bolton's and many other clubs - particularly those in the top divisions - we don't.

Many clubs, including Bolton, are privately owned multi-million pound businesses, run by people whose private agenda is to make money - and not necessarily out of playing football.

These owners are multi-millionaires themselves and surround themselves with people they have made their wealth with, so they don't need any advice from the average fan off the terraces.

A second mistake that most people make - particularly at the Premier League end of the football world is that the fans count - as they are the clubs customers - we are not.  

The income derived from Sky is so vast is that it dwarfs the fans money for season tickets, on day match enterance, sales of shirts, programmes, etc, etc - so much so that it renders the fans income stream to all most meaningless.  Yes this does change when the club falls out of the top tier, when the fans income then becomes more significant again but the damage as been done by then - which amongst us knows how to manage a £175 million debt?

Of course the club pays lip service to the fans - they attened the Supporters Association meetings and have fan user group working partys - but that is just more a PR exercise and tinkering about at the edges rather than having a say on the clubs policy formulation and direction.

Most people would never consider telling Tesco, BP or your local pub or favourite takeaway how to run their business - yet we all spend considerably more (and more frequently) on food, transport and other entertainment, than we ever do at the football club - so why then think we have more of a right to TELL the club what to do?

It is an emotional and irrational desire to do so if you think about it coldly but then again football is the only venue where men do act emotionally and irrationally - do you see grown men crying or leaping about singing and dancing anywhere else apart from football (or othersport related) events?

It's almost as though ot is the only time we allow our emotions to rule us, like womens seem to rule them.

Is it any wonder then that the most influential persona on this board is that of a 'womans' - Natasha!

But Sluffy I think its great that my investment in the club is mainly emotional. As you point out- many of those who own clubs want them as toys or to make money and that reduces them to irrelevance in the eyes of the fans. If Wanderers got relegated this season, all those fat cats parasiting on the club would see their financial investments and earnings potential plummet. They might lose a packet.
Me? What would I lose? Mainly my temper for a few days. I'd be a bit fed up. But that's it.
Give it a week and I'd perk up again thinking that we'll walk the league next year.
To be honest I couldn't give a toss about Gartside and how much he makes. He's a snub nosed short arse who was quite successful initially ( thanks to BSA,) but his track record since then has been dismal failure. He's probably lost a few bob as well.
I've not- when we win, I'm happy. When we lose I'm not. They don't make much out of me- the players with their ridiculous wages do that- but the Board members don't. If they do, they make it from Sky, not me. When they've resigned and become just a set of bad memories- I'll still be investing in BWFC emotionally and that's something they can't interfere with. There's no return to them from that- but there is a big return to me.

12Board members Empty Re: Board members Sat Mar 15 2014, 11:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's not the emotional involvement from fans I'm highlighting per se but the irrational view because of it that some fans - indeed many fans - falsely believe they have a say in how the club should be run!

Some fans eat, sleep and breath Bolton Wanderers (or whatever club they follow) - why for God's sake - it's only a game - a hoby at best.

As for the owner making money on the back of the football results - I tend to think it is us who are looking at things too small. My logic tells me that people don't spend a lifetime earning millions just to allow other people - Gartside - to piss it away. No, theres a bigger picture to all of this and ownership of BWFC is a means to an end.

13Board members Empty Re: Board members Sat Mar 15 2014, 11:56

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

warbies need to fuck off.
money leaching twats that family.
they have a box at old Trafford, scum bastards.

14Board members Empty Re: Board members Sat Mar 15 2014, 21:31

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Was talking to my mate about previuos owners.
 He mentioned somebody called Banks.

The name rang a bell, I'm sure he was a builder and was connected with us 60s/70s ?

15Board members Empty Re: Board members Sat Mar 15 2014, 22:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ok, this is the best I can do - working from the current board and chairman working backwards.

Note - I may have missed a few out but these are the only ones I could track down and know about.

Phil Gartside succeeded Gordon Hargreaves who quit the post in October 1999 (three weeks after the resignation of Colin Todd)

Hargreaves had succeeded the late Sam Jones in January, 1991

Barry Chaytow was the chairman in 1988 when we got out of the fourth division and quit in February 1989 when he was out voted over the proposed sacking of Phil Neal - Chaytow wanted Neal out, the board backed Neal instead

As many people will know, Nat worked tirelessly in the early 1980s when our former Chairman, the late Terry Edge, introduced the Lifeline scheme. Nat appealed to the people of Bolton to help to save Bolton Wanderers Football Club at what was a very difficult time financially

BRIAN Turnbull, who served on the Bolton and Manchester City boards in the 1980s, has died in the Isle of Man after an illness.

A millionaire property developer, he took over the duties of managing director and chief executive at Bolton when Derrick Warburton stood down in March 1981.

He also became Bolton's vice-chairman and was the club's biggest single shareholder with 27 per cent but left the club within a year when directors vetoed his scheme to raise cash on a shares deal.

Then he became a director at City, putting £100,000 into the club.

George Warburton, who was married to Maureen, was Wanderers chairman for eight years in the 1970s and 1980s. His son Brett is the current vice-chairman.

Also Des McBain was a Director at Bolton Wanderers. He joined the club as Secretary 32 years ago before later moving to occupy the position of Chief Executive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum