Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next manager odds

+35
King Bill
whatsgoingon
Barryjw
JAH
Lard Lad
Sluffy
rogercpc
xmiles
Cajunboy
NickFazer
FullofSprite
Copper Dragon
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
finlaymcdanger
terenceanne
Alf Hooker
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
Diadora
gloswhite
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Soul Kitchen
Bollotom2014
karlypants
rammywhite
Norpig
Boggersbelief
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 36 ... 48  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 48]

461Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 19:39

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Di Canio is another Lennon. Hot headed, No plan B, tactically redundant

462Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 19:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Di Canio is another Lennon. Hot headed, No plan B, tactically redundant

You might be right, but he did a good job at Swindon on a tight budget.

And I think discipline would be better under Di Canio.

463Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 19:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should take a huge risk and appoint Bergsson

464Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 20:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

deano bitten off more than he can chew.

465Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 20:09

Hipster_Nebula wrote:deano bitten off more than he can chew.

Deano's poorly at the moment, bless....

Shall we have a whip round for some flowers and a card?

466Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 20:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is he gravely ill?

467Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 20:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:deano bitten off more than he can chew.

Deano's poorly at the moment, bless....

Shall we have a whip round for some flowers and a card?

Yes "I have no idea what I'm doing" disease.

468Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 20:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Is he gravely ill?

Pretending to be

469Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 20:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Insensitive bastards.

470Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 20:44

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Yes, let's bring in a man who hasn't managed at this level for years - and has fucked up his last 3 clubs anyway.

Genius idea :facepalm:

Let's be honest, if he'd never gone to Reading and Sheff Utd, you'd be telling us he is exactly what we need. To be fair, everybody would, and there wouldn't be a cat in hell's chance of him coming to Bolton because he'd be on the radar of much bigger clubs.

But why do you suppose he's suddenly become a failure? Is it amnesia? Has he forgotten everything he knew when he got Scunthorpe into the Championship and took Soton from League One to the Prem? If so, what is the risk of the same happening to whoever we ultimately appoint, assuming they have a similarly good record at League One level as of now?

471Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 21:44

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Yes, let's bring in a man who hasn't managed at this level for years - and has fucked up his last 3 clubs anyway.

Genius idea :facepalm:

Let's be honest, if he'd never gone to Reading and Sheff Utd, you'd be telling us he is exactly what we need. To be fair, everybody would, and there wouldn't be a cat in hell's chance of him coming to Bolton because he'd be on the radar of much bigger clubs.

But why do you suppose he's suddenly become a failure? Is it amnesia? Has he forgotten everything he knew when he got Scunthorpe into the Championship and took Soton from League One to the Prem? If so, what is the risk of the same happening to whoever we ultimately appoint, assuming they have a similarly good record at League One level as of now?
In a rare event I agree with boggers and doffcocker at the same time. I think Adkins has a proven track record of success at this level. He might not cut it in the Premiership but we're not there and frankly it could be some time before we are again. Adkins has done well with tight budgets and small squads, taking unfashionable or financially troubled clubs up the pyramid not once but twice. I doubt that's a fluke and if he wanted this job I'd be glad to see him here.

472Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 21:58

Whether or not Adkins cut it in the premier league isn't the point, he left Southampton with his reputation the highest it's ever been. It's his work at Reading and Sheff Utd that has ruined him, their fans have very little good to say about him. 

Doesn't mean he's definitely a poor manager at all, I'm not convinced he'd do a job for us though.

473Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 22:11

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Whether or not Adkins cut it in the premier league isn't the point, he left Southampton with his reputation the highest it's ever been. It's his work at Reading and Sheff Utd that has ruined him, their fans have very little good to say about him. 

Doesn't mean he's definitely a poor manager at all, I'm not convinced he'd do a job for us though.
I can understand your doubts. Heck, I even share them to some extent but I think given where we are and his track record overall he'd be a solid pick. Perhaps not awe inspiring or miracle working but solid. His work at Scunthorpe was amazing given he'd never played professionally and took the job there largely because they couldn't afford a manager with experience or one they'd have to 'buy' from another club. Assuming he wanted the job I can see him getting us back into the Championship if not next summer then certainly the one after even if he has no money to play with. He's clearly got some decent man management skills at this level and we could do an awful lot worse imo.

Of course it's all speculation, the chances are he won't even apply to us or be invited to interview if he does but if he did wind up here I for one would be pretty satisfied with that. I don't think we're going to persuade Pep to change his mind or Jose to come to us while he waits for the call from Old Trafford do you?

But Adkins might be a genuinely realistic contender for the job AND want it.

474Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 22:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this thread just a procession of people getting sacked and immediately being linked to us?
It's just that Boris Johnson is apparently looking for a little stipend to supplement his career as MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip.

475Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Thu May 12 2016, 22:41

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Is this thread just a procession of people getting sacked and immediately being linked to us?
It's just that Boris Johnson is apparently looking for a little stipend to supplement his career as MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip.
No lusty, in fact I don't think Adkins will come to Bolton as I stated in my previous post. It was just a hypothetical discussion about him if he was to apply.

Unfortunately it seems hypotheses are all we have regarding the managerial vacancy at the moment and it could be a while before we can talk about anything factually with regard to the post.

476Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Fri May 13 2016, 12:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Is this thread just a procession of people getting sacked and immediately being linked to us?
No lusty, in fact I don't think Adkins will come to Bolton as I stated in my previous post. It was just a hypothetical discussion about him if he was to apply.

Unfortunately it seems hypotheses are all we have regarding the managerial vacancy at the moment and it could be a while before we can talk about anything factually with regard to the post.
What we can be fairly sure about is that Reidy has already been interviewed by Anderson and Deano and has said he wants the job.
We also know that he hasn't been given the job, at least not yet so that implies that they are not 100% convinced he's the right man.
But Reidy has to be in the box seat because he's shown some improvement in the team since he came in to help, knows the club, the town and the players.
Therefore there are two main possibilities: 
They don't want him and will keep on searching for the right person until they find them. (Just hedging in case it's a female chosen) Smile
Or they think he's the right guy but want him to work in partnership with another. 

If it's the latter, I don't think it will be JP as they could have announced that partnership weeks ago (although they may be nervous about the fans' reaction to that) 
However if I were a manager looking to lead the club, I may not be too chuffed at being told I'd have to work with Reidy as I'd want control over the decisions. Perhaps that is the problem ATM - finding someone who is prepared to effectively serve an apprenticeship as part of a succession planning exercise?

477Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Fri May 13 2016, 13:13

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

What we can be fairly sure about is that Reidy has already been interviewed by Anderson and Deano and has said he wants the job.
We also know that he hasn't been given the job, at least not yet so that implies that they are not 100% convinced he's the right man.
But Reidy has to be in the box seat because he's shown some improvement in the team since he came in to help, knows the club, the town and the players.
Therefore there are two main possibilities: 
They don't want him and will keep on searching for the right person until they find them. (Just hedging in case it's a female chosen) Smile
Or they think he's the right guy but want him to work in partnership with another. 

If it's the latter, I don't think it will be JP as they could have announced that partnership weeks ago (although they may be nervous about the fans' reaction to that) 
However if I were a manager looking to lead the club, I may not be too chuffed at being told I'd have to work with Reidy as I'd want control over the decisions. Perhaps that is the problem ATM - finding someone who is prepared to effectively serve an apprenticeship as part of a succession planning exercise?
I still think a Reid/Phillips partnership is the one we're most likely to get if only because it seems no one from outside really wants it. I think you're right about Ken and Dean being concerned about fan's reaction to that but in truth if that is the case then they're getting to the point where they need to just bite the bullet and do it already. The fans are by and large fed up with this ongoing uncertainty, especially with all the contradictory statements concerning the vacancy that have already come out.

I think many of us would simply be relieved the uncertainty was over and while a Reid/Phillips team up might not set the world abuzz with excitement it would at least be something concrete, a box ticked so we can move onto the next thing on the to-do list Ken and Dean face.

478Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Fri May 13 2016, 13:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I saw Phillips in Lidl this morning, where he bought two bottles of Cimarosa, which is Lidl's cheap range of wine.

Preparing for unemployment perhaps?

479Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Fri May 13 2016, 14:05

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Did he have his carer with him?

I hope he had a warm coat on and a woolly hat, that cold wind is not good for old folks.

480Next manager odds - Page 24 Empty Re: Next manager odds Fri May 13 2016, 19:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steve Evans What a Face

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 36 ... 48  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum