Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Wenger Get Sacked.

+4
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Should Wenger Get Sacked. Wed May 04 2016, 07:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Years of excuses, blah blah blah, an old man from Italy come in and nine months later wins the title with Leicester Laughing Arsenal must be one of the most boring teams to watch now in the prem, do the arsenal fans deserve someone better than Wenger?

Should he be put out of his misery and get the boot?

Or will he eventually get it right and win the league one day?

2Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Wed May 04 2016, 09:21

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think Wenger got lucky when he joined, he brought in Viera, Petite & Henry who turned into 3 of the best signings in the clubs history, BUT he inherited a defence that was the best in the PL by a mile so with his additions further forward he had a formidable team. But once that back four was disbanded he has shown since that he is incapable of finding defenders and building a back 4 worthy of champions. So I don't think that he is capable of building a title winning team demonstrated admirably this season where the other three members of the usual top 4 (United, Chelsea & City) have all massively underachieved and they still didn't get near the title.

3Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Wed May 04 2016, 10:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think next season will be his last as his contract expires in 2017. His record in qualifying for the Champions League is phenomenal. I wish we had him at Bolton.

4Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Wed May 04 2016, 10:07

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes but is finishing in the top 4, usually in 4th enough for a club with Arsenal's resources. With regards to having him at Bolton managing a team with their resources and managing a team with ours require very different skill sets and history proves that not many people have both.

5Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Wed May 04 2016, 10:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote: I wish we had him at Bolton.
I don't , just think of the millions he would've wasted on light weight players getting out muscled by average big players.

6Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Wed May 04 2016, 11:00

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Plus qualifying for the champions league was a minimum requirement for the club the size of Arsenal, that's like saying Spurs have never been relegated, trom the PL, all their Managers deserves credit.

7Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Wed May 04 2016, 12:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a great manager that's done some brilliant things for arsenal but change is needed sometimes, be it by sacking Wenger or spending big bucks on new players

8Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Wed May 04 2016, 12:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i agree with Boggers, his time has gone now and they won't win the league under him again. This season they should have nailed it but as usual they start off well then drop off after Christmas.

He has had money to spend but he is very reluctant to actually part with it for some reason.

Arsenal will miss him when he goes though, it will be similar to old red nose at OT, he has been there so long and is so entrenched in the club it will be a massive job for someone to take on.

9Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Tue May 17 2016, 11:16

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was reading about Martinez after he was sacked by Everton and one of the things they said was that his good first season was down to his attacking ideas going forward but he had the advantage of a solid defence left to him by his predecessor. But moving forward he was unable to organise a defence and that lead to his downfall.
I think exactly the same can be said of Wenger, when he was winning it was based on his attacking ideas but the foundations were probably the best back four the PL has ever seen, once that back four disbanded he has continuously failed to create a defence despite spending millions trying, and that is a big part of the reason they have failed to win anything for so long other than a couple of FA Cups.

10Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Tue May 17 2016, 16:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What "a club the size of Arsenal" forget is that Wenger played a key role in making them "a club the size of Arsenal".

Since he took over 20 years ago, they have never finished outside the top four apart from his first season when they were 5th. In the preceding 20 years they only managed 8 top four finishes.

He has stabilised and grown the club and they are in an incredible position financially and BWFC fans should know the value of that.

3 Premiership titles and 6 FA cups, regular European football, Community Shields etc - I really don't think Arsenal fans have anything to complain about seeing as they've been right royally entertained over his tenure.

Don't they remember the "boring, boring Arsenal" of the George Graham era? They should do if they are going to appreciate Thierry Henri and the raft of other exciting players Wenger brought in to play proper attacking football (albeit a little overdone at times).

I reckon Arsenal fans need to be careful what they wish for.

11Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Tue May 17 2016, 16:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think change is needed at Arsenal,but the man has earned the right to leave on his own terms.

12Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Tue May 17 2016, 16:30

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What Arsenal charge for tickets is daylight robbery, so the fans are right to question why the progress under Wenger has been so poor.

Just a word on Ranieri, obviously it's unbelievable what he's done at Leicester, but he's also failed with various other teams where the circumstances were more favourable. Just shows that picking a football manager is definitely not an exact science, and half of it comes down to pot luck.

13Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Tue May 17 2016, 18:09

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arsenal could be winning loads with the right man incharge.

14Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Tue May 17 2016, 18:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Diego Simone and Arsenal would be a perfect match.

15Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Tue May 17 2016, 18:44

Poor arsenal. Second in the league and champions league qualification for the upteenth year running. Not to mention all the money arsene has made them.  My heart bleeds

16Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Tue May 17 2016, 18:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As if the Arsenal fans give a fuck of how much Arsenal are making when they're getting robbed blind with how much they pay to watch them.

17Should Wenger Get Sacked. Empty Re: Should Wenger Get Sacked. Wed May 18 2016, 11:11

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I put a big part of Arsenal's development as a club down to David Dein who took them up a level and had the ambition to spend money when it was needed, since he left the whole club became far more conservative and as a result became happy with fourth place and Champions League quarter final every year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum