Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has Wenger lost the plot?

+4
waynagain
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Michael Bolton
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Has Wenger lost the plot? Wed Aug 21 2013, 00:56

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

After after a summer letting 27 players go and bringing in one player despite making it known they have plenty of cash, and then losing at home to Villa, he put a £10m bid in for Cabaye. Is this a panic bid just like when he signed Santos, Arteta, Mertesacker and the Korean striker? The thing is why Cabaye? They have players like him in Carzorla, Wilshere, Arteta and Rosicky. Why another midfielder like them? Surely Tiote would be more ideal. 
Wenger seems absolutely clueless. 

He also apparently said to a journalist that yes they have money but asked who was there to sign? Funny how spurs, psg, Monaco, Napoli, Real Madrid had no problems finding players they wanted. 

Wenger is infuriating, I think Arsenal need to get rid of him. 8 years without a trophy and he just seems to have lost it.

2Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Re: Has Wenger lost the plot? Wed Aug 21 2013, 06:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He needs to go imo, they need someone there who is not frightened to spend money.

If I bought an Arsenal  season ticket on the basis big players are coming in , and we've got all this money to spend 'like they've said', then I wouldn't be very happy if Cabaye was the big signing.

He needs to go (Wenger) if they're ever going to win the title again.

I bet the Arsenal fans love him.

Still time yet though to spend £ 150 Million.

3Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Re: Has Wenger lost the plot? Wed Aug 21 2013, 10:59

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Over the last 3 seasons he has lost it IMO, they have been crying out for 2 good defenders, a good goalkeeper and a world class striker for years but for some reason Wenger just doesn't want to spend.

If I was a season ticket holder there and knew how much the french frog had to spend I would be going fucking mental.

4Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Re: Has Wenger lost the plot? Wed Aug 21 2013, 12:47

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If he does get fired it won't be his fault - it never is. He's overated, if he's been manager of somewhere like Oldham or Ipswich he's have been fired long ago.

5Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Re: Has Wenger lost the plot? Wed Aug 21 2013, 12:55

He's just dreadful in the transfer market, totally indecisive and ever since David Dein has left he hasn't managed to push through the right transfers.

In many respects he's still class, given how poor their side is and how little he's spent to keep them in the top 4 is impressive, if there was ever a need for a Director of Football though it's here. Somebody to work alongside Wenger and actually get the players Arsenal need. Cabaye is a joke, they already have Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla who do the exact same job. They need a world class striker, centre back and defensive midfielder and that's minimum.

I really thought he'd spend this summer but he's left it far too late, I don't get what his problem is but Arsenal would probably be better off appointing somebody else who will get in the players he needs.

6Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Re: Has Wenger lost the plot? Wed Aug 21 2013, 13:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's not overrated you can't deny his ability to get top calibre talent for small prices, and his ability to nurture young players.

I just don't think the "modern" world of big money is up his street, the game may have passed him by.

7Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Re: Has Wenger lost the plot? Wed Aug 21 2013, 13:21

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He's a big cry baby. Complained a couple of years back that his players were being fouled too much when in fact his team led the league in red cards. He always notices if a call goes against his team, but one of his players could deliberately break somebody's leg and he'll say "I didn't see it". He's annoying to listen to and if I want to listen to somebody piss and moan all the time I could go and visit my ex-mother-in-law.

8Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Re: Has Wenger lost the plot? Wed Aug 21 2013, 13:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Which top calibre talents has he got for small prices? Didn't he splash out 8 million on oxlade..

Isn't their transfer record still the 17mill spent on Reyes...

9Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Re: Has Wenger lost the plot? Wed Aug 21 2013, 13:31

Boggersbelief wrote:Which top calibre talents has he got for small prices? Didn't he splash out 8 million on oxlade..

Ox will be an excellent player, but I really don't think Wenger's developing him correctly. He needs to be playing week in week out, loan him out if you can't guarantee that. 

He hasn't signed top quality since David Dein left, a lot of his buys have been horrendous over the past couple of years - Andre Santos, Mertesacker, Park.

Im not sure who's decided it but the pay parity system at Arsenal is ludicrous, they try and keep everyone earning a similar amount which leads to not breaking the bank for RVP but paying Chamakh £70,000 a week! It's madness.

10Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Re: Has Wenger lost the plot? Wed Aug 21 2013, 14:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Which top calibre talents has he got for small prices? Didn't he splash out 8 million on oxlade..

Anelka, Viera, Henry, Fabregas, RVP, Pires.

Just some off the top of my head but im sure there's loads more.

11Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Re: Has Wenger lost the plot? Wed Aug 21 2013, 14:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He signed those players before he lost the plot.

Now he wastes money on chamberlain, arteta, mertesacker, santos and giroud

12Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Re: Has Wenger lost the plot? Wed Aug 21 2013, 22:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Fair play to Arsenal tonight, I'm not well up on how good Fenerbache are but I didn't see Arsenal winning 3-0 there tonight.

13Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Re: Has Wenger lost the plot? Thu Aug 22 2013, 00:02

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hes a top top manager.

The media and Arsenal fans are idiots.

14Has Wenger lost the plot? Empty Re: Has Wenger lost the plot? Thu Aug 22 2013, 19:43

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lost the plot years ago, he inherited a team full of quality players that loved the club and played to win especially at the back, once they were gone he never replaced them. His dream of creating a squad of talented young players has failed, the fans are turning against him, would be surprised if he lasts this season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum