Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arsene Wenger Time to Go

+9
Jamster26
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
rammywhite
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
NickFazer
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 10:55

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No trophies for 8 seasons out of both cups to lower league opponents and struggling to qualify for the Champions League [ridiculous name for this competition]. Will Arsenals fans turn against Wenger and will the Board sack him?

2Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 11:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see it. Arsenal are a well run club who don't go into major debt to sign over-priced dickheads from abroad.

3Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 11:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see it happening either.

4Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:06

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can't see it happening either, but I can see why the fans want him out his trophy record since the champions league final against Barca is woeful.

5Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:07

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think he will be fired, but to slightly contradict Natasha, I honestly do not think they are being well run behind the scenes - yes, okay, they are not in massive debt, but they are in debt due to the lack of sales and lack of received funds from the flats they are trying to flog at the old Highbury stadium, and as a knock on effect they board are really not releasing funds to strenthen the squad properly - it seems all a bit like a plaster over a cut and temporary measures.

6Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:08

top manager top bloke. he once put my bike on the back of his 4x4 when my wheel fell off.

7Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:25

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've got a feeling that they won't have to tell him to go. He's a highly intelligent man (speaks 5 languages etc.) and can read the runes like anyone else. He'll sense that patience has run thin and will come to an amicable agreement where he will decide for himself that it's time to call it day.

He doesn't need the salary- he'd make a fortune as a pundit

8Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:44

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arsenal are the dearest football club to watch probably in the world, i bet the average fan spends a couple of thousand a season before getting a pint, league and cups.

They have coined it in through transfers, but not really replaced the Horse face of other stars.

So i bet his names shit on the terraces TBF ( Wenger).

I can't see them winning the league for along time coming, and TBF fuck them the robbing twats.

WENGER OUT! Razz

9Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Arsenal are the dearest football club to watch probably in the world, i bet the average fan spends a couple of thousand a season before getting a pint

It's expensive no doubt, but in terms of value for money, is it really more expensive than having watched Bolton over the last 18 months or so?

10Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 15:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It seems he has tried sticking to the same style of play which won them the league a few years back but he just simply hasn't replaced the quality he had with the likes of Viera and Henry.

11Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 16:45

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Arsenal are the dearest football club to watch probably in the world, i bet the average fan spends a couple of thousand a season before getting a pint

It's expensive no doubt, but in terms of value for money, is it really more expensive than having watched Bolton over the last 18 months or so?

Bolton season tickets are £285.

Arsenals. Are well over a Grand, plus you have to buy the cup games that are £50 quid a throw.

So it could cost you a couple of grand just for the home games. geek

12Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 16:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

Arsenals. Are well over a Grand, plus you have to buy the cup games that are £50 quid a throw.

Yeah, but some might say Arsenal fans are seeing 10 times the entertainment we are.

13Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 16:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Yeah, but some might say Arsenal fans are seeing 10 times the entertainment we are.

Very true.

14Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 16:58

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think he'll walk if they fail to qualify for the Champions League. Arsenal have slowly gone backwards over the last 3-4 seasons and Wengers refusal to spend big and get someone in to help with the defensive aspects of the game have now caught up with him.

15Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 20:54

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He has to go, he has become a joke. No trophies for 8 years! For Arsenal that is a disgrace. They shouldn't be a selling club but Wenger thinks he is playing football manager the computer game and wants to try and succeed by selling his best players and bringing through young talent. He still hasn't recognise it doesn't work.
Some of his signings in recent times are embarrassing. Squillaci , mertesacker, gervinho, chamakh, park, arteta, dos santos, etc.

I think it could get embarrassing in midweek at bayern, I reckon bayern will absolutely destroy them and show just how far arsenal have fallen.

16Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 21:00

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Can't see them getting rid of him. There's rumours of Real Madird wanting Wenger to replace Mourinho at the end of the season though, so maybe their hands will be forced.

17Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 21:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparantly, Wenger has been loyal to arsenal, it's a shame his players weren't like him, he says he's had offers of a number of clubs, i think they would of been top clubs too.

I think france was one, so if he was going, he'd of fucked off by now!

18Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Sun Feb 17 2013, 22:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Squillaci , mertesacker, gervinho, chamakh, park, arteta, dos santos, etc.

A bit harsh. He's bought plenty of good players for very little.

19Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Mon Feb 18 2013, 16:46

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:Squillaci , mertesacker, gervinho, chamakh, park, arteta, dos santos, etc.

A bit harsh. He's bought plenty of good players for very little.

Fair point, he did make a lot of money on players like Nasri, Adebayor, Fabregas, Van Persie, Toure, Clichy, Song, etc in recent years but there is a real lack of real quality in that team now, have they used all that money for this side? Spurs have a far better looking team than Arsenal now, how many of this arsenal team get in united or Chelsea's line up?
Wenger has lost the plot. Remember how much quality and how strong Arsenal were at their best - solid defence with Ashley cole, Campbell, Keown, Toure, Lauren, in midfield strength of Vieira, Gilberto and Petit, with class attacking players of Edu, Fabregas, Pires, Reyes, Ljungberg and players like Henry and Bergkamp up front. Now they look weak, no strong midfielders like s Keane or Vieira, unable to defend and a load of very average strikers.
They need David Moyes in, I think he is a terrific manager and would be fantastic to see what he can do with some cash.

20Arsene Wenger Time to Go Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Time to Go Mon Feb 18 2013, 16:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He can stay there forever for me. I quite like watching their consistent failure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum