Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arsene Wenger - should he leave Arsenal at the end of the season?

+5
wanderlust
Keegan
Norpig
doffcocker
Sluffy
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's looking as though Wenger will stay on for at least another year but is that a wise decision by him?

You can't really take away from him how crucial he has been in making Arsenal such a massive club during his tenure particularly whilst not having the money to buy the very best players whilst Arsenal built, moved in and paid for its current ground.

He's also not been one of those to pay over the odds for players.

He's been a victim of his own success because of this in that it probably has cost him and the club a number of titles over the years and thus, slowly, slowly, as got many of the club fans on his back these days.

Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United where the 'big four' clubs along with Arsenal for many years who could all guarantee themselves finishing at the top of the league table between them.  All of them have vastly outspent Wenger and all of them have gone on to change their managers and fall outside the top four positions - and thus Champion League places.

Maybe Wenger will come up short himself this year and maybe that should be a sign for him to leave now with his head held high.

But with his wonderful record should anybody begrudge him staying on for one more season - that probably won't end well for him or the club?

Sentiment wanted Ranieri to stay on with Leicester but results since seem to show it was the correct decision by the club - as unfeeling as it may seem.

So do you think Arsene should have another year with the gunners or should he call time on himself and retire gracefully away?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't know what's best for them long term. They might go on and piss the league without him, they might just fade into a sort of top 8 team. You can't blame Arsenal fans for wanting to give it a go.

They're understandably bored of him, I think the country as a whole is bored of hearing about him, I just can't understand why Wenger himself wouldn't be bored of it all by now.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just don't see Arsenal winning the title again with him in charge, he does produce teams playing beautiful football but thats not enough these days. His reluctance to spend money on real quality (other than Sanchez and Ozil) and to add a bit of steel in midfield will be his downfall.

If they had gone out and bought someone like Kante then they would have been much better off, go back to the days of Vieira, Petit and even Gilberto Silva, they added a bit of bite, Arsenal get overun too easily when the pressure is put on them and that's down to the Manager.

I've seen them in the flesh this season when i got free tickets to see them play City at the Etihad (leave it Boggers  Very Happy) and it was a perfect example of their problems, first half great football and went in winning 1-0 at half time and should have been more but second half City went at them and they couldn't handle it and lost 2-1

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Wenger should pack it in. He's past it and the players don't always seem to be playing for him.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he should leave now because barring a miracle, he isn't going to improve on his excellent record at Arsenal and the negative press would turn to positive if he left, plus he would have plenty of opportunities to consider. If he stays, I can only see his reputation being further damaged.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arsenal have been crap for years now, they have more ponces in their squad than we do. Madine would be a hard man in the Arsenal team.

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

As an admirer of spurs since i was a kid i think he should stay as long as he can.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Should have gone a couple of years ago IMO.
His record is excellent and to this day Arsenal still play excellent football for the most part. i.e. non hoof ball.
But I think Wenger can't recognize what's needed in his team to ever win the league again. They have not had a decent center forward for years......I believe Giroud just got a new contract to underline that point.
Of course they still have a very good team but if they have ideas about being world class .....can't see it at the moment.  Of course they do have Rob Holding from us...that's somat.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Hello,Mr Kroenke? My name's Owen Coyle..........Hello...Hello............Hello!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum