Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supporters' Trust could step forward to help fund Wanderers' Academy

+8
blasterbolton
Norpig
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Why shouldn't they stand?

Your making out that the Legends match was a snide ploy to curry favour and of win votes. For that to hold an ounce of believability it would need a member of the Steering Group to have put their name and face all over it, but nobody has, so your point has no evidence to support it.

If you care so much about the Supporters Trust nominate somebody.

Just seen your edited response. Not sure why you think I missed that part of your earlier post, it's the basis of both of my comments on this thread. If I hadn't read that there would be no comment.

And the only person taking a pop is you, at the SG, at every single opportunity. One of the founders was someone you don't like over the internet, get over it.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It was hosted, promoted and crowed about by the ST (which as it hasn't been constituted yet means the Steering Group) - but you knew that - we all knew that.

So arranging any community fundraiser is out of bounds in your opinion?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It is the Steering Groups actions I have issues with not one single person involved with it.

Up to you if you believe that or not.

Fwiw he stated at the beginning of the Steering Group days that he wouldn't be seeking election to the ST and I've heard nothing different from him since to say otherwise, so taking him at his word the Legends match would not effect him and my comments would be directly related to the others on the Steering Group going on to seek election and therefore my grouse with the ST simply could not be seen to be anything personal with him.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:So arranging any community fundraiser is out of bounds in your opinion?

We've done this before.

Look up the political meaning of the word purdah.

No laws are being broken and Purdah is irrelevant to a football clubs Supporters Trust. As you well know.

blasterbolton

David Ngog
David Ngog

Sluffy wrote:Hello and welcome Blaster.

The bottom line for me (and plenty others too not simply on Nuts) is that the Steering Group was set up to bring about the elections.

Yes they may have had powers to act as thy have but they are unelected and have no mandate from others to do what they did.

You wouldn't be the first one (nor the last) to think I spout shite but then again I didn't mount a challenge to buy the club on the behest of the club owners agent Trevor Birch, in direct competition to the current owners!

Neither am I the ones grovelling at their feet now trying to earn 'mutual respect' from them and being denied of any meaningful involvement with the club because of it.

Nor have I just fixed up a feel good Legends match just before I stand for election to the full ST.

It is interesting to see that Iles survey that he is currently running shows that 70% of those who have taken part so far (it was over 1,000 people over 24 hours ago) are not in the ST of which the vast majority of them (50%) said they had no intention of joining either.

Not just us 'utter tripe and made up stuffers' from here then!

They don't need a mandate, their aim is set out in these rules:

POWERS

5.The Society may achieve these objects in whole or in part through an interest or interests in companies or societies provided that the objects
of the companies or societies are consistent with the Society’s objects. In particular, in pursuit of these objects (but not otherwise) the Society may:

. acquire an interest in or ownership of the Club;

5.2. secure democratic and accountable representation on the Club’s   Board;

5.3. take any other steps in relation to the Club which enable it to exercise the greatest possible influence in the ownership, governance and management of the Club.

fans have pledged and joined knowing the aims of the trust, yes these aims may deviate slightly after the elections but the model rules and the ST core aims will basically stay the same, if you joined a golf club, you wouldn't expect to play cricket would you?
As far as I can see, everything the Steering Group have done has been in accordance with the Supporters' Direct templated rules

If they'd stood around doing nothing, people would have accused them of being another BWSA, damned if they do, damned if they don't

And if 20% of all bwfc supporters join the ST, I think they would see that as a big plus

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've paid my ten quid,and I'm quite optimistic. Didn't think I'd be saying that a while ago.

Those powers you keep citing are only valid once the Trust has held elections and appointed elected officials.

Until that point, they have neither the authority nor the right to do any of the things that the Steering Group (you and your mates?) are doing.

And they (you?) have already admitted that the whole "preferred bidder request" shambles was conducted at the behest of Trevor Birch (and thus by extension Eddie Davies), so they (you?) can probably understand why the overwhelming majority of Bolton fans have no intention of backing this Trust.

And did you seriously just write "They don't need a mandate"...?

A supporters' trust without a mandate isn't a supporters' trust.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Room for a few more in Sluffy's boat. Supporters' Trust could step forward to help fund Wanderers' Academy - Page 2 Whale-17 That ST whale is still going.

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

I'm surprised at the level of cynicism about The Supporters Trust.

It was formed in reaction to a failing and totally uninspiring football club. Fair play to those people on the steering group who could be bothered to get this thing off the ground. Fair play to the people who have put their names forward to become part of the committee. I don't know them. I just want to be part of something that, in the long term, helps our great club.

I don't understand all this pessimism, talk of hidden agendas and not following a democratic process. If you've got the energy and intensity to slag The ST off, then why don't you start your own organisation that try's to galvanise the club's support base.

I don't care who or why the Legends game was organised. It was a cracker of an afternoon of all things good BWFC had to offer.

It's early days yet, and the Trust is still learning and adapting. I'm looking forward to how it plays its part in the grand scheme of things.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

King Bill wrote:I'm surprised at the level of cynicism about The Supporters Trust.

It was formed in reaction to a failing and totally uninspiring football club. Fair play to those people on the steering group who could be bothered to get this thing off the ground. Fair play to the people who have put their names forward to become part of the committee. I don't know them. I just want to be part of something that, in the long term, helps our great club.

I don't understand all this pessimism, talk of hidden agendas and not following a democratic process. If you've got the energy and intensity to slag The ST off, then why don't you start your own organisation that try's to galvanise the club's support base.

I don't care who or why the Legends game was organised. It was a cracker of an afternoon of all things good BWFC had to offer.

It's early days yet, and the Trust is still learning and adapting. I'm looking forward to how it plays its part in the grand scheme of things.

The sensible/rationale view of an actual supporter of Bolton Wanderers. Someone that actually attends games

Last edited by Boggersbelief on Sat May 21 2016, 19:44; edited 1 time in total

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No-one is slagging off the ST and if you really knew what was happening you would also know that as yet there is NO ST. There is a steering group that keeps talking as if it is the ST but until elections that is all it is, a steering group.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:No-one is slagging off the ST 
:rofl:

blasterbolton

David Ngog
David Ngog

Bollotom2014 wrote:No-one is slagging off the ST and if you really knew what was happening you would also know that as yet there is NO ST. There is a steering group that keeps talking as if it is the ST but until elections that is all it is, a steering group.
Again you need to read the rules, it might surprise you to know that legally the ST don't have to hold Elections until the first AGM, as they where only formed and granted FSA approval in February 2016, they don't have to have their first AGM until June 2017
The three founding members and the directors they appoint (Steering Group) can legally trade as BWFCST and make whatever decisions they want to further the Aims set out in the Model rules until next June if they so wished.
If you don't believe me, email Supporters Direct and ask them

Don't shoot the messenger

King Bill wrote:I'm surprised at the level of cynicism about The Supporters Trust.

Well said.

Bollotom2014 wrote:No-one is slagging off the ST and if you really knew what was happening you would also know that as yet there is NO ST. There is a steering group that keeps talking as if it is the ST but until elections that is all it is, a steering group.

The Steering group are getting slagged for arranging the Legends game, are you as outraged as Sluffy?

One minute there's no ST.

Then suddenly, ED's facing the prospect of having to put the club into Administration because he's decided he no longer wants to pay the bills and there's a massive tax bill (over) due.

Nobody's really interested in buying the club and if ED is forced into Administration, he loses all bargaining rights over future payments to him and he can kiss goodbye to his club presidency.

Then suddenly, the ST pops up and the club can't do enough to help them get established, letting them have a room for meetings and printing their banners for them and stuff.

Within weeks of the first meeting, they're putting a bid in to buy the club and demand preferred bidder status.

Holdsworth's lot finally accede to Davies' mental demands and take over the club.

Once the dust settles, it comes out (of the horse's mouth) that Trevor Birch told them to put their bid together.

So for me at least, it all stinks.

It's not an independent fans' body, it's the remnants of a vehicle created and used by Eddie Davies to get the best deal (for him personally) from Sports Shield.

It's a tainted joke organisation.

And I genuinely can't understand why more people can't see that.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:

The Steering group are getting slagged for arranging the Legends game, are you as outraged as Sluffy?

Not at all. I recognise Sluffy has a right to put his point across, as do I and you. That's the whole point of a forum. My point was, and is, as yet no ST. Just a steering group. And if you can point to anywhere I have slagged off the steering group for organising the Legends game I would be quite happy to revisit and amend that post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum