Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supporters' Trust could step forward to help fund Wanderers' Academy

+8
blasterbolton
Norpig
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Breadman wrote:One minute there's no ST.

Then suddenly, ED's facing the prospect of having to put the club into Administration because he's decided he no longer wants to pay the bills and there's a massive tax bill (over) due.

Nobody's really interested in buying the club and if ED is forced into Administration, he loses all bargaining rights over future payments to him and he can kiss goodbye to his club presidency.

Then suddenly, the ST pops up and the club can't do enough to help them get established, letting them have a room for meetings and printing their banners for them and stuff.

Within weeks of the first meeting, they're putting a bid in to buy the club and demand preferred bidder status.

Holdsworth's lot finally accede to Davies' mental demands and take over the club.

Once the dust settles, it comes out (of the horse's mouth) that Trevor Birch told them to put their bid together.

So for me at least, it all stinks.

It's not an independent fans' body, it's the remnants of a vehicle created and used by Eddie Davies to get the best deal (for him personally) from Sports Shield.

It's a tainted joke organisation.

And I genuinely can't understand why more people can't see that.

Because in fairness Bread that version of events you've put across is your opinion of how things went down. We all know how the events began, ended and some bits in between, how we all choose to fill in the gaps is our own prerogative.

So you could be right and you could be wrong, but there's no certainty to it.

It's not "my version" of what happened, it's a list of facts.

(I will concede that my saying that ED actually "created" the Trust is slightly subjective but given the rest of what we now know, it makes perfect sense and is highly probable.)

I'm not against the idea of having a Trust.

Just not this one.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice wallpaper for your PC Bread. Very Happy
Supporters' Trust could step forward to help fund Wanderers' Academy - Page 3 Bolton-Wanderers-Supporters-Trust-PC-Wallpaper

It's nice but have you got one with pandas?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Supporters' Trust could step forward to help fund Wanderers' Academy - Page 3 9282012235825

blasterbolton

David Ngog
David Ngog

Breadman wrote:It's not "my version" of what happened, it's a list of facts.

(I will concede that my saying that ED actually "created" the Trust is slightly subjective but given the rest of what we now know, it makes perfect sense and is highly probable.)

I'm not against the idea of having a Trust.

Just not this one.
Well if you'd gone to both meetings you would have heard the room was given free, but the stage equipment and mics where charged to the ST at something like £800, a bucket collection was organised on the night which but fell just short.
At last weeks BWSA meeting a founder member did a Q&A and he stated they where charged £1000 for the second meeting
I also know they paid for their own banners because I work for the company that supplied them

As for Ed being behind them, This is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard, surely they'd be running the club now if that was the case?

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Breadman wrote:printing their banners for them and stuff.

Really liked that bit.

This company that you work for who printed the banners......does it also handle commissions from BWFC?

Just out of interest.......

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Supporters' Trust could step forward to help fund Wanderers' Academy - Page 3 1413192940400_wps_5_A_banner_in_the_stands_at

blasterbolton

David Ngog
David Ngog

Breadman wrote:This company that you work for who printed the banners......does it also handle commissions from BWFC?

Just out of interest.......
No. we've never done any work for BWFC, we're based in Warrington and apparently one of the Steering group lads lives near by

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bollotom2014 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:No-one is slagging off the ST and if you really knew what was happening you would also know that as yet there is NO ST. There is a steering group that keeps talking as if it is the ST but until elections that is all it is, a steering group.

The Steering group are getting slagged for arranging the Legends game, are you as outraged as Sluffy?

Not at all. I recognise Sluffy has a right to put his point across, as do I and you. That's the whole point of a forum. My point was, and is, as yet no ST. Just a steering group. And if you can point to anywhere I have slagged off the steering group for organising the Legends game I would be quite happy to revisit and amend that post.

Same with me actually.

Nowhere have I slagged the Steering group for arranging the game BUT I certainly did question the timing of it - directly after their elections had been called and immediately before nominations to stand were sought.

But yet again you knew that before you even made the 'wumming' post above.

So much for your sincerity over the ST.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

blasterbolton wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:No-one is slagging off the ST and if you really knew what was happening you would also know that as yet there is NO ST. There is a steering group that keeps talking as if it is the ST but until elections that is all it is, a steering group.
Again you need to read the rules, it might surprise you to know that legally the ST don't have to hold Elections until the first AGM, as they where only formed and granted FSA approval in February 2016, they don't have to have their first AGM until June 2017
The three founding members and the directors they appoint (Steering Group) can legally trade as BWFCST and make whatever decisions they want to further the Aims set out in the Model rules until next June if they so wished.
If you don't believe me, email Supporters Direct and ask them

Don't shoot the messenger

Well they've done such a wonderful job since the founding night that over 50% of those who pledged to join have refused to do so, those who have amount in numbers to about a tenth of the average home gate last season and total less members than both the Wanderers Ways and The Wanderers internet forums respectively have (and I dare say they both have more active participation on a daily basis than the ST does too!).

They've freely fessed up that Eddie Davies agent was the person that got them to go head to head with Holdsworth for the ownership of the club and now they are paying the obvious price of not only having the new owners not wanting to have anything much to do with them 'we need to build trust between us' seems to be the ST's stock answer to any question aimed at getting involved with the running of the club with Holdsworth / Anderson but also many people seeing that the ST certainly isn't as open, honest and transparent that it originally wanted people to believe it was by being manipulated so easily and WILLINGLY by Davies and Birch.

They achieved such a glowing success in the short time they've been in existence that there is such a groundswell of opinion against them that 70% of all who have replied to Iles current survey about them and the club haven't even bothered to join them nor want too either!

Don't shoot the respondent either.

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Lots more examples of cynicism above. However, I think the pessimists are getting confused as to why there is such a low uptake of ST membership. 

It's not that they share the backbiting attitude of some posters on here. I think it's because there is a general apathy about the supporters, and in no way is that a fault on our part. They'd probably want to spend a tenner elsewhere, or not want to part with it in the first place. Other things matter more than the shambles that has, and continues to go on, behind the scenes at The Wanderers. 

Who can blame the naivety of the steering group for declaring preferred bidder status ? Why hold it against them in a new and 'feet finding' organisation. I'd imagine the vast majority of fans never knew or even cared what Trevor Birch said to the ST.

The Trust won't get a seat on the board because the people sat on it already have slightly more money than the ST. It's all about money, the Trust don't have any and with a disperate and seemingly un-unifiable fan base, it plays right into the present owners hand.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

nice to see some of the new posters actually sticking up for the ST, i'm a member as well and have never understood the sniping and criticism. 

They are a bunch of BWFC supporters trying to help the club and the fans, yes they may be on a bit of a power trip but i'll forgive them that if they can help to make our club more transparent and accountable to us the fans

King Bill wrote:

Who can blame the naivety of the steering group for declaring preferred bidder status ? Why hold it against them in a new and 'feet finding' organisation. I'd imagine the vast majority of fans never knew or even cared what Trevor Birch said to the ST.

Laughable apologist drivel.

And if you honestly can't see the obvious problem with your assertion that "(you'd) imagine the vast majority of fans never knew or even cared what Trevor Birch said to the ST", there's no point me explaining it to you.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I cant help but wonder, what will the ST offer , that the current BW Supporters Association doesn't/cant.

My understanding is that, (possibly), members of the current ST tried to take over, or hijack, depending on your point of view, the management of the supporters association, but were seen off. (Is this their response to that ?). I would have thought that a legitimate intent to become involved more with the club, would be from the inside, and the BWSA is already a respected source of fans opinions and views.

Having said that, I do wonder why the BWSA has not attempted to raise its profile, but have the feeling that they are being stream-rollered into line, (or circumvented), and possibly see their role as different to the ST. However, the ST will expect to include them in their numbers when all this is concluded. (I think the SA number about 3000 att, (might be wrong))

I think it strange that there will be two supporters associations, one that deals with the club in a time-honoured and straight-forward manner, and another which has made demands of the club, attempted what would appear to the eventual owners, a hostile  takeover, and who now continue to cause problems for all, due to their disorganised approach, All against the backdrop of not getting on with the new management.

Although I am sitting and waiting to see what happens to the club, I have to say that the if the future ways of working of the ST are to be judged on what, and how, they have performed so far, then its not a good sign.

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Breadman wrote:
King Bill wrote:

And if you honestly can't see the obvious problem with your assertion that "(you'd) imagine the vast majority of fans never knew or even cared what Trevor Birch said to the ST", there's no point me explaining it to you.

Your absolutely right........there is no point you explaining anything to me, you miserable antagonist.

blasterbolton

David Ngog
David Ngog

Breadman wrote:
King Bill wrote:

Considering everything I've read from you over the last couple of months regarding the Supporters Trust has been so far off the mark, it's pretty embarrassing, I'm surprised you still bother to comment on a subject you obviously have little or no knowledge of Rolling Eyes

I think I'm being wummed and I've fallen for it.

I must be slipping......

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:I think I'm being wummed and I've fallen for it.

I must be slipping......

The account does appear to be genuine.

You can never be absolutely sure but at this early stage we are happy for 'Blaster' to be blasting off on here, even though I'm one of those who he's no doubt got in his sites.

If you are here genuinely Blaster it would be good to see you contribute elsewhere on the forum apart from on your favourite topic otherwise people might think you are here just for one reason only.

For what it is worth and despite what I may think personally of the ST, I would like to offer the ST a platform for it to spread its news, views and opinions right here on Nuts and perhaps get engaged in some lively discussions, explanations and debates as to what it is doing, where it is going and how it hopes to get there.

We are all Bolton fans after all despite how we may differ on things.

Yes I know the ST has its own site, twitter and facebook accounts but non of them seemed to have led to much interaction between doubters of the ST (like me) and those in the ST who would like to get their message out clear and loud to convince those many of us (and there's plenty of evidence shows that is indeed the case even if some are in denial about this fact) to change our minds and perhaps even get behind it.

Despite how some have wished to portray me over the years I am fair, reasonable and honest and I give my world that anyone from the ST would be treated with respect, there would be no censoring of any posts (unless it falls foul of the normal sites rule - racist, overly abusive illegal, etc)

So how about it, a chance to be heard to, on an independent BWFC forum, with no strings attached and everything out in the open and transparent.

If you wish to discuss anything with me before hand please pm me otherwise we look forward to you having the balls to take the opportunity and interact with your fellow whites many of which are for now not entirely convinced of your cause so far.

The ball is in your court.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum