Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Games you used to play as a kid

+6
scottjames30
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Bwfc1958
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:02

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Got back in about half an hour ago from playing kerby in the street with my 9 year old. I loved it. Took me right back to when I was playing the same game outside my own house at his age. He plays it in the street with his friends all the time and just goes to show that some games can stand the test of time. 

What games did you used to play when you were a nipper?

2Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always loved kerby, if you caught the ball after it bouncing off the corner then you could go half way so it was closer like a bonus round. Very Happy 

Used to play one touch down at the park as my local had a walled court and you only had one touch of the ball to try and score and you would take it in turns.

3Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:10

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

karlypants wrote:Always loved kirby, if you caught the ball after it bouncing off the corner then you could go half way so it was closer. Very Happy 
They still do. The rules haven't even changed. I was amazed. 

I bet you spent most of your time playing kissy catch with all the lads on your estate didn't you kp.

4Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Manhunt was quality

5Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:13

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Boggersbelief wrote:Manhunt was quality
Never heard of it Boggers. What was it?

6Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:

Hide and seek on steroids

7Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Hare and hounds?

8Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:

Hide and seek on steroids
Oh

9Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Knock a door run, apart from that the usual playing football.

10Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Split the kipper has always been popular.

We all had knives in those days. I was certainly playing it in the sixties.

http://strange-games.blogspot.co.uk/2007/10/split-kipper-strange-games-with-knives.html

11Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Manhunt is basically 1-3 people hiding in quite a big area with set boundaries and then about 20 other kids trying to find you. If you get found you either have to fight yourself free or surrender

12Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:22

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

karlypants wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Hare and hounds?
Hares and hounds was a popular game on our estate growing up. Another was kick can.

13Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds like you went to Eton Boggers. Very Happy

14Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:24

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:Split the kipper has always been popular.

We all had knives in those days. I was certainly playing it in the sixties.

http://strange-games.blogspot.co.uk/2007/10/split-kipper-strange-games-with-knives.html
How times change. You won't find me sending my kids out into the street to play with knives, especially in Little Hulton. There would be certain deaths.

15Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spud guns were popular. Although not with my Mum.

16Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Spud guns were popular. Although not with my Mum.
I got mine taken off me as well. Very Happy

17Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Girls had some odd games. Hopscotch. WTF.

18Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:37

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Marbles and pogs were massively popular at one point. I once had someone threatening to twat me because I won all his pogs off him.

19Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football rounders was decent, although girls joined in aswell and I ended twatting the ball right into one of their faces, she had specs on too.

20Games you used to play as a kid  Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:44

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Boggersbelief wrote:Football rounders was decent, although girls joined in aswell and I ended twatting the ball right into one of their faces, she had specs on too.
Used to love all the football based games. There was one called 60 seconds which was good. Headers and volleys is one I played pretty much every single day growing up. There was another as well but can't quite put my finger on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum