Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Filip Twardzik on way out at Bolton Wanderers

+2
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Filip Twardzik is on the verge of leaving Wanderers by mutual consent.

The Czech utility player has failed to find regular football at the Macron Stadium since Neil Lennon signed him from Celtic in January last year.

Despite scoring on his debut against Derby County, the 23-year-old managed just one start – in a 4-1 defeat against Nottingham Forest – and four substitute appearances for the Whites.

Twardzik was allowed to speak with Slavia Prague at the end of last season but a permanent move did not materialise.

After becoming a father for the first time over the summer he then travelled with Wanderers for their pre-season camp in Sweden, featuring in the 2-1 victory over Helsingor.

But while no deal has yet been reached, it is understood Twardzik and his representatives have been in talks with the Whites over severing his contract, which is due to expire in June 2017.

It is not yet known whether he will return to the Czech Republic or return north of the border, where he played for four years at Parkhead.

Twardzik has played in a number of positions for the development squad but the competition in midfield appears to have led to the club’s decision to cancel his contract.

Phil Parkinson wants to reshape his squad and continues to look at a number of younger trial players, some of whom could be in action tonight against Crewe.

The first team face York City tomorrow at Bootham Crescent, where the Whites boss could give more game time to the likes of Gordon Greer, Neal Eardley, Frazer Richardson and David Wheater.

“We are looking at several players at the moment,” he told The Bolton News. “The squad is a long way from being complete and how we want it.

“We’ve got Crewe Alexandra on Friday, against their first team, and then York City on Saturday.

“My thoughts are to take the stronger team to York just because it balances out the week’s training better for us in terms of the Saturday games are what we are going to be coming up against when the season kicks off.

“Friday will also be a good game for us. We’ll be giving a few of the Under-21s a game alongside a few of the lads who haven’t figured as much.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never heard of him.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only player Lennon brought in for a cash fee....

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Never really given a chance.
I can understand the need for a clear out- but so many are leaving (this week Danns and Twardzik)- perhaps too many are now going. If they're going to be replaced, will the replacements be any better than the people we're offloading. Even though we might be saving on wages we may be compromising any potential success by reducing the quality in the squad

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Never really given a chance.
I can understand the need for a clear out- but so many are leaving (this week Danns and Twardzik)- perhaps too many are now going. If they're going to be replaced, will the replacements be any better than the people we're offloading. Even though we might be saving on wages we may be compromising any potential success by reducing the quality in the squad

Very Happy

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Never really given a chance.

Very Happy

Boggers-I presume that you're emoji is suggesting that we have no quality at all in the current squad?
Although that may be flavour of the month on here- I don't think its as bad as you infer. Rampant bad luck with injuries, poor management, turmoil in the club, lack of cash flow- a whole host of things made the performances on the pitch poor. But with things more settled, I think we'll see a different set of performances next season

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No I do think we have a few decent players, but the ones being let go or replaced are absolutely terrible. I see no problem with the likes of Danns, Twardzk and the other overpaid tosspots leaving

Apart from holding

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Apart from holding

I made peace with him leaving months ago.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Czech midfielder departs after mutual agreement to cancel contract

Filip Twardzik has left Bolton Wanderers after a mutual agreement was reached to cancel his contract with the club.

The 23-year-old joined the Whites on a free transfer from Celtic in February 2015, going on to feature five times during his 18-month stay at Macron Stadium.

Capable of playing in both midfield and defence, Twardzik scored on his Bolton debut against Derby County shortly after joining the club while his last Trotters appearance came against Cardiff City in December 2015.

Everyone associated with Bolton Wanderers wishes Filip well in his future career in the game.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/bolton-wanderers-filip-twardzik-czech-republic-2016-17-3218763.aspx#ibh9FW0OzeydQZQz.99

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:The only player Lennon brought in for a cash fee....

Not according to the club apparently.

Sluffy wrote:
The 23-year-old joined the Whites on a free transfer from Celtic in February 2015,,,

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That must be a typo I'll correct it, 
incapable of playing in defence or midfield

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum