Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Dark Knight Rises

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Dark Knight Rises Empty The Dark Knight Rises Fri 13 Jul - 11:09

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Looking forward to it I am.
Impression of yoda, intentional it was not.

One of the comments on this trailer was "I can masturbate to this" made me laugh!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Fri 13 Jul - 13:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm looking forward to it for sure.

I'm also worried about it.

Anne Hathaways get up looks utterly absurd. I was really hoping they were going to utilize Harley Quinn, considering we've already seen Cat-woman on screen.

I would have cast Vanessa Hudgens to play Harley Quinn.

3The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Fri 13 Jul - 14:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've watched all the Batman films and while none have been crap, none have made me want to see them ever again. In fact that goes for most superhero films made in the last 10 years.

4The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Fri 13 Jul - 14:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Batman Begins was superb IMO, The Dark Knight is good but i think the sad death of Heath Ledger gave it added praise it didn't deserve.

A very good popcorn movie, one of the better ones, but didn't grip like Begins for me.

I also think Chris Nolans reputation has got completely out of control, people talk as if he's in the same league as Wong kar Wai or Truffaut and Goddard. He's a good director who has made a couple of excellent films but he isn't a genius of cinema (IMO of course).

5The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Fri 13 Jul - 15:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think Nolan has done a great job with the Batman films and I will certainly go and see the new one.

I also thought Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker was one of the best performances I have seen. He actually made the Joker scary as opposed to laughable.

6The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Fri 13 Jul - 18:05

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I agree with hipster on the past 2 batman films, batman begins is up there with my favourite films but I am not much of a lover of the dark knight to be honest. I thought they fucked up with the jokers make up, not exactly jack nicholson.

7The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Fri 13 Jul - 18:52

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I too am a little worried - and I was disappointed when I saw cat woman in her sexy but ludicrous get up. Superhero films always become less credible the more they release after the original (except Dark Knight surprised me on this score and was decent - just hope they have got it right with rises).

Let's face it - everyone on here wanted to be batman after Begins.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

8The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Fri 13 Jul - 18:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some guy did a Harley Quinn mockup for an April Fools ages ago and it looks great.

The Dark Knight Rises Quinn1

I can't believe they went with Cat woman who has got to be the least "gritty" villain of them all.

9The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Fri 13 Jul - 21:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Batman Begins was superb IMO, The Dark Knight is good but i think the sad death of Heath Ledger gave it added praise it didn't deserve.

This was the bit where you were supposed to give me a list of good superhero films.

10The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Fri 13 Jul - 21:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

honestly I'm not that big a fan of the genre.

Batman Begins, Batman returns and Unbreakable come to mind. Obviously Kick Ass, urm, i was one of the few people that liked Watchmen.

11The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Fri 13 Jul - 23:37

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:honestly I'm not that big a fan of the genre.

Batman Begins, Batman returns and Unbreakable come to mind. Obviously Kick Ass, urm, i was one of the few people that liked Watchmen.

I thought Watchmen was really under-rated. It did a good job on transferring a graphic novel to the screen. Almost as good as Sin City.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum