Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Public Sector Pay Rises: The End?

+11
Norpig
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
Mr Magoo
scottjames30
bwfc71
waynagain
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 16:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At last some fooking common sense. George Osborne has announced that public sector workers will no longer be able to milk the taxpayer with automatic pay increases every year.

Automatic "progression" pay, where employees move up a grade every year irrespective of performance, will be stopped.

It's crazy that this has been allowed to go on for so long. Why the fook should anyone be entitled to a pay rise regardless of their performance. Quite simply it encourages lazy employees. If you know you're going to get a pay rise even if you don't put any effort in where is the incentive to work hard?

I'm not happy with this government at all, but to be fair they have started to address the ridiculous overspend in the public sector. I hope they keep going.

2Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 16:29

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

And I hope that they enforce it. But like many initiatives like this  it'll take about 30 seconds to find a way round it. It's a good sound bite but difficult in practice to work.
Those who work in the public sector will just redesignate or rename a job and get a rise. Or they'll get 'merit' rises decided on by local public sector managers  who'll also be getting a 'merit' rise as well. All the way up the public sector tree. There's about 7 million people employed in the public sector ( 25% of the UK workforce) and I'll bet you a pound to a pinch of shit that all that hot air from Boy George will mean nothing. And if the Milliballs get elected they'll reverse it and backdate it too.

3Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 16:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:And I hope that they enforce it. But like many initiatives like this  it'll take about 30 seconds to find a way round it. It's a good sound bite but difficult in practice to work.
Those who work in the public sector will just redesignate or rename a job and get a rise. Or they'll get 'merit' rises decided on by local public sector managers  who'll also be getting a 'merit' rise as well. All the way up the public sector tree. There's about 7 million people employed in the public sector ( 25% of the UK workforce) and I'll bet you a pound to a pinch of shit that all that hot air from Boy George will mean nothing. And if the Milliballs get elected they'll reverse it and backdate it too.

Don't be so negative. It will happen and the public sector will finally have to work for a living.

4Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 16:55

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It's not just in the UK that there is stuff like that. If you are a teacher in the US after 3 years you get what is called 'tenure' and from that point on you can not get fired even if you are the worst teacher in the country. Some states tried to change things where teachers only got 'merit raises' based on their performance, the unions stepped in!!!! Over two thirds of the property tax I pay goes to the local school budget.

5Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 20:42

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I just hope either your binmen, traffic enforcers, judges, social workers, magistrates, council tax officers, passport controllers, local police officers, sewage cleaners etc etc  are reading this crap.

You moan if they do not do their job, you moan if you think there are not enough of them, you moanabout thsi that and the other and now this.....

What will you do if they were all made unemployed - who will empty your bins, who will resurface the roads, who will collect the taxes from businesses and council tax, who will make sure children cross the road safely, who will look after the streets, try to keep on top of crime, who will look after teh criminals if there are no prisons, who will check the passports at passport control, who will give legal aid? who willkeep the parks neat and tidy and safe, who will keep grass verges at a low level, who will keep the streets lights in good condition, who will paint the white lines on the roads

Publis servants do a hell of a lot of stuff which you all take for granted and yet you think you are fit to call them useless.

Basic truth is, as I have been on both sides of the fence is that in teh private sector there is far too much wastage, far too much chatter between work colleagues, far too many cigarette breaks, far too many lazying around doing sweet FA, messing around on football forums and other websites instead of doing some work.  Yes the Private sector is far superior to teh public sector - not!!!

One more thing, Natasha, as you are a business woman and supposedly up there with all teh big names, is your company ready to give pensiosn to ALL your own staff by 2015, as that will be required for ALL businesses to do by law!

The public sector do jobs that no company from teh private sector would ever do - or by law are not allowed due to wanting neutrality.  If it wasn't for the public sector would you be alive today, would you be safe and sound, would you be healthy and would you be able to read and write???

6Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 20:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:I just hope either your binmen, traffic enforcers, judges, social workers, magistrates, council tax officers, passport controllers, local police officers, sewage cleaners etc etc  are reading this crap.

You moan if they do not do their job, you moan if you think there are not enough of them, you moanabout thsi that and the other and now this.....

Publis servants do a hell of a lot of stuff which you all take for granted and yet you think you are fit to call them useless.

I didn't call them useless, but I don't see how people can be motivated if their pay rise is guaranteed. Do you honestly think that people give 100% when they know they can get away with 75% effort?

If a private company wants to do that then fair enough, but the taxpayer should get value for money from the public sector, and they haven't been doing if even the worst staff get a pay rise.

You know I'm right, I don't know how anyone can defend a guaranteed pay rise each year.

As for your ridiculous statement about what we would do without binmen, passport control etc - what the fook has this got to do with the issue? Are they all going to leave because they don't get their 1% payrise? Are they fook as most of them couldn't get a job elsewhere with half the perks.

7Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 20:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:I just hope either your binmen, traffic enforcers, judges, social workers, magistrates, council tax officers, passport controllers, local police officers, sewage cleaners etc etc  are reading this crap.

What will you do if they were all made unemployed - who will empty your bins, who will resurface the roads, who will collect the taxes from businesses and council tax, who will make sure children cross the road safely, who will look after the streets, try to keep on top of crime, who will look after teh criminals if there are no prisons, who will check the passports at passport control, who will give legal aid? who willkeep the parks neat and tidy and safe, who will keep grass verges at a low level, who will keep the streets lights in good condition, who will paint the white lines on the roads

Basic truth is, as I have been on both sides of the fence is that in teh private sector there is far too much wastage, far too much chatter between work colleagues, far too many cigarette breaks, far too many lazying around doing sweet FA, messing around on football forums and other websites instead of doing some work.  Yes the Private sector is far superior to teh public sector - not!!!

One more thing, Natasha, as you are a business woman and supposedly up there with all teh big names, is your company ready to give pensiosn to ALL your own staff by 2015, as that will be required for ALL businesses to do by law!

The public sector do jobs that no company from teh private sector would ever do - or by law are not allowed due to wanting neutrality.  If it wasn't for the public sector would you be alive today, would you be safe and sound, would you be healthy and would you be able to read and write???

Well said Chris.

8Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 21:01

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I didn't call them useless, but I don't see how people can be motivated if their pay rise is guaranteed. Do you honestly think that people give 100% when they know they can get away with 75% effort?

If a private company wants to do that then fair enough, but the taxpayer should get value for money from the public sector, and they haven't been doing if even the worst staff get a pay rise.

You know I'm right, I don't know how anyone can defend a guaranteed pay rise each year.

As for your ridiculous statement about what we would do without binmen, passport control etc - what the fook has this got to do with the issue? Are they all going to leave because they don't get their 1% payrise? Are they fook as most of them couldn't get a job elsewhere with half the perks.
Well said Nat, fuck them, greedy bastards.

9Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 21:03

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Actually there are more perks in teh Private Sectoe than in the public - you ought to get your faacts right, Natasha!

Funnily enough the public sector have not had a pay rise for 4 years - is that a guaranteed pay-rise?

Every job I have had over the years has guaranteed a payrise every year - even if it is just the rate of inflation pay-rise!!!

But lets put it thsi way are you really bothered, as a CEO you will probably give yourself a 15% payrise, unlike the equivalent in the public sector!!!

Look at how many CEO's have given themselves over 20% payrise during these austerity years - why haven't people moaned about that - instead of giving their own staff pay-rises!!!

The rich are getting richer and teh poor are getting poorer and thsi just shows is and teh snobbery towards teh public sector is a bloody joke - just how would you cope without the public sector???

10Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 21:06

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:

Well said Chris.

Pay raises in both private and public sectors should be based on performance. Why should somebody in the same position who is a slacker get the same pay raise as a person who workrs hard - only the slacker would agree with that.

11Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 21:09

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

lol!

12Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 21:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
Actually there are more perks in teh Private Sectoe than in the public - you ought to get your faacts right, Natasha!

Funnily enough the public sector have not had a pay rise for 4 years - is that a guaranteed pay-rise?

Every job I have had over the years has guaranteed a payrise every year - even if it is just the rate of inflation pay-rise!!!

But lets put it thsi way are you really bothered, as a CEO you will probably give yourself a 15% payrise, unlike the equivalent in the public sector!!!

Look at how many CEO's have given themselves over 20% payrise during these austerity years - why haven't people moaned about that  - instead of giving their own staff pay-rises!!!

The rich are getting richer and teh poor are getting poorer and thsi just shows is and teh snobbery towards teh public sector is a bloody joke - just how would you cope without the public sector???

The private sector can do as they please - it's their money, they aren't funded by the taxpayer.

The public sector is funded by normal people like you and I, so why should we contribute towards a lazy buggers payrise? I have no problem with hard working people within the public sector being rewarded, but when did rewarding poor work ever work out for the better - have you met Zat Knight?

Now there are some fat cats in the public sector being paid ridiculous amounts and I would be happier if their salaries were reduced, but what has happened today is at least a start.

I am happy to fund the public sector workers as they provide important services, but I shouldn't have to fund their payrises and pension.

13Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 22:15

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

waynagain wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Well said Chris.

Pay raises in both private and public sectors should be based on performance. Why should somebody in the same position who is a slacker get the same pay raise as a person who workrs hard - only the slacker would agree with that.

So would you be happy not to have a pay-rise for 4 years, as its frozen, and in reality your pay will have fallen by about 7.5%?

The rate-of-inflation payrise should be the minimum anyone, and everyone, should get each year due to increasing costs of living!

14Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 22:18

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The rate-of-inflation payrise should be the minimum anyone, and everyone, should get each year due to increasing costs of living!

What a load of bollock's, what if the private company is struggling, should they still get it.
NO they should not, you cock.

15Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 22:23

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Look at how many CEO's have given themselves over 20% payrise during these austerity years - why haven't people moaned about that  - instead of giving their own staff pay-rises!!!

The private sector can do as they please - it's their money, they aren't funded by the taxpayer.

The public sector is funded by normal people like you and I, so why should we contribute towards a lazy buggers payrise? I have no problem with hard working people within the public sector being rewarded, but when did rewarding poor work ever work out for the better - have you met Zat Knight?

Now there are some fat cats in the public sector being paid ridiculous amounts and I would be happier if their salaries were reduced, but what has happened today is at least a start.

I am happy to fund the public sector workers as they provide important services, but I shouldn't have to fund their payrises and pension.

The private sector is also funded by normal people. What would happen if you and everyone else suddenly stopped shopping at your local supermarket and the chain, as a whole? You are NOT funding the public sector pensions, in fact you are funding EVERYONE's pensions!!!! All the money you have in your Bank accounts goes topwards helping raise market prices, raise and lower foreign exchange which are all used to help fund stake-holder pensions!!! Every pension is basically a fund which plays the FOREX games - i.e. playing with people's money.

Did you know that those in the public sector pay 40% of their wage towards their pension each month? How much, percentage wise, from your salary,do you pay towards your pension, or will you be relying on state pension which is paid for by everyone???

Again you ought to be alert about pensions as by end 2015 anyone in work, whether public or private, will have a pension paid for by the employers, which will be funded by the tax-payer, as well as paying towards the State pension!!! Your attitude will change.

16Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 22:26

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mr Magoo wrote:The rate-of-inflation payrise should be the minimum anyone, and everyone, should get each year due to increasing costs of living!

What a load of bollock's, what if the private company is struggling, should they still get it.
NO they should not, you cock.

So would you be happy not to receive any sort of pay increment for 4 consecutive years , which equates to a pay-decrease of about 7%, like what has happened in teh UK over the last 4 years - idiot?

Reality is since 2008, due to rate of inflation public sector wages have fallen by almost 12%. That means in plain simple words the staff have ahd their wages cut by the same amount. they are meant to live off teh same wage as of 5 years ago with todays prices - can you do it, and keep your home etc etc etc without applying for benefits?

17Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 22:35

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Bollocks to them, adapt, stop smoking, don't by the new TV, go and find some road kill.
Its a fecking recession you dum fucker.
Sorry for that but you asked for it.
My new Quad bike arrives tomorrow.

18Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Wed Jun 26 2013, 23:31

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Another problem with the divide and conquur between Public and Private sector is that they need each other and, in fact, it is the Private Sector that is bleeding the public sector dry.

Using Refuse Collectors (aka Binmen) as an example. In Bolton the council do not operate the refuse collection - it is put out to tender, de to a certian percentage of services that do have to be put out to tender by law. The company that wins the tender is from the private sector, the lowest bid will presumably be far higher than what it would have cost to keep it in-house. But Bolton has to go with it. That company then employs its workforce from temporary job agencies on an adhoc service. These workers will be on a minimum wage or a "living" wage whilst teh bosses and shareholders will be creamining th erest as proft and bonuses and dividends. Now multiply that across many services the the council has to provide, and see how expensive it is but the money has to come from soemwhere. Now lets look at the in-house departments. For example the accounts department they have to pay the same wage for accountants as the Private Sector, otherwise no one would want to work for the councils or any other part of teh public sector. - but is the the public sectors fault that they have to pay the high wages or is it down to the Private Sector for setting these highly inflated wages in the first place.

If anything it is the Private Sector that is bleeding the public sector, as I have already said.

The fault solely lies within the Private Sector with its greed attitude, rather than the piblic sector who has to follow suit to get people working for them.

19Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 00:30

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:At last some fooking common sense. George Osborne has announced that public sector workers will no longer be able to milk the taxpayer with automatic pay increases every year.

Automatic "progression" pay, where employees move up a grade every year irrespective of performance, will be stopped.

It's crazy that this has been allowed to go on for so long. Why the fook should anyone be entitled to a pay rise regardless of their performance. Quite simply it encourages lazy employees. If you know you're going to get a pay rise even if you don't put any effort in where is the incentive to work hard?

I'm not happy with this government at all, but to be fair they have started to address the ridiculous overspend in the public sector. I hope they keep going.

You are a woman!!! why are you commenting on things that dont concern you, you are just embarassing yourself!! stop it and get on with your womens things.

20Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 01:51

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc71 wrote:
waynagain wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Well said Chris.

So would you be happy not to have a pay-rise for 4 years, as its frozen, and in reality your pay will have fallen by about 7.5%?

The majority of Public Sector workers are overpaid when compaired to Private Sector workers doing a similar job, and even with a 4 year pay freeze they would still be making more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum