Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Public Sector Pay Rises: The End?

+11
Norpig
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
Mr Magoo
scottjames30
bwfc71
waynagain
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 18:06

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:
wanderlust wrote:The point of "cost of living" rises is to ensure that people's standard of living doesn't decline. But surely the whole point of austerity is that we have to accept a reduction in our standard of living? When the country is skint and heavily in debt then maintaining existing standards of living does nothing to pay off the debt. How that burden is shared is a different question, but historically the vast majority of private sector employees don't get a "cost of living" rise. You either do the job for whatever the employer is willing to pay you or fuck off - and there's no union to protect you.

all good points, i earn a decent wage so my pay freeze has not affected me too much yet. What pisses me off is that the Government always looks to punish the poorer amongst us yet the rich get more tax breaks and find ways round having to pay more tax and contribute more.

This Govenment is really pandering to all the kneejerk issues, imigration, public sector pay, benefits etc just to try and make it look like they are following public opinion yet fat cat bosses and bankers are still coining it in with no regulation.
A friend of mine works for the NHS. She - and many others - were recently told they had to apply for their own jobs. She did, she got to keep her job but now has to work in a different location. Many people took 'voluntary redundancy' and are now applying to the NHS (staff) bank (temps) and could now take the jobs from the peolpe who were retained. As an NHS employee, do you think this is appropriate?

42Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 18:09

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
Are they really that bad ?

This government are starting to hit them hard.

I've said it before on here. A member of my family works for Fylde Borough Council, she designs posters and other literature. She'll get a project for a few weeks then they'll tell her to go home on full pay until the next project which can sometimes be a couple of months away. There are several people in the department doing exactly he same - and this sort of thing goes on in every council in the country.

Would that happen in the private sector? Would it fuck!

So that's the reason why you call millions of public workers lazy pricks because of one person in your potentially fake family?

Your a pathetic nonsensical human being with no concept of how the real world works.

43Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 18:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:

So that's the reason why you call millions of public workers lazy pricks because of one person in your potentially fake family?

Your a pathetic nonsensical human being with no concept of how the real world works.

Are you 15 or 29 today? I'll go with 29 as no 15 year old talks like that.

I have no idea how the real world works? This thread is about the government putting an end to guaranteed payrises for public sector workers - I've just checked the BBC website and it's a real story.

I'm not trying to piss people off, but no one other than a public sector worker would agree that guaranteed payrises are a good thing.

44Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 20:15

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Did you know that those in the public sector pay 40% of their wage towards their pension each month?  How much, percentage wise, from your salary,do you pay towards your pension, or will you be relying on state pension which is paid for by everyone???

Again you ought to be alert about pensions as by end 2015 anyone in work, whether public or private, will have a pension paid for by the employers, which will be funded by the tax-payer, as well as paying towards the State pension!!!  Your attitude will change.

40%? Are you on drugs? I'd be surprised if it was anything higher than 10%.

But that's not the point, the taxpayer is still contributing to public sector pensions and that's not on.

But forget all that Chris, the proof is in the pudding as they say. If your new venture takes off are you going to give your staff a guaranteed pay-rise every year?

Yep - a cost-of-living pay rise each year will be the minimum - how else is one to live. If they don't get the payrise then they could have trouble getting to work, or use less money for food which could have a detrimental effect on their work, or pay/miss payments on their utilities which leads to more time off sick and also make sure they get 2 weeks holiday somewhere whether it be a stay-cation or a holiday overseas which then, again, improves their work efficiency.

Plus if I open up a UK ventue then the UK workers will ahve to have an Employers Pension, which I also agree with, which will be funded by tax-payers, btw, so having a go at public sector workers about their pension is futile as EVERYONE will soon have tax-payers funded pensions (and not just the state pension!!!)

Anyway the row over the pensions is basically a legal row. In the Private sector no ones pension is allowed to be altered by law. Basically a company has to close the pension to anyone new and the new staff have to sign up to a new pension scheme but once signed up to a pension it legally cannot change - this is where the Government is breaking their own law (legally by creating a two-tier law) with the public sector by forcing changes to pension already signed up to. They should have followed the same path as the Private Sector by closing the current schemes to new staff and making them sign up to new Pension schemes!

45Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 20:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
Are they really that bad ?

This government are starting to hit them hard.

I've said it before on here. A member of my family works for Fylde Borough Council, she designs posters and other literature. She'll get a project for a few weeks then they'll tell her to go home on full pay until the next project which can sometimes be a couple of months away. There are several people in the department doing exactly he same - and this sort of thing goes on in every council in the country.

Would that happen in the private sector? Would it fuck!

It does, actually!

How many staff take cigarette breaks during teh day - thus losing office time
How many staff do non-business chat to each other during the day - thus losing office time
How many staff are on the net working the working day
How many staff take longer than expected lunch breakas and how often
How much paperwork is created for a small change or for a small routine
how much paperwork is used just to approval from other departments

Talk about wastage in the public sector, the Private sector is just as bad, if not worse, to be honest!

46Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 20:27

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Miss Whittam how do actually expect me to speak? Do you expect me to use slang or something? Is there a rule somewhere that I'm not allowed to speak like I go to Little Lever School?

47Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 20:29

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Remember this, though.....

Once all the changes have taken place over 3 million people will have lost their job in the Public Sector - that means 3 million unemployed of which there are not 3 million jobs in the Private Sector so whats goingt o happen to those who cannot get a job, as there are not enough jobs - live off benefits?
Also what about those on a minimum wage, or a living wage, in the Private Sector who have to have their salaries subsiside by benefits just to live a basic life

Wouldn't it be better to give a better pay-deal to everyone and make sure they get a cost-of-living pay rise each year rather than living/relying on benefits which we all contribute to - thus saving the Government even more money and helping to reduce the national debt, and actually increase work efficiency and make workers feel that they are part fo the business!

48Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 20:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:Miss Whittam how do actually expect me to speak? Do you expect me to use slang or something? Is there a rule somewhere that I'm not allowed to speak like I go to Little Lever School?

Please don't diss Little Lever.

49Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 21:12

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
kennster wrote:Miss Whittam how do actually expect me to speak? Do you expect me to use slang or something? Is there a rule somewhere that I'm not allowed to speak like I go to Little Lever School?

Agreed

I still use the RBS cash machine and Tesco Metro in the village!

50Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 21:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Agreed

Do you ever use the little indoor Market? They sell Carrs Pasties!

51Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 21:49

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Agreed

Is this the RBS cash machine that the tax payer owns?
Shut the machine down and leave Little Lever to carry on in it's one horse town mode!

52Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 21:50

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I've just bought a new wheel barrow.

53Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 21:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:I've just bought a new wheel barrow.

Is it to carry your Nuts?

54Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 21:56

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No, Horse shit.

55Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 22:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Agreed

Do you ever use the little indoor Market?  They sell Carrs Pasties!

Nope - just the ATM for money to spend in Bury or Manchester or The Trafford Centre

56Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 22:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Nope - just the ATM for money to spend in Bury or Manchester or The Trafford Centre

Why make a special trip to LL for cash? I'm pretty sure they have cash machines in Bury & Manchester.

57Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 22:33

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Are they still building that new Tesco?

58Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Thu Jun 27 2013, 22:42

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Why make a special trip to LL for cash? I'm pretty sure they have cash machines in Bury & Manchester.

@Natasha - well the yokels do not know what a Bank is yet and as such there is no queue, unlike those in Bury and Manchester, plus its on the way!

@Kennster - ther are still planning to do so - just hope they do it quickly as I am running out of food!!! PLus the one-way system will be far metter than at moment with trying to find spots to pull in so cars coming the other way can pass!

59Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Fri Jun 28 2013, 00:32

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat has a point here, I have a friend who is a binman and is on a ridiculous wage for basically doing fuck all. He says the blokes are always missing out streets and when they finish their route early say 12 for example they should go back to the depot and get sent out on another job, but they don't they just all fuck off home but they still get paid right up until 3 or whatever time they were supposed to finish.

60Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? - Page 3 Empty Re: Public Sector Pay Rises: The End? Fri Jun 28 2013, 01:28

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Nat has a point here, I have a friend who is a binman and is on a ridiculous wage for basically doing fuck all. He says the blokes are always missing out streets and when they finish their route early say 12 for example they should go back to the depot and get sent out on another job, but they don't they just all fuck off home but they still get paid right up until 3 or whatever time they were supposed to finish.

I think that your friend is bullshitting you.

Unless Leeds is different to the rest of the country.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum