Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pay Rises: Should They Be Guaranteed?

+10
Numpty 28723
Norpig
Sluffy
wanderlust
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
Mr Magoo
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Pay Rises: Should They Be Guaranteed? Empty Pay Rises: Should They Be Guaranteed? Thu Mar 13 2014, 16:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The government (go Tories, go Tories) have announced below-inflation pay rises for NHS staff in England, and some higher level staff will get no rise at all.

As usual, the Unions are all over it like a rash and are already threatening strike action.

Isn't this half the problem with modern day society though, people seem to expect a pay rise these days rather than earn it. Shouldn't we be encouraging a society where a pay rise is a reward for excellent work, not just getting out of bed in the morning?

My staff don't get a guaranteed pay rise, they have to work for it. At the end of the year they have to justify why I should dig deep into my pockets to fund their lifestyle. Pam, 52 years old and secretary of the after work sex club, hasn't had a pay rise since 1999 because all she does is the bare minimum. If she wasn't a gay dwarf I would have sacked her years ago.

So how do you feel about this? Should people get a guaranteed pay rise regardless of their performance?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Put Pam on short time.

You utter bell-end, Whittam!

It's not even a 1% pay rise their getting in the NHS, it's actually (basically) a one-off payment which equates to 1% of their annual salary, in lieu of a proper pay-rise, so next year, they're back to where they were last year in terms of salary.

If you're going to post shit on here, at least do your research properly, you tory hag....

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:You utter bell-end, Whittam!

It's not even a 1% pay rise their getting in the NHS, it's actually (basically) a one-off payment which equates to 1% of their annual salary, in lieu of a proper pay-rise, so next year, they're back to where they were last year in terms of salary.

If you're going to post shit on here, at least do your research properly, you tory hag....

You fecking bellend, you mean you read it on the BBC website. I got my info from a doctor himself.

Regardless of you being wrong, the question remains the same - isn't it wrong to offer blanket pay rises?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NHS staff have been well and truly shafted. It's not as if they are really well paid to start with.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I wouldn't give them any pay rise, they are lucky to be in a job.
If they don't want to do it, feck off.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:I wouldn't give them any pay rise, they are lucky to be in a job.
Good luck at A+E Magoo!

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:I wouldn't give them any pay rise, they are lucky to be in a job.
Good luck at A+E Magoo!
I will fix myself, then get my Bupa card out.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A wealthy hospital benefactor was being shown around the hospital when, during her tour, she passed a room where a male patient was m*sturbating furiously.

"Oh my GOD!!" screamed the woman, "That's disgraceful!!! Why is he doing that?"

The doctor who was leading the tour calmly explained, "I'm very sorry that you were exposed to that, but this man has a serious condition where his testicles rapidly fill with semen, and if he doesn't do that at least 5 times a day, he'll be in extreme pain and his testicles could easily rupture".

Oh well, in that case, I guess it's ok." commented the woman. In the very next room, a male patient was lying in bed and it was obvious that a nurse was performing oral sex on him. Again, the woman screamed, "Oh my GOD!! How can THAT be justified?"

Again the doctor spoke very calmly, "Same illness but he's with BUPA"

" I got my info from a doctor himself."

How is the gender reassignment surgery going?

Remind me again, which way re you going - positive to negative or the other way round?

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

:biggrin:  :rofl: 
boltonbonce wrote:A wealthy hospital benefactor was being shown around the hospital when, during her tour, she passed a room where a male patient was m*sturbating furiously.

"Oh my GOD!!" screamed the woman, "That's disgraceful!!! Why is he doing that?"

The doctor who was leading the tour calmly explained, "I'm very sorry that you were exposed to that, but this man has a serious condition where his testicles rapidly fill with semen, and if he doesn't do that at least 5 times a day, he'll be in extreme pain and his testicles could easily rupture".

Oh well, in that case, I guess it's ok." commented the woman. In the very next room, a male patient was lying in bed and it was obvious that a nurse was performing oral sex on him. Again, the woman screamed, "Oh my GOD!! How can THAT be justified?"

Again the doctor spoke very calmly, "Same illness but he's with BUPA"
 :biggrin:  :rofl:

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Top one that BB!!
Rather fecks up the usual bullshit from the muck spreading cart.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Top one that BB!!

So you agree with me - people should earn pay rises?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who gives a fuck?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're all heart.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Thu Mar 13 2014, 22:35; edited 1 time in total

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Top one that BB!!

So you agree with me - people should earn pay rises?

Quite where I agreed with you would only be noticed by somebody smoking something stronger than Marlboro menthol!
I was merely congratulating a fellow poster on his ability to liven up a thread about more bullshit with a timely joke.
That simple enough for you to understand?
For somebody that likes to put themselves on a high pedestal you do like to emulate a gimp.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:

You're all heart.
 :biggrin:  Y did you edit it, come on don't be shy.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally, I have a lot of time for nurses. One of my sisters and my sister in law are both nurses at Townleys. They have to put up with an awaful lot of shit and very unsociable hours. They certainly are not raking it in as some would have you believe.

It's a bloody difficult job and certainly not one that I could do.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

You're all heart.
 :biggrin:  Y did you edit it, come on don't be shy.

I spelt your'e instead of you're. I blame the weed and the lateness of hour.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Nobody forced them to take the job, I agree its a difficult one, but the country is fucked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum