Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things that aren't really fair...

+2
Angry Dad
Bolton Nuts
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Things that aren't really fair... Empty Things that aren't really fair... Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:04

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Ginger mingers get a bad deal some of the time with name calling and such like. But is it ok for gingers to hit back at everyone else (albeit a feeble attempt) by launching their own hair care business that' "just for gingers"?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2174797/A-mother-daughter-tormented-bullies-ginger-hair-laugh-launched-business-exclusively--REDHEADS.html

Ok, so this is not just about red heads for me - it's about all things that are not fair.

For example, and I won't go into detail, a local cricket team was set up for Asian youths not far from me - I was sad to hear that a young white lad was turned away because the team was for the ethnic minorities in the area (even though the only minority really in the area was whites). What would have happened if someone set up a whites only team? Uproar, I am sure.

There are plenty of similar stories that also get my goat. Have you come across anything similar?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Things that aren't really fair... Empty Re: Things that aren't really fair... Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:22

Ladies only gyms.

3Things that aren't really fair... Empty Re: Things that aren't really fair... Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:24

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Yeah, ladies only gyms - pretty annoying. They should at least have a viewing area - or special cubicles for guys to go in alone and watch. (for scientific reasons of course)

4Things that aren't really fair... Empty Re: Things that aren't really fair... Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:27

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

life,s not fair. That asian thing racist or what? how can they get away with that? because they are asian for a start. The white heterosexual is totally discriminated against in this country.

5Things that aren't really fair... Empty Re: Things that aren't really fair... Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:36

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Oh don't get me started on this lot!

When I did my football coaching course I was discriminated against in a million ways. If I was under 21 I could get it for free. If I was considered an ethnic minority - free. Woman aged 16-50, free. If I had been released from prison in the last three years - free. Hard working, white, male, over 21 - over £200 (or so) for a 2 day course. Disgusting.

Then went and did some coaching - and a bit like the cricket thing above, an Asian team had been set up, funded by the local council - paid for the pitches, changing rooms, match fees, kits - everything. While every single other team I knew of had to collect match fees from the players and sponsors etc and pay their own contributions. (meanwhile the Asian guys are turning up in their fancy BMS's and Audis etc. Who decides these things?

(Sounds like I am racist but I am not - just think equality should be equal)

6Things that aren't really fair... Empty Re: Things that aren't really fair... Tue Jul 17 2012, 19:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Up until a few years ago the Yorkshire County cricket team never had a single Asian player in the first team. HTF can that be when the place is full of them ?

IIRC Dickie Bird mentioned it in his autobiography.

7Things that aren't really fair... Empty Re: Things that aren't really fair... Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:34

Reebok Trotter wrote:Up until a few years ago the Yorkshire County cricket team never had a single Asian player in the first team. HTF can that be when the place is full of them ?

Bolton Wanderers haven't got any Asian footballers. HTF can that be the place is full of them.

8Things that aren't really fair... Empty Re: Things that aren't really fair... Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

True, but football is not a traditional sport for young Asian males. They tend to be passionate about Cricket, Hockey and Squash.

Amir Khan turned out for a Wanderers eleven and wore the number 10 shirt for Jussi's testimonial but he is better off sticking to boxing.

9Things that aren't really fair... Empty Re: Things that aren't really fair... Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:42

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Amir Khan turned out for a Wanderers eleven and wore the number 10 shirt for Jussi's testimonial but he is better off sticking to boxing.

After last Saturday I wouldn't be so sure.

10Things that aren't really fair... Empty Re: Things that aren't really fair... Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:58

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

OneOinCoyle wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Up until a few years ago the Yorkshire County cricket team never had a single Asian player in the first team. HTF can that be when the place is full of them ?

Bolton Wanderers haven't got any Asian footballers. HTF can that be the place is full of them.

Ahem, LCY is Korean, That was in Asia the last time I looked.

11Things that aren't really fair... Empty Re: Things that aren't really fair... Tue Jul 17 2012, 23:11

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Err. Talk about unfair stuff. Not football nonsense!

12Things that aren't really fair... Empty Re: Things that aren't really fair... Wed Jul 18 2012, 15:35

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:Ginger mingers get a bad deal some of the time with name calling and such like. But is it ok for gingers to hit back at everyone else (albeit a feeble attempt) by launching their own hair care business that' "just for gingers"?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2174797/A-mother-daughter-tormented-bullies-ginger-hair-laugh-launched-business-exclusively--REDHEADS.html

Ok, so this is not just about red heads for me - it's about all things that are not fair.

For example, and I won't go into detail, a local cricket team was set up for Asian youths not far from me - I was sad to hear that a young white lad was turned away because the team was for the ethnic minorities in the area (even though the only minority really in the area was whites). What would have happened if someone set up a whites only team? Uproar, I am sure.

There are plenty of similar stories that also get my goat. Have you come across anything similar?

Is this the same Cricket club, which my parents live near, that was awarded a National Lottery funding to help promote minorities play the sport - but actually went into funding a nice smooth tarmac carpark which no one else can use (including those who play Sunday morning football on the neighbouring pitches) or the "normal" tennis club opposite - which had to independently raise money for improvements at every turn?????

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum