Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green bins.

+9
wanderlust
Cajunboy
Sluffy
DEANO82
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Green bins. Empty Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just paid out £30 for the privilege of having our green bin emptied this year.

They've sent me a sticker to put on the bin to prove I've paid,but I'm not happy about it.

Is this happening across the country? And will you be paying up?

2Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have no idea what you're on about, why do you have to pay?

3Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:50 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I have no idea what you're on about, why do you have to pay?
Here in Warrington we're having to pay £30 per year to have the green bins emptied. If your bin doesn't have a 'paid' sticker on it,it won't get emptied.
I was wondering if the same was happening everywhere else.

4Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

£47 per year for me

5Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:58 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:£47 per year for me
I'm sure they have a better class of garden waste in Bath. Very Happy

6Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:41 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There would be a riot if they tried to charge to collect rubbish at Whittam Towers.

7Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:52 pm

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Is this happening across the country? And will you be paying up?

No mention of a charge on the Lewisham Council site so I think we're in the clear. For now.

8Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:30 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Councils are becoming pathetic.

9Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:31 pm

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:I've just paid out £30 for the privilege of having our green bin emptied this year.

They've sent me a sticker to put on the bin to prove I've paid,but I'm not happy about it.

What stops other people from peeling the sticker off and sticking it to their bin? Or just stealing your bin?

10Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:31 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm surprised that Nick Peel and Clifford brown envelope Morris at the Bolton council are not all over this!

11Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:40 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I've just paid out £30 for the privilege of having our green bin emptied this year.

What stops other people from peeling the sticker off and sticking it to their bin? Or just stealing your bin?
The sticker has our address and account number on it. A few people are talking about sharing a bin.

12Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:50 pm

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:
DEANO82 wrote:

The sticker has our address and account number on it. A few people are talking about sharing a bin.
Can you not pay by direct debit. £2.50 a month.

13Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:52 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wasn't given that option. In fact,people who can't pay online have to pay £3 extra.

14Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Refuse collection is a statutory requirement and residential properties already pay for the service as part of the Council Tax.

I guess what people are paying for is some sort of additional service to that of domestic provision?

Domestic waste collected ultimately goes to landfill, where there is a tax (landfill tax appropriately enough) levied on every tonne deposited there.  The idea behind the tax is to get local authorities to concentrate on minimising domestic waste by means of increasing recycling collection - and thus reducing the tonnage going to landfill (and having to pat the tax on it).

If the reason you have a 'green bin' is to recycle normal household waste - such as paper and glass for instance, then I can't understand why you are being charged for the service?

If the council specifies a certain means of collection - such as a bin service - I would have thought they would provide the bins free of charge.

I'm sure there must be a reasonable explanation for the charge from the council but I have no idea what it is from what you have said?

Maybe the explanation is on your local council's website?

15Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:17 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The green bins are for garden waste only. Woe betide anyone who puts anything else in them.
Here's the full guff.

https://greenwaste.warrington.gov.uk/GardenwasteSubscription

16Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:The green bins are for garden waste only. Woe betide anyone who puts anything else in them.
Here's the full guff.

https://greenwaste.warrington.gov.uk/GardenwasteSubscription

Turn your bin upside down and use it as a composter.

Problem solved!

Very Happy

17Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:27 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good idea. Very Happy Wonder if I can get my money back?

18Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:42 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is why I would be pissed at having to pay this and it really is a bloody cheek.

I found out through a genuinely disabled group of people I know that cannot work and Bolton council have changed the requirements where those who are of working age and on benefits have to contribute 12.5% towards their council tax.

19Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I live in Poulton-le-Fylde which is in the Wyre Borough Council area.

This will be second year that we are being charged £30 for the  collection of the green bin for garden rubbish.

That is for one green bin, extra green bins are £25 each and must be supplied by Wyre Borough.

20Green bins. Empty Re: Green bins. Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:09 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:The green bins are for garden waste only. Woe betide anyone who puts anything else in them.
That makes a bit more sense. Here, green bins are for general waste and we can hire brown bins for garden waste (£45 a year) I'm thinking of getting one when the weather perks up because I get tons of garden waste and the cost is offset by not having to go to the tip 20 times a year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum