Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Insecure Password Warning

+2
boltonbonce
xmiles
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Insecure Password Warning Empty Insecure Password Warning Fri Mar 17 2017, 15:20

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The latest update in Firefox tells me that this site is insecure and warns me not to log on.

Any plans to make this site secure?

2Insecure Password Warning Empty Re: Insecure Password Warning Fri Mar 17 2017, 15:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Safe Web Report for:

Insecure Password Warning ?url=boltonnuts.co
boltonnuts.co.uk
Web Site Location   Insecure Password Warning Us  United States of America

Norton Rating

Insecure Password Warning Share_button

Norton Safe Web has analyzed boltonnuts.co.uk for safety and security problems.

Summary

Norton Safe Web found no issues with this site.

• Computer Threats: 0
  • Identity Threats: 0
  • Annoyance factors: 0

Total threats on this site: 0
The Norton rating is a result of Symantec's automated analysis system. Learn more
The opinions of our users are reflected separately in the community rating on the right.

Er..annoyance factor could be misguided. Very Happy

3Insecure Password Warning Empty Re: Insecure Password Warning Fri Mar 17 2017, 15:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:The latest update in Firefox tells me that this site is insecure and warns me not to log on.

It's just sluffy trying to cull the deadwood.

4Insecure Password Warning Empty Re: Insecure Password Warning Fri Mar 17 2017, 15:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:

Safe Web Report for:

Insecure Password Warning ?url=boltonnuts.co
boltonnuts.co.uk
Web Site Location   Insecure Password Warning Us  United States of America

Norton Rating

Insecure Password Warning Share_button

Norton Safe Web has analyzed boltonnuts.co.uk for safety and security problems.

Summary

Norton Safe Web found no issues with this site.

• Computer Threats: 0
  • Identity Threats: 0
  • Annoyance factors: 0

Total threats on this site: 0
The Norton rating is a result of Symantec's automated analysis system. Learn more
The opinions of our users are reflected separately in the community rating on the right.

Er..annoyance factor could be misguided. Very Happy
 Boggers mustn't have been logged in when you ran that Boncey  Very Happy

5Insecure Password Warning Empty Re: Insecure Password Warning Fri Mar 17 2017, 16:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

6Insecure Password Warning Empty Re: Insecure Password Warning Sat Mar 18 2017, 00:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

xmiles wrote:The latest update in Firefox tells me that this site is insecure and warns me not to log on.

Any plans to make this site secure?

Sorry mate, I've been out for most of the day and just seen this now.

As far as I am aware the site is as secure as it can be for this sort of thing but I've no doubt that if the 'big boys' out there in China, Russia or even the states, then they could hack into us in seconds if they wanted to.

If governments can't keep out other governments, then we have no chance have we really!

For what it is worth I keep my private email address and personal details completely separate from social media sites like this, so if we are ever hacked I have nothing of value to be taken.

Things like this DO happen - it was only the other day that ST was hacked - and they hold actual stuff like real names and addresses and bank details, etc.

I suggest if anyone doesn't do similar to what I do, then maybe you should consider setting up a separate email address and ask Karly if he would be kind enough to swop it for the one you use now, and thus add another layer of security between yourself and your personal stuff and any would be hackers.

After just saying all that though I think it only fair to point out that I've been on numerous social media sites for probably a dozen years or more and have never been hacked ever, as far as I know.

Indeed the only time I've known that my personal details had been compromised was when a council I worked for notified me that they had been hacked.

So if anything it seems to be safer on tiny sites like ours, where we simply don't hold any personal information on people whatsoever, than on big public and corporate sites that do!

If anyone has any worries whatsoever about security issues please contact Karly or BTID who will no doubt be happy to tell you all the technical stuff about how secure the site actually is.

7Insecure Password Warning Empty Re: Insecure Password Warning Sat Mar 18 2017, 00:41

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Thanks Sluffy.

8Insecure Password Warning Empty Re: Insecure Password Warning Sat Mar 18 2017, 00:51

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The ST got hacked "the other day"....?

I thought that was weeks ago. Have they been hacked again?

And it all came to nought because no personal data was leaked anyway.

Not Personal Trolling, just saying.

It's important that we report these facts accurately.

Otherwise we get ourselves into an orange-faced world of despots who use their influence to push agendas and re-write how events pan out in terms favourable to them.

Again, just saying...

9Insecure Password Warning Empty Re: Insecure Password Warning Sat Mar 18 2017, 01:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bread2.0 wrote:The ST got hacked "the other day"....?

I thought that was weeks ago. Have they been hacked again?

And it all came to nought because no personal data was leaked anyway.

Not Personal Trolling, just saying.

It's important that we report these facts accurately.

Otherwise we get ourselves into an orange-faced world of despots who use their influence to push agendas and re-write how events pan out in terms favourable to them.

Again, just saying...

No course you're not.

Rolling Eyes

10Insecure Password Warning Empty Re: Insecure Password Warning Sat Mar 18 2017, 01:29

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

FAKE NEWS!

I love the ST. They're great and I've always loved them - Bigly! 

They have the best people and I love them.

They're so smart, the smartest in fact.

In fact, I shall be holding a breakfast meeting with the ST at the Southern Bolton White House (A cafe in Sough) tomorrow to reinforce how much I love the ST.

And I shall tweet photos of how great it all was and how smiley I looked and how much Mike Smith loves me shortly thereafter.

He does love me. Why wouldn't he - I'm the best and I run the most glitzy forum out there and we have the facts to back that up.

God bless the ST and Nuts.

11Insecure Password Warning Empty Re: Insecure Password Warning Sat Mar 18 2017, 02:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bread2.0 wrote:FAKE NEWS!

Et cetera......

Pathetic, the ST reference wasn't even close to the main topic of my 20 line, 10 paragraph post - but of course you know that - yet you clearly decided to once again to troll me about it, simply because you think it winds me up.

Keep going mate, maybe one day you might actually get to me.

I doubt it ever happening though.

Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum