You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Things are starting to go wrong.

Things are starting to go wrong.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 14:34

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Is it a set age when annoying bits start playing up, in the last month I've started getting migraines. My right knee keeps clicking when I'm running, had to have a wisdom tooth out which they could not find anything wrong with.I keep waking up at 4am approx every morning and can't get back to sleep. I seem to be getting bored with sex. I am getting a angrier about minor stuff and been thinking about death a lot and would it be a good trip.

2Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 14:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
i was hardly ever ill before i reached 40 but since then lots of little things have gone wrong, nothing major but it is weird and annoying, the joys of getting older i'm afraid

3Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 14:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wait until you get to my age. I keep getting letters and emails from the Co-op,suggesting various funeral plans.
Then there are the 'How to make a will' letters.
Care Homes.
Shop mobility chairs.
The list is endless.
The latest was a mobile phone with huge numbers,for people like me,who are obviously myopic,and simple.

4Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 14:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Bonce, I'm sure you'll agree, that he's in for a delight when he reaches 60, and he gets an envelope and instructions on how to check for bowel cancer  Very Happy (I was feeling quite pleased, until I read that)

5Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 14:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:Bonce, I'm sure you'll agree, that he's in for a delight when he reaches 60, and he gets an envelope and instructions on how to check for bowel cancer  Very Happy (I was feeling quite pleased, until I read that)
I enjoy sending a sample through the post. My mate got the wrong end of the stick and sent the whole of his dump in a plastic container.

6Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:05

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Are Saga stalking you yet AD?

7Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@boltonbonce wrote:
@gloswhite wrote:Bonce, I'm sure you'll agree, that he's in for a delight when he reaches 60, and he gets an envelope and instructions on how to check for bowel cancer  Very Happy (I was feeling quite pleased, until I read that)
I enjoy sending a sample through the post. My mate got the wrong end of the stick and sent the whole of his dump in a plastic container.
I hope they had the courtesy to return the container  Smile

8Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:12

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Bloody Saga. They're as bad as the Readers Digest used to be.

9Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:15

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I'm penciled in for a CT scan at Townley's soon.

I've had hemiplegic migraines for over 35 years and it looks like they've taken there toll a bit on my central nervous system because I appear to have developed a kind of Neuropathy, hence the CT scan.

They thought I'd had a stroke at first.

And I only turned 47 on bastard Sunday. 

What's it going to be like when I'm as ancient as Bouncey?

10Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Hard news there mate, but when you get to Bonces age, you'll have your own carer, just like him  Very Happy

11Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:22

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:Bloody Saga. They're as bad as the Readers Digest used to be.
They stopped nagging me after about 5 years as I recall, but my God they were persistent. And surprisingly expensive.

12Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It goes like this. Very Happy

13Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Bread2.0 wrote:I'm penciled in for a CT scan at Townley's soon.

I've had hemiplegic migraines for over 35 years and it looks like they've taken there toll a bit on my central nervous system because I appear to have developed a kind of Neuropathy, hence the CT scan.

They thought I'd had a stroke at first.

And I only turned 47 on bastard Sunday. 

What's it going to be like when I'm as ancient as Bouncey?
Some big words there. Is it connected to diabetes?

Hope everything goes well mate.

14Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:35

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It can be a side-effect of Type 2 Diabetes but that's not what's causing mine because I am surprisingly Diabetes free.

It's not particularly debilitating and it's not obvious.

I've just got massively reduced sensation down my right hand side. 

And it feels a bit odd in bed at night when you can't feel your face on the pillow or your leg on the mattress. It's not that it's numb, more a sensation that there's nothing there.

It shit me up royally the first time it happened.

It's hard to articulate really.

15Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:44

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
It's a stabbing in the eye and front of head pain had it for two days with squiggly lines and vomiting,docs put me on Paramax. It's a terrible headache.

16Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:45

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@wanderlust wrote:Are Saga stalking you yet AD?
Very Happy

17Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:48

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Another thing either someone has adjusted my bike seat higher or I'm shrinking, but my lads do like a joke or two.

18Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We shrink as we get older Lard. It's very embarrassing when the bottom of your undershorts touch your feet.

19Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:56

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@boltonbonce wrote:We shrink as we get older Lard. It's very embarrassing when the bottom of your undershorts touch your feet.
Very Happy

20Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 16:00

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Doc says no more running as its damaging to the knees, I said but I see all these little old guys running, he says let's see what was your weight last check up.......

21Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 16:09

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Lard Lad wrote:It's a stabbing in the eye and front of head pain had it for two days with squiggly lines and vomiting,docs put me on Paramax. It's a terrible headache.

Not nice, is it?

35 fucking years I've had them.

The only advice I can give is go to bed, shut the curtains and try and sleep.

Good luck.

22Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 16:18

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Don't get me started , I could write a fucking book.

23Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Tue Mar 21 2017, 22:52

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@Bread2.0 wrote:
@Lard Lad wrote:It's a stabbing in the eye and front of head pain had it for two days with squiggly lines and vomiting,docs put me on Paramax. It's a terrible headache.

Not nice, is it?

35 fucking years I've had them.

The only advice I can give is go to bed, shut the curtains and try and sleep.

Good luck.
I actually thought I was about to kick it I never knew you could have a head pain like that without it being really serious my Gp neighbor diagnosed it as I wanted to go to hospital it was late at night. I hope it's not the start of them. He asked me what I'd eaten different, the only thing was Pilgrims Choice mature cheddar he said could be.

24Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Wed Mar 22 2017, 09:23

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
I used to suffer from really bad migraines as well. Before it arrived in full force I would suddenly get a blind spot. I would be reading something and part of the text would be blank, just in one spot. At this point I felt fine but knew that this was the signal to ready myself for what was to come. Less than half an hour later I would have the most debilitating headache and loads of vomiting. The only way to get rid would be to get my head down and try to fall asleep, which wasn't easy. A couple of hours later I'd wake up and although I felt rough, the migraine would thankfully have passed. 

The Doc reckoned it was triggered by certain lighting in a room. I personally wasn't convinced but he put me on some tablets, can't remember the name of then now, and I've been free of them ever since.

25Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Wed Mar 22 2017, 09:34

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Bwfc1958 wrote:I used to suffer from really bad migraines as well. Before it arrived in full force I would suddenly get a blind spot. I would be reading something and part of the text would be blank, just in one spot. At this point I felt fine but knew that this was the signal to ready myself for what was to come. Less than half an hour later I would have the most debilitating headache and loads of vomiting. The only way to get rid would be to get my head down and try to fall asleep, which wasn't easy. A couple of hours later I'd wake up and although I felt rough, the migraine would thankfully have passed. 

The Doc reckoned it was triggered by certain lighting in a room. I personally wasn't convinced but he put me on some tablets, can't remember the name of then now, and I've been free of them ever since.

Photo sensitivity is a common cause of hemiplegic migraine.

I used to suffer in summer if I suddenly went from bright sunshine to a dark room or vice versa.

It's all to do with the way your neurons fire in your brain apparently.

That and restricted blood flow through some of the very narrow vessels in your brain.

When I started with the permanent numbness business, I googled the UK's pre-eminent hemiplegic migraine specialist and dropped him a cheeky email to ask for his advice.

It turns out that there simply isn't enough known about them for anybody to make any informed judgments on why they happen or how to effectively treat the root causes.

He was very nice about it but he basically said, get a CT scan done and take it from there with your own consultant.

Int the brain a wonderful, complicated machine?

I'd be stuffed without mine.....

26Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Wed Mar 22 2017, 09:46

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Been reading about what causes the pain and it says blood rushes to fill little sacs in specific areas and they become so packed and hard that it's possible one or more could burst. Don't fancy that if it's correct.

27Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Wed Mar 22 2017, 10:51

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@gloswhite wrote:Bonce, I'm sure you'll agree, that he's in for a delight when he reaches 60, and he gets an envelope and instructions on how to check for bowel cancer  Very Happy (I was feeling quite pleased, until I read that)
Don't you just love them lolly sticks?!

28Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Wed Mar 22 2017, 10:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I wish they would find a cure for tinnitus. I've been plagued with it for years and I now wear hearing aids which do help to drown out the white noise. My eyesight went a few years ago and I now need glasses for reading. My hair hasn't receded, it's galloped and I have lost quite a few teeth but other than that I seem to be doing okay. I have found that the best way to stay healthy is to avoid visiting the doctor. They always seem to put the mockers on things.

29Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Wed Mar 22 2017, 12:09

okocha

okocha
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@boltonbonce wrote:I enjoy sending a sample through the post. My mate got the wrong end of the stick......
Ooh, messy and smelly! Don't shake hands with your mate, Bonce! Smile

30Things are starting to go wrong. Empty Re: Things are starting to go wrong. on Wed Mar 22 2017, 12:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Reebok Trotter wrote:I wish they would find a cure for tinnitus. I've been plagued with it for years and I now wear hearing aids which do help to drown out the white noise. My eyesight went a few years ago and I now need glasses for reading. My hair hasn't receded, it's galloped and I have lost quite a few teeth but other than that I seem to be doing okay. I have found that the best way to stay healthy is to avoid visiting the doctor. They always seem to put the mockers on things.
You're not selling yourself very well on Tinder RT Very Happy

I suffer from a mild form of tinnitus,which suddenly appeared after a bad dose of flu. I,like you was given a masker,but I didn't take to it.

It doesn't really bother me now,but it's always there.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum