Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Storm Clouds gather over the Macron - latest twitter spat!

+4
wanderlust
karlypants
Kane57
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yesterday a photographer, Paul Currie posted this stunning picture below on twitter.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The clouds gather over the Macron Stadium ahead of the game against @stokecity

Obviously such a great picture got retweeted and it caught the eye of Marc Iles who retweeted it himself with the following comment -

When a pic tells a thousand words...

Lee Anderson saw it and replied - Meaning?

Iles - Meaning lots to sort out Lee. EFL don't appear to be making life easy in a transfer embargo. Your thoughts?

LA - I think you should see a doctor for clinical depression mate .We are all very positive and looking forward to a smashing week you should be2

Iles - Looking forward to writing about a smashing week. Not sure you should make light of that kind of thing, though.

Seems to be daggers drawn between the two then - even though LA later posted this -

Just to clarify @MarcIles and I don't have a problem with each other . Let's talk football and get ready for the season #WeAreTogether and to which Iles replied - More than happy with that diagnosis, doctor...

Also on the same twitter thread some interesting comments from George Bower (who is no longer on the ST Board) and who is a professional in the corporate finance world)

George - Dean and Ken have had 18 months to sort out their business plan & financing. The lack of it speaks volumes. ED picked wrong buyers for club.

Some bloke replying - From what we we're lead to believe, there were no other buyers.

George - That's what we were told. Not what I've been told through people in the industry. Who to believe? There's others now too wanting to buy.

Bloke (Nigel Greenwood) - Not having any connections with the industry, but looking from the outside, I find that difficult to believe.

George - We have to make our own minds up. I personally know one potential buyer. What is it that makes it difficult to believe for you?

Bloke - Only other group to come forward were the supporters trust and they seem to have less cash than the Anderson's.

George - There was also an American group who got pushed to the side. The ST partner did have money but Birch (working for ED) told them DH preferred

George also gave his opinion on things aside from his chat with Nigel Greenwood.

This is his considered view -

Dean and Ken have had 18 months to sort out their business plan & financing. The lack of it speaks volumes. ED picked wrong buyers for club.

Creating spats & arguments has been a theme since last summer. Victim storyline is plausible to the uninitiated in business & Finance.

External funding needs club & owners to have capacity, character, collateral, and capital. The lack of a funded plan is linked to these.

Never boring being a Wanderers fan is it!

Very Happy

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You seem to get such joy from reposting these conversations at length and in excruciating detail when it's all online for people to see in a much more reader-friendly format.

I'm quite glad the club reporter and club aren't always best mates, makes for (I'd hope) less of a chance that that relationship would get in the way of a good story. It's why all the Ken defenders jump on him the minute he posts anything that could be read as being anti-Anderson.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sleep

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Obviously yeah, but it's his style isn't it - across a couple of forums.

Of more interest is the bit of snarling between Iles and Anderson. I know who's side I'm on.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was in relation to the first sentence in your post!

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You don't say.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Sleep

+1

Chris, you might be an avid twitterer (although I've just popped on to look at your account and it says it doesn't exist?) but that doesn't mean everybody else is, or even have such an interest to follow through the follow up of what people go on to say.

When we set Nuts up it was for the reason of sharing Bolton NEWS and at the same time hopefully having a laugh.

Even in the few years that we've been going the way we (the public) obtain our news has shifted away from the more traditional Bolton (Evening) News reports and whatever the NewsNow (collation service) site reported, through reporting what people on other sites claimed they were ITK about, and following the likes of Nixon on twitter, to following the likes of Iles and Lee Anderson 'off the record' briefings (and spats) via twitter.

I've posted up numerous tweets from Nixon, Iles and Anderson on Nuts in the past without any comment from you or anyone else.

I started this particular thread because I thought it was funny, was relevant to the club (particularly Bower's professional insights) and people might enjoy hearing a bit of what is going on if they were not regular twitter users.

I honestly don't think there is any difference posting this thread as it is of any of the numerous articles we do of Iles in the BN or Anderson on the clubs official site - as both could be read at the original sites as well.  

All I/we are doing is trying to put all the news into one place were we can share it, discuss it and maybe have a laugh or two about it.

Saying that I would dearly love to develop Nuts further by knowing how we could host videos from Facebook and the BBC/Sky so that I could post up other 'news' for Nuts readers to see for themselves such as Iles 'Wednesday' Facebook video's or the match day goals (rather than wait for the club to put them on to YouTube) - and thus continue to improve Nuts more for us ALL - even you.

So, I thank you for your comments, note what you have said but believe that you may once again you have grabbed hold of the wrong end of the stick to beat me with.

PS, thank you for removing the 'blocking' of Nuts from the LoV twitter site.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ok. 

Where do you stand on the Iles/Anderson debate?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Noted George Bower's concerns about the Andersons and I have commented before about the slow progress in sorting out the finances and apparent absence of potential investors with the wherewithal to take us to the next level.

Still there are no hard facts but I have to agree that I have doubts about Ken's motivation at times, specifically that it appears his focus is more on consolidating his control over the club so that he will maximise personal profit when he finally does sell the club rather than getting in the outside investment we need as a priority.

I hope it's not true but the way he's played his cards so far suggests it's a possibility.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Anderson is the club owner and doing whatever he is doing to protect his interests and investment in the club and Iles is a likeable, provincial paid employee of the town's newspaper who has missed several whopping story's in the recent past and seemingly is friendlier to some people more than others.

Im glad sluffy posts this stuff.  I dont often get time to look so a brief description on here is great.  Keep it sluffy.  Ignore the twonk.

Anyway, those who do want to read a good spat.  Go on twitter and look for drmarwank.  After the rugby yesterday a girl wished two wigan players gave each other aids and everyone in wigan to die a horrible death.

Then claims a few hours later she was hacked.  Marwan jumped straight on it and banned her from the club.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't use twitter so i find it informative for what it's worth.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Aye. Twitter is the thinking mans facebook so Sluffy's doing okay with reporting stuff he deems good for us. And HTF is "Clouds over the Macron" so newsy. There's always clouds over the Macron, even when it's sunny.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Some of us don't get the tweets, so Sluffy is giving us a nice service to go along with his generous time of running the site. So thank you Sluffy!

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:Noted George Bower's concerns about the Andersons and I have commented before about the slow progress in sorting out the finances and apparent absence of potential investors with the wherewithal to take us to the next level.

Still there are no hard facts but I have to agree that I have doubts about Ken's motivation at times, specifically that it appears his focus is more on consolidating his control over the club so that he will maximise personal profit when he finally does sell the club rather than getting in the outside investment we need as a priority.

I hope it's not true but the way he's played his cards so far suggests it's a possibility.

The time will come when he has to choose between what is best for him and what is best for us. Just have to hope that we can get both sides as close to one another when that finally happens.

His desire to give away his portion of the club and stay on as a well paid chairman is testament to his own ego but would anyone complain if he did? Not sure at the moment. His daily brainfarts seem to resonate with many.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Kane57 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Noted George Bower's concerns about the Andersons and I have commented before about the slow progress in sorting out the finances and apparent absence of potential investors with the wherewithal to take us to the next level.

The time will come when he has to choose between what is best for him and what is best for us. Just have to hope that we can get both sides as close to one another when that finally happens.

His desire to give away his portion of the club and stay on as a well paid chairman is testament to his own ego but would anyone complain if he did? Not sure at the moment. His daily brainfarts seem to resonate with many.

KA is just doing what any good businessman does... consolidate and balance the books... put out the best product for the money... and then sell for a profit. Not sure if you can fault any of his moves so far. Why would he throw money into the team until Deano and his usurious loan are dead and buried. If anyone should fall under the knife, it should be Deano who wants to walk away with a million pounds for putting the deal together and at the same time paying a usurious percentage to his backer. Without knowing if there were any additional or potential buyers, KA saved the club and for my money, is entitled to make a profit. His best play is to stay up this year, get control and then sell 49% to a foreign concern who wants to pay for first tier football and is willing to put money behind that effort. If he does all of that, then he is entitled to reap the rewards, as we as fans, will reap the joy of possibly returning to first tier football. How this has played out has been dreadful for all the fans and players. We can't purchase what we need for the season until SportsShield settles... and that's on DeanO... not KA to our knowledge. But the PR that KA puts out, is downright spot on businesswise. It's sensible to make the club run breakeven. In the long run, KA will make a fortune, but so do many businesspeople who save companies like ours.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:Some of us don't get the tweets, so Sluffy is giving us a nice service to go along with his generous time of running the site.  So thank you Sluffy!

Thanks for the kind words Obs, and everyone else.

Karly and BTID are really the ones who do the lions share of running the site, I just chip in with bits and pieces when I can.

I don't really do Twitter personally, I don't even have my own account but I do use the Nuts twitter account to follow those who do seem to be informed about what is going on at the club - mainly to be truthful Lee Anderson and Marc Iles.

So when this particular storm in a teacup brewed up I simply thought I would let non twitterers to be aware of the two and fro between the two.

I think Anderson is obviously into the club to make a profit for himself and is doing that by making us a better proposition for others to invest him.

I like Iles but I think he is a bit one dimensional and can't see the bigger picture about what Anderson is doing.

As for the ST I fully believed that most of them wanted to gain ownership of the club to the detriment of Anderson - which in turn would be to the detriment of the club itself.

Time will tell if I'm correct about the three of them.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It's certainly a brilliant photo

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Them clouds seem to have a silver lining, so there is hope yet. Keep the faith fellas!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well it seems another storm cloud gathered over the Macron today!

The LoV for some reason decided to tweet this at half time -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Much to this dislike of Lee Anderson who tweeted back -

Every1new where I was except YOU ill informed BLocked keyboard warrior sitesDon't know what the beef is lads got you promotion now the champ

Lee's twitter brought forth a deluge of bile against the LoV from the twitter world!

As an aside, although Chris Manning WASN'T party to this today it seems he's decided to leave twitter - or at least his 113,000 twitter account (or whatever the number was) can no longer be found under his old user name.

I for one am looking forward to him using some of his free time away from twitter to post more on here - I hope he does anyway.

He can be quite funny when he wants to be and we do need a new pantomime villain on here!

Seriously though Chris, please do join in with us a bit more if you would like to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum