Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So we're going to storm the league then

+2
boltonbonce
Hip Priest
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I never go to pre-season friendlies and know nowt about the new lads we've acquired apart from their names.
Please could some kind soul give me a short summary of what and who to look out for on Saturday.
What have people seen that makes us so much better than last season.
Everyone I have spoken to who went to these matches said they were really impressed. I'm not being cynical or doubting them I would just appreciate it if someone could update me on what I've missed.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This young Charlton fan has some good insights on the coming season, and predicts second spot for The Whites. I'll happily take that.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We deffo need the automatic promotion place and not the play off place bollocks again!

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thanks Bonce. That young Charlton fan really seems to know his onions.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We certainly have the potential to "storm the league" but there are so many variables in place that it's impossible to know ATM. I'm confident we can at least make the playoffs again from what I've seen but there are a couple of nagging doubts about winning it. Injuries for a start. Seems like in each position, Evatt has players who have different assets and he says it allows him to set up differently depending on the opposition - so that by definition means they are not "like for like" and therefore injuries to some players may weaken and/or limit us. Then there are a few handy looking teams who will be challenging. We need to start games better too - seems to take us a while to get going if the preseason is anything to go by.
On the other side of the coin I have lots of confidence in Evatt ATM and we seem to have a better approach to attacking in particular - the team has evolved and can play some great stuff when it comes together. Ultimately, storming the league or not will come down to avoiding injuries and how consistently we can play at our best - because at our best we're as good as anyone in this league.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:This young Charlton fan has some good insights on the coming season, and predicts second spot for The Whites. I'll happily take that.

Good insight there by this lad Bonce and I don’t think those predictions will be far off. I think the top eight pretty much picks itself and the only question will be who can sustain the pressure. Obviously injuries, loss of form, suspensions and so many other things can affect a club over a season so it’s really difficult to predict. 

Can the players signed fit in at their new clubs, what system will the manager play? All of these things matter but for me both ourselves and Derby seem to have retained the core of their teams and will be the best placed to succeed. I’m really comfortable where we are and if IE can still bring in those one or two players that can make a difference I see no reason we can’t win the league. I think we just have such a strong squad now and with the likes of Morley, Sheehan and Dempsey another year further working together I expect us to push on well from last year.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

All clubs start the season with a positive attitude. We have to go into Saturday with a mindset of they should not be on the pitch with us.
I would say we are too strong for most in league one barre teams like Derby etc. 
One game at a time obviously. Dropping points to teams like Lincoln cost us last season - we need to be ruthless.
COYWM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum