Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views.

+35
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
Whitesince63
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Banks of the Croal
sunlight
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
Nigelbwfc
wessy
RustyNail
rammywhite
Cajunboy
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
observer
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
DEANO82
Growler
okocha
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 50]

761OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed May 26 2021, 09:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Forest Green v Newport second leg was a cracking game- check it out if you haven’t seen it.

762OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed May 26 2021, 09:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Forest Green v Newport second leg was a cracking game- check it out if you haven’t seen it.
It was. Thought they might call it off at one point due to the ball holding up on the sodden pitch. FGR are said to have the best pitch in League 2, so they got through it. Must be the seaweed they feed it. Very Happy

763OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun May 30 2021, 15:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone watch the Champions League final? I thought Citeh sent out the wrong team but Chelsea deserved it over the 90 minutes. I know quite a few City fans and they were puzzled about no Fernadinho or Rodri and playing Gundogan as a holding midfielder. Not sure why Sterling started either as he has been poor for a while now and i just hope he doesn't start for England in the Euro's.

A lot of praise for Kante deservedly but thought James did very well.

764OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun May 30 2021, 20:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

City didn't turn up. No idea what Pep was doing tinkering like that. One shot on target wasn't it?

Poor.

765OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon May 31 2021, 00:58

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Citeh fans make me laugh. They are the "best football side in the world by a country mile" when they win, and Pep is a genius. When they lose they are still "the best side in the world by a country mile" but Pep's tinkering is "costing this club trophies."
I spend a lot of time on Blue Moon when they lose because it's so entertaining. When they lost the derby at home to United it was Pep's fault for playing Rodri and Gundogan in the same team, being too conservative and negative against "the shittest rags side in years." because he left out too many of their skillful ball playing attacking players."
After last night it's "How the hell could we go into an important match like this without a defensive midfielder like Rodri or Fernandinho in the side."
"This one's on Pep" Smile

766OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon May 31 2021, 08:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:Citeh fans make me laugh. They are the "best football side in the world by a country mile" when they win, and Pep is a genius. When they lose they are still "the best side in the world by a country mile" but Pep's tinkering is "costing this club trophies."
I spend a lot of time on Blue Moon when they lose because it's so entertaining. When they lost the derby at home to United it was Pep's fault for playing Rodri and Gundogan in the same team, being too conservative and negative against "the shittest rags side in years." because he left out too many of their skillful ball playing attacking players."
After last night it's "How the hell could we go into an important match like this without a defensive midfielder like Rodri or Fernandinho in the side."
"This one's on Pep" Smile
Trevor Sinclair was on talkSport this morning suggesting that KDB didn't play well because he doesn't function well in hot conditions. Razz
He also said the Chelsea keeper was a nine out of ten. Really? He barely had a thing to do.

767OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Jun 01 2021, 23:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I sure hope The Shrimps are playing us next year.
After watching the outrageous dive that gave Morecambe the penalty, I was hoping Newport would come back into it as they were absolutely robbed.

768OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Jun 03 2021, 04:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3 ex-Wanderers going to the Euros:
Adam Bogdan is Hungary's 3rd choice goalie so probably won't get a game. Mind you they're in a group with France Germany and Portugal so they might pick 3 goalies Smile

Slovakia have picked both Vladimir Weiss and Jan Gregus - the latter played for our development squad but went on to win the Danish league and cup with Copenhagen and is now in the MLS.

769OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Nov 04 2021, 01:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just enjoyed watching the highlights of Fulham 7 Blackburn 0.

Can't think why.

770OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jan 29 2022, 12:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just a comment on two managers - both former top players at the beginning of their managerial careers.

Frank Lampard has just been offered the Everton job. On paper his record is excellent. He took Derby County to the brink of promotion only losing in the playoff final to Villa. Both clubs had bet the farm on promotion but when Derby didn't make it, Frank moved on to Chelsea and the galaxy of stars at their disposal and perhaps his greatest achievement was to bring through a host of young players, most of whom have made the grade. But in both cases he's had massive funds at his disposal - and it could be argued that he was - at least in part - responsible for Derby's current financial problems.

Compare that to Wayne Rooney. When Derby didn't get promoted, Mason Mount went back with Frank to Chelsea and as the extent of their overspend came to light, player after player was disposed of and they were given a 21 point penalty. Hopeless situation you might think, but Rooney, who doesn't need the hassle, stuck with them through thick and thin. Unable to buy players or renew existing contracts his hands are tied but what a job he's done. Without the points deduction they'd be comfortably mid table and there's no doubt he's got the absolute best out the players he's got left. Moreover his loyalty and leadership have united the town and even as the ship sinks around them, Derby fans are unwavering in their support for and confidence in Rooney. I never imagined that Wayne Rooney of all people would be able to do that.

Two young managers - but I know which one I'd prefer.

771OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jan 29 2022, 12:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not what the snidey SKD and Iles thinks is it?

772OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jan 29 2022, 13:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's just sour grapes.

773OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Jan 29 2022, 13:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:That's just sour grapes.

Sums the both of them up to me.

774OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Jan 30 2022, 00:27

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

775OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Feb 21 2022, 16:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

This made me laugh!

Romelu Lukaku: Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel says 'not time to laugh about' striker

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel said "it is not the time to laugh about" Romelu Lukaku after the £97.5m striker's recent struggles.

Lukaku only touched the ball seven times in Saturday's 1-0 win over Crystal Palace, the lowest number any player has managed in a 90-minute Premier League appearance since at least 2003, when that data was first recorded.

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 _123338427_lukaku
Romelu Lukaku's touch map in 90 minutes against Crystal Palace, including taking the kick-off and no touches in the opposition box

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60468407

776OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Feb 22 2022, 14:07

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That lad is the most expensive donkey of all time based on all the transfer fees added together.  Yet somebody will fork over another fee for him soon enough. Just more football madness IMO.

777OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Feb 22 2022, 16:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:That lad is the most expensive donkey of all time based on all the transfer fees added together.  Yet somebody will fork over another fee for him soon enough. Just more football madness IMO.
Agree with the price tag madness bit, but he's a good striker and I'd have him in our team anytime. It's just that nobody in that team passes to him despite him getting into good positions. Perhaps that works as a decoy for the rest of them?
Just think Chelsea is the wrong team for him.

778OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Feb 27 2022, 11:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bielsa leaves Leeds!

779OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Feb 28 2022, 08:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Bielsa leaves Leeds!
Not really surprising after recent performances, he just wouldn't change the way his team plays and it's cost him his job. I watched the 4-0 against Spurs and it could have been double that, they were clueless at the back and had very little going forward.

780OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 39 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Feb 28 2022, 09:47

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So murderball didn’t work after all then? Wasn’t Bielsa one of Evatt’s role models?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum