Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views.

+35
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
Whitesince63
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Banks of the Croal
sunlight
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
Nigelbwfc
wessy
RustyNail
rammywhite
Cajunboy
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
observer
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
DEANO82
Growler
okocha
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 50]

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Used to do a lot of walking up there, and I was saddened to learn that Winfields outdoor clothing shop has closed. Bought quite a bit of stuff in there in the past.
Proper Lancastrians Barrow folk and proud of it, or at least they used to be before some twe*p decided otherwise and decided that they weren’t and that Boltonians were to be identified as Mancs. 
Still better to be a Cumbrian than a Manc in my book.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Warrington used to be in Lancashire. Whenever I send Christmas or birthday cards to folk back in Bolton, I still put Lancs. Always gets there.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Warrington used to be in Lancashire. Whenever I send Christmas or birthday cards to folk back in Bolton, I still put Lancs. Always gets there.
Pleased to hear it Boncey. Me too

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's nine years since the Fabrice Muamba drama at White Hart Lane. Seems like yesterday.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:It's nine years since the Fabrice Muamba drama at White Hart Lane. Seems like yesterday.
Remember being in a car and someone putting on the radio and listening to what was going on and i remember being massively shocked.

The game when he was introduced to the crowd when he recovered was very emotional for everyone and will live long in the memory as well

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Looks like all the results went in out favour tonight. Cheltenham lost to Barrow, Newport lost,  Salford drew
And Carlisle drew!

They can still overhaul us by winning their games in hand but as a result of that draw with Mansfield they can only go ahead on GD rather than points.

Exeter is the other team that can overhaul us by winning their games in hand but it's a good sign that some fans are now looking up rather than over the shoulder.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:It's nine years since the Fabrice Muamba drama at White Hart Lane. Seems like yesterday.
We were there:- the whole ground fell eerily silent apart from one or two sobs to our left....impossible to forget....

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Another pretty good result for us this evening as bottom club, Grimsby, hold Tranmere to a goalless draw!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just days after lifting the papa John trophy, Salford sack Richie Wellens. 
Ambitious and big spending, they’ve slipped in the league and I get the impression only promotion will be good enough for their owners.
Unfortunately we have to play them next month so hoping there’s no “new manager bounce”

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well the City vs PSG game last night was the ultimate game of 2 halves. PSG were great in the first half but City battered them in the second. They pressed them high and never gave PSG a minute.

Good odds on it being an all English final this year i reckon.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Well the City vs PSG game last night was the ultimate game of 2 halves. PSG were great in the first half but City battered them in the second. They pressed them high and never gave PSG a minute.

Good odds on it being an all English final this year i reckon.
Both City goals were a bit lucky, but they didn't give PSG a sniff in the second half. And the red card was well deserved.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Both City goals were a bit lucky, but they didn't give PSG a sniff in the second half. And the red card was well deserved.
yes that tackle was nasty. Their histrionics later trying to get KDB sent off was appalling as well.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
yes that tackle was nasty. Their histrionics later trying to get KDB sent off was appalling as well.
Neymar of all people telling him to get up. Hilarious.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Take a minute to watch this......sickening! What is to be done??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56949358

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keith Hill sacked by Tranmere

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Keith Hill sacked by Tranmere
Chairman says sacking Hill is their best hope of promotion in the play offs. Shocked

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very strange timing IMO.
Noticed Vaughn made an appearance in the last half hour of their game against Colchester so he's back from injury and could be the difference if he partners with Nuggy in the playoffs.

Vaughn has been right up there with Mullin as the most prolific scorer this season having only played 29 games and scored 18.

If Vaughn is fit and firing I fancy Tranmere to be in with a chance. Unfortunately.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They'll look pretty silly if the don't do it. Or should I say when. Very Happy

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I sure hope The Shrimps are playing us next year.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I sure hope The Shrimps are playing us next year.
They deserve to.

Which sadly means nothing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum