Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views.

+35
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
Whitesince63
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Banks of the Croal
sunlight
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
Nigelbwfc
wessy
RustyNail
rammywhite
Cajunboy
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
observer
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
DEANO82
Growler
okocha
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 50]

721OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Feb 25 2021, 13:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Only when you get caught Cheating the Revenue
I used to work for a bloke who kept two sets of books. It was all beyond me, but he got caught out in the end.

722OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Feb 25 2021, 14:15

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I used to work for a bloke who kept two sets of books. It was all beyond me, but he got caught out in the end.
Did he claim he was innocent because he thought that's what double entry bookkeeping meant?

723OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Mar 01 2021, 23:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched my new favourite German team St Pauli beat Hamburg in the derby tonight, 1-0 to the boys in Brown  Very Happy

724OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Mar 03 2021, 15:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Saw this article about James Weir on the BBC website, now playing in Slovakia!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56120263

725OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Mar 07 2021, 14:00

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Does anyone else here want Big Sam to keep West Brom up? I don’t particularly like West Brom but can’t help wanting Sam to succeed again.

726OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Mar 07 2021, 14:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Does anyone else here want Big Sam to keep West Brom up? I don’t particularly like West Brom but can’t help wanting Sam to succeed again.
Would have like him to succeed, but it was as tough an ask as he's had. And today's draw with Newcastle doesn't bode well.
He's bitten off more than even he can chew this time.

727OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Mar 07 2021, 15:09

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Would have like him to succeed, but it was as tough an ask as he's had. And today's draw with Newcastle doesn't bode well.
He's bitten off more than even he can chew this time.
Ah. I hadn’t noticed just how far they are behind

728OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Mar 07 2021, 15:59

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

finlaymcdanger wrote:Does anyone else here want Big Sam to keep West Brom up? I don’t particularly like West Brom but can’t help wanting Sam to succeed again.
Yes, I've no feelings for West Brom but have found myself following their results since Sam  took the job. 
I even listened to most of the match on the radio today. West Brom had the best chances but lacked the firepower to capitalise on them.  Sam will need a miracle to keep them up.

729OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Mar 07 2021, 16:39

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fulham have beaten Liverpool 1-0, so now have the same number of points (26) as Brighton.

West Brom and Sheffield United look doomed.

730OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Mar 07 2021, 17:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes I wanted Allardyce to do well but I think he's had it this time!

I'm not a great follower of football other than for Bolton but what has happened to Liverpool?

They had been imperious with a string of 68 unbeaten home league games until Burnley beat them in January and have now lost their sixth on the trot!

They have not kept a clean sheet at home since 6 December while they are yet to score a goal in open play at home in 2021.

I know they have had a number of defenders injured but they've got a big enough squad and the January window to deal with that so it seems something more to it to me?

I've never been a big Liverpool fan and thought they were completely overbearing when they did eventual win the title last year but it looks as though they've imploded for some reason and may not even end the season in the top four.

Hard to believe after the season they had last year and no major transfers out since then.

..dunno..

731OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Mar 07 2021, 18:58

Cajunboy wrote:
Yes, I've no feelings for West Brom but have found myself following their results since Sam  took the job. 
I even listened to most of the match on the radio today. West Brom had the best chances but lacked the firepower to capitalise on them.  Sam will need a miracle to keep them up.

Me too, would have loved to see him do it. The squads not good enough though, I’m surprised he didn’t sign a defender in January given how poor they are it’s not like him at all. 

I wonder if he’s been told he’s got next season to get them back up.

732OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Mar 08 2021, 08:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big Sam will retire at the end of the season i'm betting as he won't keep WBA up and i don't think the fans would want him back for a promotion push next season.

733OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Mar 11 2021, 18:12

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Yes I wanted Allardyce to do well but I think he's had it this time!

I'm not a great follower of football other than for Bolton but what has happened to Liverpool?

They had been imperious with a string of 68 unbeaten home league games until Burnley beat them in January and have now lost their sixth on the trot!

They have not kept a clean sheet at home since 6 December while they are yet to score a goal in open play at home in 2021.

I know they have had a number of defenders injured but they've got a big enough squad and the January window to deal with that so it seems something more to it to me?

I've never been a big Liverpool fan and thought they were completely overbearing when they did eventual win the title last year but it looks as though they've imploded for some reason and may not even end the season in the top four.

Hard to believe after the season they had last year and no major transfers out since then.

..dunno..
The no major transfers is a big part of the problem for Liverpool. Their first choice 11 are probably the best club team in Europe but the back ups especially in defence simply don't have the quality you would expect. In truth they've had some bad luck with injuries but also a big knock to their confidence as players have either taken longer to recover from injuries than expected or not as yet recovered at all. Wendy believes that Fenway are basically choking Klopp when it comes to the funds needed to build a full squad of top class players rather than simply a bunch of reserves who aren't up to the task on a sustained basis.

By that she means Liverpool's back ups might do OK in say the EFL Cup or FA Cup but they can't compete week in week out in the Prem the way the normal starters can. She's especially critical of Fenway for the fact that Liverpool's own website along with practically every fan forum going all identified a huge need for defensive strengthening last summer and that while the first choice strikers are world class none of the second string are anywhere near as good. They aren't saying the back ups are bad players, just not good enough for the size of the club and its fans expectations now.

734OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Mar 11 2021, 18:14

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

Me too, would have loved to see him do it. The squads not good enough though, I’m surprised he didn’t sign a defender in January given how poor they are it’s not like him at all. 

I wonder if he’s been told he’s got next season to get them back up.
No TROY, he wanted a defender, in fact he allegedly wanted three new first team players but the WBA board refused to sanction the expenditure. That's according to the Birmingham Mail by the way.

735OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Mar 15 2021, 06:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure if anyone’s been following Atletico Bilbao’s fortunes in the Copa del Rey but they could win the Spanish Cup twice in April.
The all-Basque club reached the 2019/20 final but it was delayed because of Covid and they’ve reached the 2020/21 final too - also scheduled for April.

Two cups in as many weeks would be an achievement.

736OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Mar 16 2021, 18:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

737OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Mar 16 2021, 21:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like all the results went in out favour tonight. Cheltenham lost to Barrow, Newport lost,  Salford drew

738OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Mar 17 2021, 07:56

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Great result for Barrow. Here's hoping they survive the cut.

739OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Mar 17 2021, 08:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Used to do a lot of walking up there, and I was saddened to learn that Winfields outdoor clothing shop has closed. Bought quite a bit of stuff in there in the past.

740OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 37 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Mar 17 2021, 10:24

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Use a 
boltonbonce wrote:Used to do a lot of walking up there, and I was saddened to learn that Winfields outdoor clothing shop has closed. Bought quite a bit of stuff in there in the past.
Sorry for double post

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Wed Mar 17 2021, 10:28; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum