Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A word from Breadman.

+9
Kane57
gloswhite
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
Norpig
boltonbonce
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1A word from Breadman. Empty A word from Breadman. Thu Sep 14 2017, 17:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This arrived from Breaders this evening. I post it in full.

Afternoon matey,

Hope you're ok. 

I've just had a scan through Nuts and saw that you said you've got a few personal bits and bobs to deal with at the mo, and I hope everything's ok and it's nothing too sinister. I'm not prying, I just hope everything's ok, mate.

And cheers for the thread about yours truly. As you've already surmised, I'm not really interested in coming back and you can copy and paste this bit by way of an explanation if you like:

I used to love contributing to Nuts. I put a lot of effort into trying to write funny stuff which would hopefully put a smile on peoples' faces. And I'm happy to admit that I possibly strayed too far over the boundary of what could be deemed appropriate on occasion but that's just me.

However, some of the moderation decisions made me start to question whether it was worth bothering.

I was hung out to dry for supposedly dragging one of the mods' partners into the debate and it was deemed a personal attack. It wasn't. I apologised at the time but stand by what I said. I didn't abuse the person in question and I am still to this day scratching my head at some of the comments posted by the site's admin team about it all.

And that was the beginning of the end for me.

I have absolutely no doubt that a lot of good work is done by decent people behind the scenes at Nuts for precious little reward. Without them, there would be no Nuts. However, if they continue with their seemingly arbitrary moderation policy and public attacks on contributors, the site can go only one way. Down.

But I honestly can't see that changing anytime soon because of the characters involved. Believe it or not, I do not have a personal vendetta against Sluffy but his lack of self-awareness when criticising others for doing precisely the same things he does is beyond the pale and it's not something I can idly sit by and watch without commenting.

And that's what got me banned.

So thanks to everyone who's asked about me. I particularly hope Rammy's doing ok after his recent traumas and that was the one time in recent months when I regretted being banned from the site because I wanted to offer him my best.

I've got no plans to come back, cap in hand, grovelling to be let back in, as life's too short for that and as I kept getting told, "it's only the internet afterall" so I'm not taking it too seriously and am perfectly happy where I am now.

We've bought a place in Spain and the plan is to sell up and move over there full time at some point in the next couple of years.

I'll always keep a weather eye on Nuts and I offer everyone sincere best wishes for the future but you won't be hearing from me again anytime soon.

Adios,

Dave Bread.

2A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 08:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A real shame, say hello to Breaders from me next time you are in contact please Boncey

3A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 09:07

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:A real shame, say hello to Breaders from me next time you are in contact please Boncey

Bonce,

If you are in contact with Bredders - please thank him for his concern and good wishes for a speedy return to health after my recent surgery. I appreciate his good wishes.
I'm slowly getting back to normal and hope to be at the next home game if everything keeps on improving

Rammy

4A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 14:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I won't need to boys. He keeps a weather eye on Nuts,and will be well aware of your,or anyone else's good wishes.
It is a real shame. He's an intelligent,and very funny poster,of long standing. Acerbic,yes,but always relevant and entertaining.
As it stands,there's a Bumchum vacancy. Start pitching.

5A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 14:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:As it stands,there's a Bumchum vacancy. Start pitching.

Why don't you use your last marketing poster that hooked Norpig and KP?

A word from Breadman. BumChumsBriefs

6A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 14:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Believe it or not,that IS Norpig and KP.

7A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 14:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

did you not know me and KP are twins?  Laughing

8A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 14:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bet they can guess which one is you Norpig.

9A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 14:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i don't know what you mean Boncey, i abstain from all contact with little norpig at the moment due to overuse and friction burns

10A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 14:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need to think carefully. Replacing Breadman won't be easy. We don't want to elect our own version of little Sammy Lee.

11A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 14:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Believe it or not,that IS Norpig and KP.

The two balls he's holding?

12A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 14:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Believe it or not,that IS Norpig and KP.

The two balls he's holding?
I'm afraid it's Cedric and Cecil in there Nat.

13A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 14:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Message to Bread.

If you've truly got fed up of Nuts then fair enough, otherwise stop being a wuss, suck up what you didn't like and get your sorry arse back on here.

It isn't about being seen to be a winner or a loser in life, its about having a laugh on a piddly little internet footy forum.

You don't like me, or the way I post - boo hoo!

I'm not going to change and I doubt very much you will either but if you can manage to cut out the incessant personal abuse there's no reason why we couldn't just about tolerate each other.

It might well end in tears but I don't bear grudges and if I'm prepared to give you another chance, then at least have the balls to give it another go too.

If you think Nuts is going to fold without you - then you are very wrong - but Nuts is more of a fun place with you aboard than not.

So how about it?

14A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 15:24

If breaders is free to come back with certain limitations in place, what about scott

15A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 15:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:If breaders is free to come back with certain limitations in place, what about scott

I've no problem if Scott wanted to come back with the same limitations.

16A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 15:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't say i would be too keen on Scott coming back but it would only be fair if Breaders can come back.

17A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 15:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure the phrase certain limitations is going to help, just say they are allowed to come back but as soon as they step out of line they go again

18A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 15:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I quite like Scott. I'd like to hear his views on Canelo v GGG.

19A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 15:40

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Come on bread, now is the time. I don't give a shit if you don't have fun posting anymore, it's not about you, it's about us. Do it for us you selfish bastard.  Very Happy

20A word from Breadman. Empty Re: A word from Breadman. Fri Sep 15 2017, 15:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i see the buggers at Box nation have made it a pay per view  Mad

Thought i had it for free as i get box nation free because i have BT sport and internet

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum