Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Electric and Driverless cars

+4
Norpig
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
Angry Dad
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Electric and Driverless cars - Page 2 Empty Re: Electric and Driverless cars Sat Nov 25 2017, 09:36

If they didn’t make Diesel an uneconomical choice then consumers would still be buying them. Nudge theory doesn’t work in the UK, too many people are only concerned with how much it’s going to cost them rather than any wider benefits. 

Credit to the government on this, an unpopular but undeniably correct move is exactly the sort they should be making but rarely do.

22Electric and Driverless cars - Page 2 Empty Re: Electric and Driverless cars Sat Nov 25 2017, 14:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Problem is that they don't go very far between needing to be charged up.
I'm in Scotland at the minute and I'd have to stop somewhere like Carlisle (halfway between Rammy and Stirling) to recharge and that assumes that there are free charging stations.
I'll stick to petrol for the time being.
Whilst the current BMWs do 250 miles on a charge, the new technology is moving on very quickly creating shorter charging times and longer distances per charge. As uptake continues to rise, petrol stations will start to be phased out to make more room for charging points, but for now....
You need one of these. A range of 620 miles on one charge and does 250 mph as standard - faster with the add ons.

And one thing electric cars can do that petrol cars can't is fill up at home e.g. at night to take advantage of economy rates and they are unaffected by our annual petrol shortages, pollution charges and sudden price hikes from being held to ransom by the Arabs/Russians or our own Government ekeing out a bit more tax.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum