Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Allardyce to be Everton boss

+10
Wanderers for 45
xmiles
terenceanne
wanderlust
doffcocker
Norpig
Growler
Bwfc1958
Angry Dad
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Wed Jan 17 2018, 17:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Allardyce has signed Theo Walcott. For £20m. Yes, £20m for Theo Walcott. That's pounds, not jelly beans.

Incredible.

22Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Wed Jan 17 2018, 17:54

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a good player...

23Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Wed Jan 17 2018, 18:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:He's a good player...

He's terrible.

He has pace and nothing else. This will be a disaster for Everton.

24Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Wed Jan 17 2018, 19:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've never rated Walcott - always seemed to me to be a sprinter without a football brain in his head.

I guess Allardyce will give him some sort of simple plan to play - maybe players boot it down the wing for him to chase and once he gets it to cross always to the back post.

Anything more than that he seems to be lost as where he should be on the pitch and what he should be doing.

Although I'm a big fan of Allardyce I don't think he always buys well when he has money to spend.

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed Jan 17 2018, 20:09; edited 1 time in total

25Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Wed Jan 17 2018, 19:17

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Going off the televised cup defeat at Liverpool, they have Sigurdsson and Rooney who are decent but nobody else in their midfield and attack that are top half standard which is where Everton probably want to be.Walcott is a definite improvement on Bolasie who Sam had to play that night.

Its not a very exciting signing for them though, an admission they are happy with ageing  cast offs from more successful clubs.Like Meggo paying £4.5 million for Zat Knight from the Aston Villa reserves

26Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Wed Jan 17 2018, 19:59

Disagree with you on Bolasie Growler, think he has everything Walcott doesn't he's physical and explosive, with great feet. I'd take him over Walcott any day of the week (providing he comes back from the long term injury the same player of course).

27Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Wed Jan 17 2018, 20:27

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

With or without Walcott Everton will battle it out with Leicester for 7th place. Unless one of the big boys implode, realistically, it's probably the best they can dream of for years to come and therefore Allardyce will be deemed a success.

If he can stay fit, and now with a platform in which to shine, I think Walcott will look like a decent buy for the remainder of the season. Chamberlain looking much improved since his move away from Arsenal as he desperately plays for a World Cup squad place and I expect the same from Theo. Southgate obviously told them both to get the hell off Arsenal's bench.

£20m doesn't sound crazy to me in the current market. Dwight Gayle is being linked with a £15m move to Fulham FFS!

28Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Wed Jan 17 2018, 20:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:With or without Walcott Everton will battle it out with Leicester for 7th place. Unless one of the big boys implode, realistically, it's probably the best they can dream of for years to come and therefore Allardyce will be deemed a success.

Everton are absolutely terrible, a team of spoilers despite spending more than most in the Prem.

They'll finish 13th or 14th and the fans will be demanding Allardyce's head before the season is out.

29Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Wed Jan 17 2018, 21:32

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:With or without Walcott Everton will battle it out with Leicester for 7th place. Unless one of the big boys implode, realistically, it's probably the best they can dream of for years to come and therefore Allardyce will be deemed a success.

Everton are absolutely terrible, a team of spoilers despite spending more than most in the Prem.

They'll finish 13th or 14th and the fans will be demanding Allardyce's head before the season is out.
They already are.

30Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Thu Jan 18 2018, 07:44

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

What! Really? You're more of a mess than I thought.

List the teams that you honestly believe will finish above Everton this season and leave them in 13/14th place. In order preferably.

You can't do it.

31Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Thu Jan 18 2018, 11:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:What! Really? You're more of a mess than I thought.

List the teams that you honestly believe will finish above Everton this season and leave them in 13/14th place. In order preferably.

You can't do it.

Everton have been shite all season, they had a few games when Allardyce was first appointed where they won a couple, but since then it's been back to absolute crap. And Walcott really isn't the sort of player you want when the chips are down.

I said 13/14th, but it wouldn't surprise me if they finished lower than that. And don't forget they've spent more money than virtually everyone other than City, Liverpool, United and Chelsea.

32Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Thu Jan 18 2018, 21:02

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Calm down, love.

Only time will tell where Everton finish this season but you're demented (yes, we've already established that) if you think they're going to finish in the bottom 6 or lower.

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is? Actually, on second thoughts.. I'll bet you... that Everton finish in a position closer to the top 6 than the bottom 6 and the loser donates a fiver to a charity of the others choice. Deal?

Check with Cecil and get back to me.

33Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Fri Jan 19 2018, 20:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Walcott for 20 mill seems like a good deal to me just based on the silly money clubs are paying now.

He is still in the England squad I think ............They paid over 30 mill for the fooking goalkeeper so pocket change really.

34Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Fri Jan 19 2018, 21:02

I agree that £20m makes it relatively low risk. But he hasn’t been in the England squad since 2016, and hasn’t been the same player since his serious ACL injury. If I was an Everton fan, I’d be slightly underwhelmed.

35Allardyce to be Everton boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce to be Everton boss Sat Mar 31 2018, 18:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I know City are good but Everton are incredibly shit. Numerous Championship clubs would probably give City a better game than Everton have.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum