Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackburn Rovers: Mental?

+2
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 18:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now I have no time for Steve Kean, he's a bit of a knob by all accounts. Like Owen Coyle, he's lucky to still have a job after such a pisspoor season ended in relegation.

However, Blackburn Rovers have tonight released a statement saying if he loses the first three games he will be sacked.

Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean has been warned he will be sacked if he loses the first three matches of the new Championship season.

Rovers dropped from the Premier League last season but Kean kept his job.

He faced criticism from some Blackburn fans, who have staged regular protests against him and the club's owners.

And director of football Shebby Singh said: "If, after three games, we have dropped nine points then we'll only have a 50% chance of getting promoted."

Is this fair? Should all clubs issue such a statement to make it clear what they expect? If Gartside issued a similar statement to Owen Coyle would it make us more likely to win games? I don't think so.

2Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 18:07

Nowt wrong with making it clear what you expect. But Kean has bought very well, we will walk this league.

3Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 18:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Countdown to... oh he's already here.

This guy has a telepathic sense of when Blackburn is mentioned.

amazing.

4Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 18:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Three games don't say an awful lot about a manager. A whole season doesn't say a lot about a manager - Coyle was hot property for a 12 month period...12 months on, no Premiership club would touch with him a barge pole.
You either think a manager's good enough, and give him a proper chance (i.e. not just three games), or you get rid straight away and bring in somebody decent. Kean isn't going to suddenly find his depth in the Championship. It's still the same ball game. I think they could have been mid-table last season with a manager that knew what he was doing so Blackburn fans would be asking "Why the fook now?" if he was sacked three games in.

I don't think Blackburn are a big threat for promotion. They've brought in a couple of past-its and have overpaid for two Premier League rejects, one of which will miss the first half of the season.

5Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 18:28

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
However, Blackburn Rovers have tonight released a statement saying if he loses the first three games he will be sacked.

No they haven't released such a statement. The guy was asked a direct question at a fans' forum and answered it "yes".

Whatever you think of Coyle, or Megson, or Lee, or whoever is our manager, it's not good for a football club for the senior management to be setting such specific ultimatums for the first team manager in public. It's completely unfair on the manager and in any other occupation an employee would be entitled to submit a formal grievance if it happened, with a view to a constructive or unfair dismissal claim.

6Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 18:29

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Countdown to... oh he's already here.

This guy has a telepathic sense of when Blackburn is mentioned.

amazing.

Uncanny, isn't it.

7Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 18:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:No they haven't released such a statement. The guy was asked a direct question at a fans' forum and answered it "yes".

Pedants

8Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 19:03

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Is this fair? Should all clubs issue such a statement to make it clear what they expect? If Gartside issued a similar statement to Owen Coyle would it make us more likely to win games? I don't think so.

It's the whole basis of your thread, this incorrect assertion that Blackburn have "released a statement" and asking whether all clubs should do this.

And yet despite your fuck up, I offer my opinion anyway, rather than get bogged down in your mistake.

Don't take it out on me just because you've fucked up and created a pointless thread again.

9Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 19:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

It's the whole basis of your thread, this incorrect assertion that Blackburn have "released a statement" and asking whether all clubs should do this.

Don't take it out on me just because you've fucked up and created a pointless thread again.

Does it really make a difference whether it was a statement or said by an official at an informal gathering? The fact is Kean has been given three games to save his job - the point of the thread was to ask is this a good or a bad thing? Some people prefer to know exactly where they stand, some don't.

10Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 19:06

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Does it really make a difference whether it was a statement or said by an official at an informal gathering? The fact is Kean has been given three games to save his job - the point of the thread was to ask is this a good or a bad thing? Some people prefer to know exactly where they stand, some don't.

I've give my opinion on that too, in my first reply. You're the one making a song and dance about it.

11Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 19:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Foes list.

12Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 19:13

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm too important to you for you to ever put me on your foes list.

13Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 19:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:But Kean has bought very well.

For League 1...

countdown 10.....9.....8....7....6....5....4....3....

14Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 19:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Beautiful.

15Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sat Aug 11 2012, 19:25

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

Beautiful.

lol!

16Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers: Mental? Sun Aug 12 2012, 00:15

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's good and bad.

Good that it's still a circus at Deadwood with Scabby Sing there.

Bad that it means Bastard Rovers best manager in history may be under threat of the sack.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum